Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I decided to do something about my smoking habits and I had hypnotherapy yesterday... very full on experience... I went into a very deep meditation and just listened to what the lady was telling me, so far so good... I am going back next week to see how things are going... Anyone else here had a hypnotherapy experience?... Anyone run around a stage and clucked like a chicken and eaten whole onions, all the while believing they were marilyn munroe?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
not lately.....but yes i have had an incounter with "Hypnotherapy"......you can also tape or burn a c.d. to tell you not to smoke or something like that, over and over again......this is supposed to reach your subconcience(can't spell it) and tell your self to not smoke. and like in a few weeks it is supposed to come natural not to smoke or something like that......but i haven't seen it fully performed yet but it has worked......we did that to my cabin mates at camp.......we would tell them to roll out of bed every night and then he did it nightly for the rest of the 5 weeks. it was hilarious cause' he slept on the top bunk.......

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
hey I got something about hypontheripy(hehehehe)
do u want me to send u a copy about it.
? just leave me an email

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
sure thing Fireboy... just hit my email link on my profile...fanks sweetie...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hiya!

I've got a bit of a grump with hypnotherapy... well not exactly, I think it can work extremely well but I lost A LOT of money on a course, and only ended up having about 4 hours tuition! Bah Humbug... at least i'm less likely to fall for crap courses again in the future eh?

Anyway from what I've gathered it's perfectly safe... you can only be hypnotised to do things you WANT to do. If you have any kind of fear of hypnosis it actually makes you more susceptible to the suggestion because you have a greater belief (or fear) that it will work. Phew. *pauses for breath*.

I think it's great stuff though... I'd like to get into it again maybe in the future in connection with past life regression and healing... hummmm we'll see. It does have amazing potential though... you can use self-hynosis for pretty much anything with mostly good results!

Good luck with it anyway!!!!

~Chalice~

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I've done thorough research on this topic. I have, in the past, agreed to go under hypnotic sleep in an attempt to retrieve buried memories (Chronic retrograde amnesia for the record). It worked well, in some ways, too well.

I've also tried self-hypnosis, in an attempt to relieve my somnabulistic habits (sleepwalking) that had mixed results, but I went from having horrible recurring nightmares to lucid sleep in just 3 months.

As far as my personal experiences with hypnosis, they were not always successful, but for others I have heard of amazing results. No drugs, no treatments, just careful meditative guidance. Your subconcious does the work.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Yeah I had three months of heavy hypnotherapy treatment last year for self destructive behaviour. It is a really relaxing and cool experience to have but you must get a very good hypnotherapist otherwise u are wasting your money. The guy I went to is one of the best in Australia (he's got a PHD in it).

It definately worked absolute wonders in me and other people I know but I must stress that for it to work you need a very good psych who understands the processes within you that need to be changed.

Much more effective techniques have come into circulation now that absolutely shit on all past kinds of therapies. They used it on a group of Vietnam Veterans all with PTSD (one of the most serious psychological disorders you can have) and they fixed them up in a weekend PERMANENTLY! There are a number of different names for this therapy, the ones I've heard of are EFT and TFT. It works to cure ALL addictions and emotionally based problems, (which is pretty much all problems since emotions manifest so strongly in your physical being). If you're interested check out this web site.

www.emofree.com

It does sound like a load of new age bullshit but I've cured friends of cigarette addictions in five minutes and the work I've done on myself has made me such a happier person in life.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly there is no such thing as a quick fix, to believe in such is to be rather foolish.

I'd like to see them try to cure my ills with a weekend of hypno

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
burning byron... is this something you learnt in like a seminar or did someone who practises this stuff just teach you? This is very interesting to me...There is no such thing as new age bullshit in my opinion, but the mind is a very powerful thing and you need to be careful when you are "fiddling" with it...can u mail me the details? Thanks...

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Raymond if you think your ills are more complicated than a bunch of vietnam veterans then you might have some sort of arguement to go by but they cured a whole heap them in no time whatsoever where a couple of decades worth of conventional therapy INCLUDING HYPNOTHERAPY hadnt done anything.

These new energy therapies are based around the energy meridians in your body. They are used in the same way as accupuncture therapy as in the end points of these energy meridians (or pathways) are what is used to access the energy pathways. The knowledge about these pathways has been about for thousands of years (they found a guy thousands of years old frozen in ice with the energy meridian points tatooed onto his body), but they only recently have been scientifically proven by engineers in the US who mapped them out using electromagnetic fields.

The thing about these pathways is that the smoothness of the flow of the energy in them, directly relates what emotions you are experiencing. So say if your angry the energy in a certain energy pathway in your body will flow very uneven like and staggered compared to the even flow that is there when you are calm. Now all it takes is to tap firmly a few times on the end point of that energy pathway to send some pulses down the pathway to even out the flow of energy. The emotion then feels like it just fades away and you can now tackle the problem at hand without those annoying negative emotions clouding your view.

just check out the site www.emofree.com

They have a manuscript which is free to download and is very well set out to treat yourself, which is part of the beauty of this stuff cause its not necessary to go to an expensive psych.

I've worked on all different kinds of problems with myself from rejection issues with my parents, my addiction to sex, my addictions to alcohol, anger at ex girlfriends and fuck loads more with other people. I put a girlfriend to sleep mid anxiety attack by tapping on the appropriate points on her body!

This stuff is going global at the moment and I know personally of about 8 different pyschologists who now use it instead of any conventional therapy. The institutionalised psychology world is shitting itself presently because they're losing the power base which they've built up using conventional therapy for the last 100 years.

Valura its IMPOSSIBLE to cause yourself damage with this therapy, the worst thing you can do is bruise yourself by tapping to hard.

No seminars were involved infact most of the stuff I learnt came directly from the site above in the EFT manuscript WHICH IS FREE. These guys do make a lot of money from doing seminars and selling their videos of their seminars but they have lots a free stuff on their site which gives you more than enough to treat yourself effectively for any emotional problem.

Yeah I'm going to go Kite surfing now!!! The wind has finely come in again. Good luck with it all guys.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
I highly recommend hypnosis for giving up smoking, just make sure the hypnotherapist is well qualified and experienced. Ericksonian hypnosis and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) are particularly effective.

It's a good idea to ask about their success rates, many offer free sessions or money back if it doesnt work first time.

Tapes and CDs will be nowhere near as effective as seeing a proffesional (phrases need to be delivered as you breathe out etc).

Hypnosis is statistically the most effective way of giving up smoking, and is totally painless.

I highly recommend it.

Good Luck

Axis.

2,905 posts

Posted:
I didnt mean to start a fight so relax a bit.

Please allow me to reiterate, the mind is only susspetible to what you allow it. For every success that you have doccumented proof of, how many doccumented failures are there?

Frankly I dont believe in your "energy medicines"
No offence but its not my cup of tea.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Well thank god you told us Raymund, maybe now we can all get on with this thread.

Past-life regression is something I've always been intrigued by. I hear it's very expensive though.
My boyfriend had it done as a child, his mother paid for it as he was very eager. He woin't ever talk about it. Although he can't remember any of it, he said hearing the tape of what he had said while under hypnosis was fukin scary.

Anyone else here have some past-life experiences to share?

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

2,905 posts

Posted:
I just find it odd how you mention past life (something that compleatly negates God) and God in the same scentance. Just and observation, as I swam through the sarchasim from the last post.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Perhaps we have a difference in opinion on the definition of God. Or perhaps you mis-understood the 'level' of sarcasm in my post.

Az abouve, So below...

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
How does past lives negate god? I dun get it...

Om Namah Sivaya

2,905 posts

Posted:
In my opinion the idea behind past lives or reincarnation is that God is removed from the equation of life. Basically your soul continuest to enter another body untill your soul either wears itself out or you get life right and die in peace.

DFQ I think your first line was pretty darn sarchastic, well sarchstic enough for me to cut with a small nuke!!

Like I said I aint trying to start a fight, an opinion was asked and therefore given. Do what you want with your life and your brain. Dont let me interfer.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
LOL... chill out, you beautiful souls.
I am one to be quite interested in many of the things you mentioned. I tend to beleive what I see and I did see my aunt undergoing serious surgery with only the anesthesy of acupuncture...
I strongly beleive in hypnotherapy too, just not sure we are mastering all effects and mechanisms yet... you know what I mean ?
as for past lives i don't quite beleive in it but find any opinion interesting.

as for crepes with nutella ... LOl..; come on... just kidding and being silly, don't you all give me that look

DFQ, check your pm sweetness

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey DarkFairyQueen!

I think I get where you're coming from.

Raymond - God and past lives aren't mutually exclusive, why should they be? If god/spirit/creation is everywhere, then how can it suddenly be nowhere when we die? And how can it be negated by being re-born? I don't believe in heaven/hell to be honest, but if you're coming from that angle then I can see how you may find god (a singular most triumphant being responsible for all creation) irrelevant in that context.

Religion always causes mass debate (and war), but it depends on what you personally get out of it, as to it's value and usefulness. I have a real hard time with christianity, although I have recently met a wonderful and extremely intelligent christian who has made me take a good long look at my own predjudices - towards christians anyway! Let each person have their own beliefs, and and try twisting your brain around them yourself once in a while, it's quite good fun! (this is in NO WAY aimed at Raymond... I'm just babbling)

I think buddism has a lot going for it on many levels, but you can live totally in spirit without the need for religion. Spirit is universal and is known by every name with which we have blessed it.

*Rant/thought puddle ends.*

Namaste

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

2,905 posts

Posted:
Maybe this is just me and how I was raised but how can someone pick and choose what religion they wish to believe. I dont understand how someone can sit down list out the pros and cons for each religion and then choose what one is best. I dont know make up your own mind, I dont need to start another religion debate.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Come on ray, you CANNOT both say that and then say you don't want to start another conversation... I actually think it is very interesting to wonder whether religion is something you should chose or inherit. but then again ... that is completely off topic I think ...

back to the subject !

do you guys think that humans are mature enough to deal with the tools they create such as hypnotherapy. do you think we master all its aspects ?

Shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
Jeez you guys (always wanted to use that phrase) you should calm down. Each to there own i think. I think i can understand both or all of your different points of view. And to me (who has had no experience with hypnotherapy)that half of the cure to a problem is having enough faith to believe that the treatment you are about to undertake will work. therefore if ray says he doesn't really think that something is possible and someone else does. The person who does is, hopefully, sorted and ray needs to find his own channel. This to me does not mean any thing is wrong with ether party.

I personally cannot comprehend being 'cured' of a deep problem over the course of a weekend but if someone else can then go for it. No two 'illnesses, ailments e.t.c are the same so should the same medium of treatment cure all?
*I hope this makes sense*

' Fire, fun for all the family!'

My cat's breath smells like catfood

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well as much as I would like to get another topic going that would push me over 1000 posts I can not subject Pele to it. After all she just got out of the hospital and is in no condidtion to save my arse.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I've heard of hypontherapy doing amazing things for people. I'm considering it myself for arachnophobia.

I haven't heard of someone using it to stop smoking, though. Let me know how it goes!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
First off, I think a lot of us have their own definition of god, so there should be no assumptions that we're all talking about the same creation story when the word god is mentioned ..... Now back to the topic of hypnosis, I have only experienced the "clucking like a chicken" part.. meaning with an audience... It has been about 6 years now, but I do remember a strange feeling during the process and the hypnotist saying I needed to stay out of my mother's medicine cabinet - It just put me into a weird mind set - Anyway, that was the second time getting hypnotized, and both times, the best part about it was an incredible high feeling afterwards. Both times the process left me very energized. I imagine that it's use as therapy (other than laugh therapy for the crowd) could turn some very positive results. I'm curious to hear more.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
the ciggys are no longer tasting like rotting eggs...lol whats the deal? could it be that my mind REALLY wants to smoke? have I undone the good work? or does it need to be reinforced?

[ 23 August 2002, 10:04: Message edited by: Valura ]

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*bump*

I underwent my first session of hypnotherapy last night because I have serious security issues concerning my better half. I can't stop feeling paranoid or jealous because every guy she meets, fancies her and has to tell her so, and offer her their love. It's even friends of mine that I introduce to her that do it. I always get scared that one day she'll get a better offer than I can give her, and she'll be off. I know that she thinks an awful lot of me, and that the chances of it happening are very very slim, but still I get worried. I don't want to lose the best thing that hasd ever happened to me. It's happened at least ten times since we've been together and it makes me so insecure that I try to push her away and hurt her before anything like that has a chance to happen to me. Thank the powers that be that I haven't managed to do it yet, and that she's so fantastic and strong that she sticks by me (god knows I don't deserve it after the way I've hurt her) But i just decided I'm getting sick of feeling so paranoid for no reason, and causing quite a bit of pain for the both of us.

Thankyou Georgina for being so amazing and having the patience for putting up with me. Words cannot express how wonderful I think you are.

I know she can't help being fantastic and beautiful, But why do other men not realise that when people are together, they are together and that's that? I wouldn't go trying to split people up because I had feelings for someone else's girlfriend. It's just not done. It's downright rude as well as makes me feel like complete sh!t.

Anyway...

My first session was last night. My mum's partner is a qualified hypnotherapist, So I get the treatment for free. It was the most amazing and yet freaky thing I have ever done!!

There I am, sitting in a chair, listening to him say things like 'your eyelids are getting heavy, and this is ok' and then he shows me a spot on his hand (proper David Blaine style) and before I know it, he's told me to close my eyes and that they're locked shut. I try to open them, but nothing. It's as if my entire body is paralysed, but I'm still in complete control of everything that is going on around me. He tells me to relax, and counts me down the 'stairs of relaxation', whereupon every step you go down, doubles your state of relaxation. By the time I get to the bottom, my body feels like a lead weight, and I feel so peaceful and calm.

He then took me on a 'trip to the cottage'. 'The Cottage' is an imaginary cottage in your head. you build up a picture of the most beautiful cottage you can imagine (mine was in Falmouth, for some reason) and the cottage is right on a cliff-edge. You walk into it and see that it's in a mess. there's crap lying everywhere, but this is no ordinary crap. What's lying around is all the emotions and experiences and indeed anything that you don't like about yourself, and you have to tidy up. I started off last night by ridding myself of quite a lot of jealousy that had built up in my mind, and a small bit of some other bad aspects of myself. I also managed to incorporate some of the urge to smoke in my rubbish. It felt so good. Once I had cleaned up a bit, I was told to 'tie a knot in the rubbish sack so that nothing could get out, take the sack to end of the picturesque garden, and throw it over the cliff'. Done. A weight off my shoulders.

Aftre that, he counted me out of the trance that I was in, saying 'when I get to the number five, you will be able to open your eyes'. 'one' he said. nothing. I tried to open my eyes early, but couldn't. 'Two'. same thing happened. 'three, four' again no response from me. 'Five' I opened my eyes and was wide awake, and still fully aware of what had been happening.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
reply here if your thoughts are about hypnotherapy, otherwise I have started another thread about the feelings I'm having in the discussion forum.

(Want to keep the mods as happy as possible)
EDITED_BY: loves the circus (1119948521)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Thanks for starting/bumping this thread!

It's quite freaky, I e-mailed a hypnotherapist for advice and info. this morning. I'm food phobic, I've been trying to force myself into better eating habits but I feel I could do with some extra help getting over the anxiety I feel about food. If I decide to get help, I'll update on how it goes.

Once again, hug Thank you all!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I forgot all about this thread.

I started smoking again. It did nada. I did slow down a bit but it took me getting pregnant to give up totally.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok. For a second I thought you were smoking while pregnant and I was about to hop a flight to Australia and come down there and beat you senseless...

spank

Don't SCARE me like that! Sheesh! ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Page: