Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

MrDimmuSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
il meet you at piccadilly at 3 smile il be needing directions after that as i drive biggrin!

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Ohhh, I am so tempted! I haven't had a spin for aaaagggggeeee!!! >_<"

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Go on lowen, there'll be booze too biggrin boooooze! and spinning, hurray.

I'll bring my monkey fists and a tub of parrafin, its pretty full so if anyone wants to borrow fuel feel free too

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MrDimmuSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
well i cant make it now as just been told people already bought me tickets for MCFC frown damn them i was lookin foward to it! frown

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
well ok then so there is just joe then? lol ok well its upto you joe if you do still wanna come dnt mind either way but it would be me and you spinning
and about 40 ppl watchin i think.... and yes there is an age limit lol 18+ why you ask?

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I'll think about it, let you know tonight. Eeek 30 people, thought you only had a little flat how you gonna cram 30 people anywhere tongue

I'll have to get drunk lol. BTW if I do come, mind if I crash for the night? Just so I dont need to be thinking about the train coming home at night its usually hasstle having to clock watch

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Aww, its because im 15.So, who is up for sunday?

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
About the minibus to Falumouth, I have five people who want to sign up for it.

Thats Me, Flameboy, Flamer, Andy and Muff.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
and me that makes 6

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Lucky Number 7 biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
can i get a lift on the minibus too?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
like i said to lowan, and before, id be up for it, if someone who has a licence and the money hires it....

numero 9 wink

Minibus to falmouth (if we can get it)
id guess a maximum of 12 but could be less...
Flameboy
Flamer
Andy
Muff
lowan
tobi
dave
boo bunny
bubbles

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Flameboy
Flamer
Andy
Muff
lowan
tobi
dave
boo bunny
bubbles
Steaky

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
So we will be hiring a 12 seater? The D1 licence covers a 15 and 17 seaters.

Who drove to BJC last time?

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
Hiya all,

Regarding Falmouth 6 -

When are you folks thinking of driving down?

~Adz

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I believe it was Rob (Philtre) and Laura. I don't know if either of them are going to Fal this time round, but will try to find out.

Fractos, Fal6 is from thursday 14 September to Monday 18th September. So people will be leaving Manchester on either ther Wednesday evening or sometime Thursday, depending on work etc.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Heya ppl hug

Won't be able to make meet if it's on 27th frown cos will be in Anglesey smile which dobly wickid cos Venus will be the closest it's been to earth for 275 yrs n best place to see it is west wales apparantly!

Am seriously considering Fal 6 n if I do am happy to share driving

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
Flameboy
Flamer
Andy
Muff
lowan
tobi
dave
boo bunny
bubbles
Steaky
Havokist

i should be able to make it biggrin

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
Well if I can get the time off work (thu,fri,mon) for Fal 6, would you mind an extra Manc in the van? smile

~Adz

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
well im still iffy because i have training that will probs last till friday afternoon, and i dont know and i dont know if anyone else is going then...

if we can get a 15 seater, bear in mind theres no luggage area so id guess between 4 and 6 seats will be needed for the luggage etc, and last time the minibus was packed full!

we have a list of people but we still need a) another driver (not fair on elaine to drive alone) this has to be someone over 21 or 25 im not sure, and the licence.

deposits are high, some ive found to be £500, but i have actually found one manchester company and the prices which follows is for the bus, including petrol and a driver.

from the thurs till monday:

16 seater - 995

24 seater - 1100

30 seater - 1350

52 seater coach - 1650

although it may be 16, 24 or 30 seats, not that many people can go on it because there will need to be space for luggage. BUT if somehow we manage to get 52 people we can all hire the coach and itll only cost us around £30 each!

anyways, back to work lol

and most impotantly, who has approx

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
OOOO IM JUST WAITING TO HEAR FROM WORK IF I CAN HAVE THE TIME OFF AND IF THEY SAY YES
THEN I CAN COME WOOOO HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME AS THIS WILL BE MY FIRST
FALMOUTH MEET LOL
IL LET YOU KNOW IF I CAN GET THE TIME OFF WORK COZ IF I CAN I WILL NEED TO
RIDE IN THE MINI BUS, SO PLEASE CAN YOU RESERVE A SEAT FOR ME AND IF THEY
SAY NO THEN IL LET YOU KNOW THANKIES ALL OOOO ALL GIDDY NOW

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
GRRRRRRRRRRR AT WORK... WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE THEIR HOLS AT THT TIME OF YR......
I CANT COME AGAIN THIS YEAR :' ( COZ THERE IS NO AVAILABLITY THT WEEK THEY SED I
COULD HAVE THE MONDAY OFF BUT THT IT.... IS THERE ANYONE GOING UP ON THE FRI
NIGHT OR THE SAT, IF SO CAN YOU LET ME KNOW ASAP AND IL GET THT MONDAY BOOKED
OFF WORK AND I CAN COME WITH YOU!!!!! OTHER THEN THAT THERE IS NO WAY I CAN GET
THERE : (

SORRY GUYS

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ze_Bubbles

although it may be 16, 24 or 30 seats, not that many people can go on it because there will need to be space for luggage. BUT if somehow we manage to get 52 people we can all hire the coach and itll only cost us around £30 each!

anyways, back to work lol

and most impotantly, who has approx

There should be luggage space as soon as we hit the 24 seaters.

I have asked some of the Leeds crowd to see if any of them will be interested so it is possible to make 20. Should we advertise on the Falmouth Wiki page to see who else would want in?s
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1155575236)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i didnt see any luggage compartments on the 24 seaters..... but if there are then thats good.

lee, if im going it will be on the friday till monday....

guys, start getting a minibus booked now, theres only 4 weeks lefted.... eek
EDITED_BY: Ze_Bubbles (1155577351)

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
well please can you let me know if you are going or not asap coz i need to get tht monday booked off then
how will you be getting there if you do go.... i really wanna go coz iv never been to a falmouth before and
i think it will be really really fun but this is the only yr i can go.... please let me knw so i can get it off lol

can you tell im giddy i cant type sense lol

little nickBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone, i have been spinning for quite a while and didnt realise there were so many spinners near blackburn where i live.
On friday i went to the liquid and envy nightclub in blackburn on friday night and there were people spinning outside. If anyone knows who these people are please let me know cause im desperate to do some poi with anyone.
I know of the little meet on sat but i cant go.
If there is anyone who goes to the cellar bar let me know

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hey all!!

wow sounds like Falmouth plans are coming along swimmingly!! it SUCKS for me as i cant go! GUTTED!!! have to be back at uni and have to move into my house!
Also looks like im going to miss this months spin meet, if its this wkend ill be there but if its the bank hols im busy and then im going away and then ill be back in liverpool!
OHHH ANYONE FROM THE LPOOL THREAD, if your going to be around and fancy meeting in sefton give me a yell!!!

HOpe all are well and having fun!
will hopefully see some of you soon, there are some cracking pics there from , Depercussion, wa sit good, was kinda sad i missed it! anyway!
Speak to you all soon!
Catt xx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ze_Bubbles

i didnt see any luggage compartments on the 24 seaters..... but if there are then thats good.

lee, if im going it will be on the friday till monday....

guys, start getting a minibus booked now, theres only 4 weeks lefted.... eek

There should be a lauggage boot at the back of the bus. It looked kind of small tho so we will need to pack light. When would be a good time to gather up the funds? Would the 27th be too late for us to gather the money and make a booking? I could probably pay for some the Liverpool people and get the money off them afterwards but I am not sure if I could go beyond that. I will get in touch with the Leeds crowd asap and see if they want some seats. wink

Oh yeah, is there a chance that we might pick up some people along the way? There seems to be people who are desperates for ride to Falmouth. If we could plot out gathering points along the M6 then we could get more people roped into this wacky trip! biggrin
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1155594825)

MidianThe Fairy Of Things That Go Bump In The Night ;)
188 posts

Posted:
ermm please could somebody post how to get to falmouth as there are not enought of me and my friends going to get a minibus.... is there a train route or coach route...?

YEAY I CAN GO FALMOUTH THIS YEAR WOO!

oOo Look At The Pretty Fire.. oOo Touch The Pretty Fire oO.. OWW THE PRETTY FIRE BURNT ME!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
www.NATIONALRAIL.CO.UK and buy a rail card first Carly

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival