Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:

Written by:

It is decided, Gayle and I are coming up to invade Manchester I think it will be by train on Friday the 14th sometime late afternoon/evening-ish. I have yet to confirm this with work but if they act all assy about it I'll suddenly get an dose of Bubonic Plague (its wonderful what you can do with face paints and make up artists putty) They'll be begging me to go home!

Oh so does this mean the manchester meet has been dicided for fri 14th oct? IVe been away from hop abit so im having to catch up on like 30 posts in this thread alone.

Please someone elaborate on the plan for the manc meet so I know in advanced please

bounce

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Wow... I am so impressed with that... Peeps travelling up all the way from Bath... wow

Still new to this whole site and forum thing, and it's tickled me to know that there are people just as crazy ubbloco about Poi as I am...

*big smile* biggrin

Hoping I get the chance to meet with you guys too... It's be my first meet on Sunday... Jen is gonna look after me! grouphug

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol looking after isnt the word i would use ubbloco

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
would it be more of a "drag you into the middle of a circle of HoPpers" thing? tongue

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
I think it might be ya know... Really looking forward to it though.... I just hope the weather is good!! sunny It's not quite as much fun Spinning in the Rain.

How many people are coming this Sunday then... So far, I know I am, Jen is, Elaine is... who else? ubbrollsmile

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Hey BritJoe...

Written by: Wild Child

23rd-25th Sept BJC - Jen, Mill, Ro, me, Cantus?
1st Oct is Liverpool - ALL OF US!!
8th/9th Oct is Nottingham (jenna's bday and Tobi's but he can't be there) - Jen, Mill, Ro, me, Cantus?
14th, 15th or 16th Oct is MANCHESTER (yay!) and Tobi's bday. Day TBC pending who can come when...
22nd/23rd oct Nothing on!!!! Phew a rest!
29th/30th Oct Sheffield PiP - anyone going?
5th Nov Gayle's Bday in Bath, Mill, Ro, me, Cantus?

So Froggie, Hanky, Gayle and Skully plus Will and anyone else who wants to meet in Manchester that can't make 14th-16 th Oct or wants to come earlier....

the dates you can pitch for are *drum roll...... symbal clash*

9th-11th Sept (this weekend) - oh bum, think that's Nuneaton??
16th-18th Sept - Skully's at Cardiff, anyone else?

I think that is where it was last summarised... Although, few peeps have been talking about having a baby mcr meet this Sunday at Plattfields... that'll be my first one... I'll be able to put faces to avatars or whatever they're called... Hope you're well and not getting rained on

Gary!! ubbrollsmile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well its the 14th OR 15th OR 16th that threw me...Call me silly but I want to turn up on the right day ubbrollsmile

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
gurr 14th
i may not be able to go (bloody work)

will eddit the first post as soon as i get chance

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Jen your Discriminating against the youngsters we cant all meet in the pub , so you do the pub bit and I'll do the park bit like last time.

As Toby said tree the big one we were at last time at three? Ok with you Kyle?

Devilstar are you giving Tobi a Lift? Please do you Colne spinners need to stick together!

So good to hear Gayle and Lynne are on there way, Takeaway I hear you say Gayle the words Curry and Mile spring to me we could work our way down it and jump into the park afterwards! but its up to you

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
as long as i get a drink, a takeaway and get to meet some of you i'm happy. Saturday seems good for the meet does it not? and if any of you fancy coming out for a drink on the friday night then do.

Sorry, i'll stop organising your thread. But you know i can't help it ubblol

Gayle.....!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I will come on the that weekend of the 14th if i can either get if off work or i'll just miss the sat night and be there for friday or sunday

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ill have a unicycle for that meet biggrin bounce

but ill have to figure out how to bring it and get it to the pub hmm

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I will get back to you on this but I think me an tobi could be at a meet this weekend or next weekend

sorry that was almost a pointless and rubbish post, so i will edit this accordingly when i know for sure ubbidea

ubblol

Can't wait to see you lot again ubbrollsmile hug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hey guys - Little Miss Bossy here....

Joe - chill out hun, there's 5 weeks before October and all will be made clear (probably by me ubbangel - bleecch! ) closer to the time

Re: this Sunday - meet in the pub at 4 for those who want, we usually sit in the window at the big table to the left when you come in and are pretty easy to spot so just wander up and 'HoP?' in a hopeful way biggrin

For those that want to meet in the park, on the corner of platt Fields at the traffic lights, trun off Oxford Rd and walk alongside the park, you'll see an entrance just before a chruch and a short way into the park a big tree by the church - and lots of lovely spinners. weavesmiley

If you don't have anyone's mobi numbers PM me for mine that way you'll be able to find us.

Gayle and Skully . - of course you can stop at mine however Northwich isn't close to Manchester (25 miles) so drinking involves trains (last one at 11pm) or staying over - Jen says we can kip at hers tho.

meets normally start at 4 and continue till as long til the last one goes - depending on the weather and social activities ie going clubbing afterwards etc

You see, we're not very organised or very close! redface but it always comes together in the end and we'll make you welcome and have lots of fun biggrin

My home laptop is still being a git so not sure I'll be on-line this weekend, so txt me and I'll call you (company phone for another week!) if you wanna chat

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

tiz80SILVER Member
9 posts

Posted:
hey, im new round here but thought i should stop been shy and come and say hi wave
i havent been to a meet before but i met some of you lovely people at play, although im not exactly sure who cos im useless with names anyways and alcohol doesnt help that.
well anyway hope to come for a meet soon. and just so people are happy to see me ill bring cake!

penelope the sheep ate all the mintcake!

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the organising, Wild child! Sometimes bossyness has it's place smile PM for your number is on it's way.
& yep, Tobi can have a lift if he's comming back to Colne. I wouldn't wish that bus journey on anyone.

see ya sunday. Everbody pray for sunny

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: liquid_bubblegum

ill have a unicycle for that meet biggrin bounce

but ill have to figure out how to bring it and get it to the pub hmm

Oh if we steel the big table by the window again you can quikcly nip in and throw itunder the table, just dont let the scary lesbian bouncer see it! ubblol

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
sorry jem i shuld tell you thease things i plan in my tiny head

me and jem will be there this sun will prob go stright to the park mill should i bring the unicycle

and if we can get i lift back even the better would mean we could stay a bit longer.

of topic kind of we are also going to Nuneton on sat who else is going and how are you getting there i was thinking train

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
elain you are a superstarr thankyou for organising this lot i gave up ages ago

Mikey BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Gutted, another meet missed because of the need to pay the rent.
Curse me for not being independently wealthy and having a huge house to Hop in all day. censored
Lame. angry

Hopefully going to some of the BJC so little smiles for that. meditate

Need to make a manchester meet instead of all these out-of town meets.

Lame again. mad2

I didnt do it - no one saw me do it - you cant prove anything.

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Hey peeps!! Just bought some stuff on HoP to get some HoP points so I can stick photos up... so, if you're wondering who you've been chattin to for the last 2 weeks, check my gallery!! ubbrollsmile

For all those who are going to the meet this pm... can't wait to meet ya!!

bounce2

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Ro's not coming frown too busy with the house, but me n Cantus will be there.

There's a new guy just signed on Felix the cat - make him welcome chaps! He's a northwich guy (poi in a park in Northwich on wednesday - bizarre!) he can't come to the meet today, but will do at some point

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
hey somebody mentioned me smile

Meh

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Well... What can I say... Still got the Grin on my face!! What an amazing meet... You guys were all just so friendly!! So glad I came down! Learnt new tricks and everything!!

hug bounce2 hug bounce2 hug bounce2 hug bounce2 hug bounce2 hug bounce2 hug

You so know I am gonna be buying myself a staff next... that's Monkey's fault! Hoping I remember all your names!! Here was me expecting 6 - 9 peeps, and bloody 400 turned up!

You guys were all top, and welcoming and well talented!! Gonna learn so much!

Right... well, lookin' forward to catchin up with ya all real soon... bounce2

Loadsa poi love... ubbrollsmile

Gary ubblove hug

devilstarSILVER Member
155 posts

Posted:
Hey kiddies, ace meet!

Thanks for making me & Ree sooo welcome. Was ace to meet ya all, I'm still chuffed on finally nailing the buzzsaw bounce I'm glad you had so much fun with my hoop smile Can't wait for the next one.

Hazel x

If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Woot, I make a manc meet as promised, hmm, I might make a habit of doing this, and need to make more of a habit of spinning fire, and less playing with everyones monkeys ubblol tee hee

So who else did I meet other than C@nt, Mill, Wild lady, ummm umm Devilstar! yay thanx you so muchies for the lift biggrin

Apoligies taking ages to get there, we were faffing at a froggies rolleyes Would have been nice to spend more time with you luffly people smile

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

fleshbertnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hi guys... heard about your meet but had to be somewhere else. Any ideas when the next one might be?? I am very, very, very... did I say 'very'?? tongue ... new to poi. Would love to meet up with some fellow poi-ers... oh by the way... Hi everyone! wave

Osirisnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
i failed to show...again.

This is getting annoying now, t'was alright at the glade but well, last sunday wasn't so much fun.

Weather's nice today though. Book, smoke, poi after work me thinks. I might actually be pretty good by the time i hook up with you guys smile

(hm, nah)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Gary - it was a pleasure to meet you and sadly you will be overtaking us in the talented department very quickly I think! ubblove

Hazel - you are such a lovely spinner girl!! def gonna be learning from you next time. Great to meet you n Ree, hope you can make it a regular thing hug

Jem - it was great to see you on our patch and I do so hope we get to see more of you soon - sorry I didnt't talk to you much once I've ponged a few times i lose the will and ability to communicate frown

Osiris - get your butt down there next time, most of us are new to poi in the last year and we love helping noo peeps ubbrollsmile

Fleshbert - ditto!!

Think the next formal one is weekend of 14th/15th/ Oct and will prob be Saturday as Skully and Gayle are coming up so get it in your diaries now and if there's something already there - move it!!

Aprat from that it's the Manc invasion of Liverpool on 1st Oct....

e
x

Euonymous Europeus

devilstarSILVER Member
155 posts

Posted:
aw, shuks. Thanks Elaine redface tho I'm pretty sure I seen you do stuff I can't so we can make with a big ol' skills share next time (that means I will be making it a regular thing biggrin)

I don't suppose anyone has an idea what time you'll start on 15th Oct? I'll be in Manc, but will have to leave early to go to my friend's hen night frown

Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you at BJC?

Page: ......