Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
dammit

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
a ha! there we go...yay 4 me!
p.s please just ignore these cause they make me look like a crazy twat biggrin ubbloco

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
arrgggghhh... can't make the next meet... evil boyfriend seems to think it would be inconsiderate of me to not go to his birthday/ housewarming party.
I think he needs to examine his priorities wink

Well sniff.. I'm sure I'll be able to go in March

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

HanskiBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
hey guys!!

been in manchester for about 6 months and been meaning to come to one of the meets - and finally gonna make it 19th feb! Cant wait to meet some fello fire spinning buddies, its really been tooooooo long!

see you then for some crazy fiyah antics!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
clap for Hanky and her new av

hug s for Catt and Lemminglady who can't make it frown

bounce for Hanski who can!

Ed, I'm one of those wierd people who can take it or leave it (chocolate that is!) but might come anyway......

And it's day 5 of no smoking biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Well done Elaine... Kieron is givin up too...!! WoooHoo!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
What healthy ppl we'll be biggrin

Hey, does anyone know where Smithfield market is? I've got a 2nd interview there next wednesday and don't know whether to drive or train it...

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
does anybody kknow about some fire spinners on canal street spinning outside axm on sat the 14th just gone???

thanks for burning with me

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

And it's day 5 of no smoking biggrin

Well done you!!

hug

I Gave up properly on New year, but I had hypnotherapy to help me, so I cheated really...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Written by: fire_fairy_liquid

does anybody kknow about some fire spinners on canal street spinning outside axm on sat the 14th just gone???

did you not go talk to them??
prob mike and sam or monky
non of them post on hear
mike dose on ocasion biggrin

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I have mikes number if you need it

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol no i didnt see em but a friend asked me bout em on msn and i was just curioous who they were, imguessing one of them would have been loki i think but not too sure

i just wanting to know how to get into performing thts all

and whether youneed a license for tht kind of performing??

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
or if anyone knows who i go to get a license???

oh and anyone goin to the sky light next mnday il be there, no one told me it was £1.50 for students lol

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
by being very good

and it also helop to know most of the people who own a lot of the clubs and pubs

most of the manchester clubs are not intrested in insurannce and stuff we ocasonialy get them on hear asking for help with big nights and stuff

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Elaine, I know where Smithfields is... It is just a bit out of town towards East, so if it's for an interview, I would suggest driving... It's pretty well signposted...

New Smithfield Market, Whitworth Street East, Openshaw, Manchester M11 2WJ.

Just head outta town on Ashton Old Road, and you should pick up signs!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yeah hes right the trains could be delayed or something you could end up arriving late (not a good first impression) or not at all if your really unlucky.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
To perform as Tobi said you have to be very very good. Above all not jsut confident in your moves but be a good performer, howt o get the best crowd reaction and to be confident to do things in front of possibly hundreds of people. #

I do performances as often as I cn for the pubs and clubs in Hull, with all of them I have had to show my insurance details

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
yay 4 u elaine! keep up the good work and u'll soon b an ickle eco-chimny instead! clap hug2
i havn't got a job as yet so i can quite confidently say that will b at the next meet - 2 in a row how bout that! biggrin

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

I Gave up properly on New year, but I had hypnotherapy to help me, so I cheated really...

So did I - it's not cheating, it works!!! Actually I did it in July last year but when i was made redundant I started again - it was a deliberate thing doh! Anyhoo, got a cd of the session so did it myself at home and this time around I'm sticking to it.

Well done you too! clap

And thanx Sarah - 'ickle eco chimney' ubblol like it biggrin

Gazza - ta very muchly - I knew you'd know!! hug

Euonymous Europeus

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Ok looks as if I can make it, but I assume I will have to steal some floor space with Tobi, if thats ok redface smile. I'll have to travel back to Bournemouth the next day

I have booked a mega cheap ticket for 13:24 from Manchester Piccadilly was that clever of me? I hope so smile

Trains are so much nicer than buses and coaches ubbrollsmile

Ooh can't wait now jem's excited ubblol

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!
Suzy is now my girlfreind and every-thing check me out as i grow up and only allow my self one girl in my life...

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1

mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
wooo yeaaahh go mike! being all grown up and responsidibible now!! couldnt have picked a hotter chick!

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Congrats to both Elaine and LTC (for quitting smoking) and Mike (growing up!?)

Lee, i thought you where one of the guys that spins outside java on princess street (near brannigans) at the weekends, or is that Mike and someone else?
I think you get public liability licences from the town hall, can check on that one tomorrow. as for insurance you would have to speak to one of the guys that already spin publicly

hug for both Lemminglady and Catt, see you both at the next meet

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: jemima (jem)

Ok looks as if I can make it, but I assume I will have to steal some floor space with Tobi, if thats ok redface smile.

I will be needing floorspace too probably and I think I should get dibs on sleeping next to Tobi, he wasnt complaing in sheffield wink

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
cheers steaks il have a look into it and no thts mike and someone else im wanting to do the public spinning though

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

Written by: jemima (jem)

Ok looks as if I can make it, but I assume I will have to steal some floor space with Tobi, if thats ok redface smile.

I will be needing floorspace too probably and I think I should get dibs on sleeping next to Tobi, he wasnt complaing in sheffield wink

nooo! ubblol I have bagsied both sides wink

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... If will is bagging Floorspace, I might not be coming... I'll have Uni things to do early morning...

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
will you have to drive home you cant stay

ther is a new law in manchester nobody called will is aloud to stop over on sunday nights lol

ed you have to come

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I don't want to be the reason for Will not Staying if he really wants to, either... I don't want to spoil someone else's fun. smile

Be Water My Friend.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
will dosent count if he wants to sleep rough he can sleep in the car when he gets back to hull

lol (just kidding will)

or you could miss just one day of uni goooooooo onnnnnnnnnn its only one day

Page: ......