Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i like this thread too. i spent hours of good valuable time reading through it, instead of writing an essay on kate moss and cocaine...

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
anyone else coming to prodigy tomorrow? bounce

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
ok ok we can keep this thread so how many people coming on the 11th

and loki i missed how much tht circus thing is goin to cost nxt yr th one u have organised for em to cum???

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Im in. I will try to come on the 11th, I just need to rob a corner shop to get the money together or something!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
hey house of mill we met on sun i wented to know if you have done fire staff on your unicyle befor.

my name is firelight.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
now tht would be something worth paying to watch tht really would be difficult

i know i would liek to see tht lol

and joe why you only robbin a corner shop lol

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i can probably make it on the 11th, but maybe just for the spinning part, cant be sure yet, never good at planning in advance

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: dragar405325

now tht would be something worth paying to watch tht really would be difficult

i know i would liek to see tht lol

and joe why you only robbin a corner shop lol

Meh a bank is going abit too far ubbrollsmile

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
hughughughug s for everyone - what a lovely meet! All you newbies are lovely so I hope you'll come to more....

Missed all the absentee's tho frown - just think if everyone had been there we'd've taken over the whole pub, not just cleared them out of the corner ubblol

Well, I'm in for the 11th - tho' I can't vouch for how lively I'll be as I'll be partying in Nottingham the night before tongue ubbloco

Thanx for the CD Lee biggrin

Oh and my glow poi are working again, but I e:mailed Balls U Like and they sent me another pair anyway!! Now that's what I call customer service - 2 sets of glow poi for £15 biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hello there all!

im def up for the 11th, was great at the last meet, was nice to put some faces to names, and learn lots of new things. We meeting same time same place???

Hows everyone been?? good me hopes!!

well see you on the 11th, lookin forward to it! really want to do a burn aswell, guess ill have to see what happens, pop my burn cherry maybe???/

bye for now!! smile hug

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sniper

anyone else coming to prodigy tomorrow? bounce

:tumbleweed:

wow that many?

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i wanted to go but i cnt get hold of tickets

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Catt

pop my burn cherry maybe???

ubblol

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

Missed all the absentee's tho frown - just think if everyone had been there we'd've taken over the whole pub, not just cleared them out of the corner ubblol

That nice gentleman in the corner did offer to let me sit on his lap. I don't know why I didn't take his offer. He looked so soft and cuddly. biggrin
EDITED_BY: Alien_Concept (1132697423)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hmmm *strokes chin* do I see another fellow brother amoungst the hop crowed...*checks aliens introduction thread*

Oh you dont have one, you should make one! biggrin

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Hey there! I'm thinking of moving to Manchester next year when I start a new course. Obviously the poi spinning is going on strong, but is there a juggling club or anything as well?

How often are the meets etc.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Hmmm *strokes chin* do I see another fellow brother amoungst the hop crowed...*checks aliens introduction thread*

Oh you dont have one, you should make one! biggrin

There you go. Got myself an intro thread! *thumbs*

Anyway, I took some pictures off the last meet. I think someone asked me to post them up on the gallery but I am not sure who were in the picture. Would it still be cool if I post them up anyway?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I am sorry i couldnt make it the other day, i def will come to the next one, promise, i miss my friends smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
Written by: pricklyleaf

Hey there! I'm thinking of moving to Manchester next year when I start a new course. Obviously the poi spinning is going on strong, but is there a juggling club or anything as well?

How often are the meets etc.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

i dnt know about a juggling meet or anything but i do know that people with all talents are welcome to our meets i think in the last meet there was a guy who was juggling with fire which was to say the least interesting to watch.

and as for how often the meets are its just whenever people are available and when we think is the best weather etc.

just keep your ears peeled and you should find out... but yeah defo come along all newbies welcome lol hug

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Yup, Gary I'll definatly be there for the 11th & so will my lovley boy (he goes zing ;P) our train gets in at 4.

Sniper, I'll be at Prodigy but I don't thinke we've met yet? We've got standing tickets. I have a blue double mowhecan in little blue bunches, say hello if you spot me smile

pricklyleaf, there's plenty juggling action in Manchester. I go to Quirkers on mondays which is nice & small & friendly & has a handfull of pros comming to practice so the skill level is pretty high.
A quick search on IJB also brings up these:
https://www.jugglingdb.com/clubs/index.php?record=724
https://www.jugglingdb.com/clubs/index.php?record=70
https://www.jugglingdb.com/clubs/index.php?record=71
I dunno what they're like though.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Yeah... You have a boy that goes zing, that has to be a good thing!!

Looking forward to seeing ya on the 11th!! You missed my boy at the last meet... Ahh well... maybe next time!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
This cheapo meal, what time are we thinking of having it? If I am still poor by then I think I might just have to turn up abit later so I miss it and only need to scrape together funds for a train ticket.

Sure itle be fine to put up your pics alien, were all easy on here its not like you need our permision to post pics of us on the hopper's site, unless that is they are pictures of aquired taste and of lude behavior ubbangel

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Nah, its just that they are not pictures of me. LOL! Not sure if the people on the pic might get annoyed if I post picture of them up without permission. Oh well.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
lol if they mone we will just poke them till they stop winging

sorry i missed it i hate missing the lovely man meets

seems like there where lots of new people i see lots of names hear i dont recognize lol

oh well i did go to the first ever man meet so im all old and stuff

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
So much talk cool as feck,
I'm back online now so tis all good.

On the eleventh we meet? Cool

Will, you better be up soon I tell ye!

Tobi we need to go for a ride real soon being a lonely unicyclist is boring!

Flash Can you Make the 11th?

Ro ROOMMMAAAAN!! Dude wher've you gone mate?

Hazel I've met Nigel at Salford Uni's juggling club he's well chilled and Pink Clubs Wow, I may have to pop to chorlton too!

Jenna if you want cheap food why not meet early in platt fields when its light then eat on the mile and make it to the gasworks for when its Dark?

Tobi dont delete the thread as someone said please a lot of "Important" info's there like me typing silly long posts!

bounce2 bounce2See you guys soon bounce2 bounce2

bounce2Luv peacePings and Hugs bounce2

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i would never delete the thread this thred it is the 4 most popular thred in "Events, Performances and Gatherings" with 1915 posts so far only 154 more post's and it becomes the second most popular (we will never beet "im looking for some fellow dutch spinners" as it is still active) we may catch up as we post more per week than them :-)

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Yeah!! Mill is back online!

The mile sounds like it could be good.... Not terribly Christmassy, but hey!!

And Lowan... I reckon you should put the pictures up, and just say if peeps want them removed, they can just ask...

Sure no-one would mind... (Unless there is horrible ones of me, and then you shouldn't post wink )

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
hovokist im glad i made you chukkle with my little comment!! he he he he

Lowan put the pics up they were great, we spent the majority of the train trip home lookin at them i think you should share them with HoP!!

Ohhh am excited about the 11th! hey Gazzabee hun, how are you?? good me hopes!!!

and we def need to keep this thread, i love comin and seein whats going on!!!

see you soon xx smile bounce2 bounce2

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
RIGHT! THAT'S IT I'M COMING BACK WITH A BANG! have missed so many meets and only met some of you guys once...11th you say?...count me in - got to shoot up to dundee in scotland on 9th for big piss up that night, recover on 10th and shoot back down for the meet! no probs he he

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok this weekend will check exactly how many are comin on the 11th, may be a good idea to book so we def have the meal lol.

mill - could you poss get phone numbers for the retaurants?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Page: ......