Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Smiling Natalienewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hey,

Thanks for the welcome l-bubblegum and m-sauce smile
Im really tempted to come on sunday, you all seem really nice. Changed my avatar to 'me' so that I may be recognisable (-ish).

Im not exactly sure where Plat fields park is but I guess the thousands of people milling around on oxford road should know.

Oh and can anyone let me know where the best place in manc/bolton would be to buy poi? smile

Ta everyone,

Nx

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I got time off work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete, Jen, Elaine, Roman, Kyle Tobi I'm feeling well cheeky with the Falmouth lark but your now top of my Xmas card list if I had one and will be butler and anything(Up to a certain point) atFalmouth in apprecation. Once my "problem" is sorted I'm going to return your generosity.

Falmouth!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!

On the sleeping lark how will I avoid paying if I pitch my own tent? Or shall I put it up in UCOF's porch?

Love you guys!#

And remember scream your orders at me anytime!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Natalie if you walk/bus up oxford road past the curry mile then its the park at the end even a lost soul like me found it

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yay! Millhouse is coming - double yay! bounce bounce2 bounce

If Alice is going by train I have a space in my car for you (in fact I haven't heatd from Cantus either - about Falmouth or Sunday, is he still with us?)

Re: tent thing - hmmmm, you got a point there.... let's play it by ear

5 more sleeps!!!

And sunday is going to be a lovely day in Platts Field with loads of lovely new people to add to the fun biggrin weavesmiley juggle

woohoo - I love summer! sunny

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i'll be there too!but i dont get evan one yay.....sigh..
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Oh bless you Mike come here hug2

Of course we're pleased you're coming but you've been coming for ages ( confused umm ) and Millhouse wasn't but is now

erm... i think

Anyway, if you get hugged to death in Falmouth you only have yourself to blame now!!

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It is now official. I have no car.

The garage that has the car conveniently forgot to send the pics of the car to the insurance peeps. Now I have the whole weekend to wait.

I will not have a car for Falmouth.

Bugger.

Right, trains might be a good idea, i'm looking into further alternatives... I'll keep you posted...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Planes and trains are out, as i'm far too fecking lazy to go jogging about after them...

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Me and flash have already spoke so I'm not thinking about that at the mo,

Thinks Mike means he's coming on sunday not Falmouth where as I will be being escourted to Falmouth some how.

So who's coming to poi idol tommorrow?( www.monster-monster.co.uk for details) its going to be well funny and the theme is uniforms!!!!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Both of u guys are coming!!!!!! to falmouth i mean

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Well were trying to

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Just how did you write your car off Pete?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
natalie, been trying to msg u back but uve stopped accepting them frown pls change your settings and maybe we can sort meeting up tommz smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
right... er.... lemme know guys smile

-K

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

harrisnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
hi am new to the site !!!!!!!!!! just to verify for me! were n when exactly is the meet??? cos from the first page of this thread it looks like picadily gardens at 4???!!!! am confused soooooo if sum1 cud just verify for me it would be great!!! there should be a few of us coming down!!! yay!!! day in the park!!!!!! smile

why wait to do something??? do it now!!!!!!!!!!!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oh boy, where to start!

I reversed ito a bloke in Sainsbury's. Twat.

The Inn Sewer Ants peeps decided to be slow.

Feck em all!

Will be hiring a car, if peeps would be so kind as to chip in as much as they can afford... Will quote a price for the hire car... Good noos tho, as I will be hiring one that is big enough for all 5 of us, and has air con! Yay for vehicle refrigeration units!

But anti-yay for insurance people. I may even be able to buy one, but its iffy as I need to know how much i'm going to get on settlement...

Either way, its the cheapest alternative... smile

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
who cares if they lose out biggrin

And yay for you guys coming bounce get a family wagon, Pete will you be offering lifts to asda for morning fry ups, if so i bagsy front seat

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
im happy to pay man train i uber expencive so long as we get there was starting to worrie

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Smiling Natalienewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hey LB....sorry about that...dont really know how that happened.

What time will everyone be around till coz I probably cant make it till about 6ish...will that be ok?

Nx smile smile

harrisnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
so i take its plat fields at 4 then?????????

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah harris smile see you there, me thinks im gonna be there round 4.30

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
im setting of soon se ya all in a bit

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
mill im still stopping at yours right????

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I sincerely hope y'all had a good time tonight, as likey i sayee before, i'm transportless...

However I did play golf today, and spent all the time I wasnt walking or playing spinning my clubs...

And have you ever tried to do a neck wrap then spin it down your arm with a very poorly balanced golf cub? (i'm sure there's a name for that move, but I dont know it so nyer)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Erm yes toby your sat down stairs

Just got back from the meet it was great nice turn out got some cool videos too.

After everone left we found some poi I belive they are Jenna's Tails purple ones also I small set of fire poi dont know who's they are but they are in my kitchen awaiting collection.

Roman bring your cycle to Falmouth, I need it!
Email me about Falmouth Ro so I know when your getting here and what Room's left for me in the car.

harrisnewbie
5 posts

Posted:
was fun down at the park yesterday didnt really chat to many people but who i did thought u were really nice peeps!!!!

i was the lad with the diablo by the way

hopefully will be able to make future meets!!!!!!!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Howdy...

Car Update for those in my vehicle...

I have booked a Ford Focus for £160. It is spanking new too... biggrin

We now have 4 of us, Tobi, Kyle, Kyrian and Me.

The less luggage the better! Plus, we should have space for one more if someone fancies it!

Millhouse is going with Elaine.

Still should have some chance of getting my own car before too, so with any luck, we should only have to foot the bill for fuel.

Thats it so far!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: house_of_mill

Roman bring your cycle to Falmouth, I need it!
Email me about Falmouth Ro so I know when your getting here and what Room's left for me in the car.

Millhouse you're off your head - it's gonna be hard enough to fit 4 people's stuff in the car as it is without a unicycle!! You know what it was like with 3 of us for Glasto.....

or is it up to Ro to decide what goes in my car now (and when!)?? ubblol

Euonymous Europeus

JustwalkMember
68 posts

Posted:
Ok, the weekend meet was great! Let's do it again sometime!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
amen to that - wicked day/eve, just wish i could've stayed longer.

Big hugs to Millhouse for the venue change - it can be our summer camp!

Euonymous Europeus

Page: ......