Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
Cheers bov!!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Kinky B*tches... tongue

I'm gonna try and get myself down there on sunday as well if I can. No such thing as TOO many meets.... biggrin biggrin biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
yeh dave wud be good to see you before you jet off

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
cool bov, may have to come say hi on the 14th!

damn forgot about bristol, will have to see nearer the time, times are tight at the mo

remind me of the 14th on the monday lol, im crap... smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Damn it, i've turned down options to go places on Saturday, only to be not being able to be drinking on Sunday! Damn it.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
So.. does that mean you're not coming Flasher? frown

Aye Simta... hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Ok, Meet in Didsburry at Fletcher Moss Gardens on sunday at about 4-5pm then biggrin

And Bov, if you still have the same number I will call you over the weekend to try to make better arrangements for meeting you for a spin or whatever than I managed last time wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Dont know if I'll make it, been a busy week with the sale in work. I'll try!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I'll be down about 5'ish. if everyone heads down to the meadow at the bottom of the park there's loads of space.

will be really good to see everyone :-)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi folks

Not sure if this is the done thing to do...as it were!!
But I likie to give you guys some oppurtunities.
This was posted in the performers section and I know not everone can access it so here you go
Hi all, this will possibly not be what any of you want but I'll give you "first dibs" before putting it in the Events section.

We've been asked if we can provide performers for the following annual charity fundraising event:
Hi-Life Restaurant of the Year Awards 2008 - an annual event in aid of Christie Hospital, normally televised.
Organiser is looking for a couple of people to "do Poi" outside the event held at Hilton Manchester Deansgate on Friday 25th January.

When I asked for more details the following response received:
"As this is a charity event I have a very limited budget, however our company would provide complimentary platinum level Hi-Life cards to the performers (RRP £90). A Hi-Life card enables the holder to enjoy 2 meals for the price of 1 in the majority of restaurants around Manchester and the North of England - please see www.hi-life.co.uk. Of course, the performers will also be able to take advantage of plenty of publicity for the event.

We are definately looking for some wow factor as guests arrive at the event - I like the idea of fire poi, however, I do not know about the different types of performance available - what would you suggest? Costumes would be a plus."

So, as I said this may not appeal to anyone here due to the low budget bit but you deserve to be asked first.
If there is any interest/suggestionorry to PM or e-mail me for the organisers contact details.

Sorry to the Mods if its not Etiquet - but you know me!!!
Good luck peeps and hope to see as many of you as pos at the BJC
Peas out from....where am I now (Austria/Germany!!)

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
you be da naughty boi!

I'm still going to go, i never said I wouldn't David! Howsoever I shall be a bit disappointed to be not drinking smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I may be intrested even for free depending on who else is doing it??

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
ditto

And, there's a performers section that only certain people can access? Surely that goes against the philosphy at home of poi? (Not aimed at nix by the way).

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PK_

Seems that untill it was mentioned about the forum for performers there are a lot of people that had no idea.

well it's not just about hop... it has it's own website, so it is no big secret and any one can apply... im sure with registration your hop account will allow access to that forum which is hosted on hop.

https://www.fireperformers.com/ for info
https://www.fireperformers.com/safety_program/application.htm to join up

hug

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Ok, fair enough, thanks for that hug

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
dam dam dam dam (and a few more times for good luck

if i dont get this workbook finished by today then i cant come sorry dave

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
No worries Toby! It's not my leaving do! tongue

Work and education is slightly more important in the long term...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
looks like i might not be able to make it, trying but not sure, will have to see

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I have £100 to spend in the hop shop what should i get??

Written by: Hop Shop

Welcome Mint Sauce. Your loyalty discount of 15% will be applied at checkout. You have GBP102.44 referral dollars to spend.

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
poo

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Dogma666BRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
Okay, call me the st00pid newbie, but this thread kinda got confusing..
Is there a manchester meet on sunday 9th september and if so - where is it?

I'd like to come with some friends and (possibly) learn some poi...

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
its at fletcher moss park in didsbury

Dogma666BRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
cheers Simta

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oh Simta!!! frown Not planning another night in the slammer are ya? ubblol

Tobi: I'd get a new arm... Or a staff... biggrin

Come Dogma... We don't bite, not without form and patterns anyway... biggrin

So who's coming tomorrow?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I don't finish work till 4 so i'll be down at about 5.

will be really good to see everyone who can come :-)

Dogma666BRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'll see you lot later..
if we can find the place.

Now all I need to do is find some poi and talent!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Oh Simta!!! frown Not planning another night in the slammer are ya? ubblol

nope just stuck in stoke and not able to get up frown

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
pics on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20864&page=1&id=592080852

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
getting a bit low on the page
shamless bump

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mint Sauce

getting a bit low on the page
shamless bump

Damn right.. Looks from my casual browsing that we top the "views" league, can't go having the "I'm looking for fellow Dutch spinners" thread catching us up now, can we...?

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)