Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
ello
ive lost my phone!!!!
Liz when you get back email me at work!
mike.c
p.s welcome back

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
mmm so whats the dates for the next meet??? i all confused and havnt really been keepin up to date coz been mega busy! sounds like the last meet was incredible, gutted i wasnt there!! some of the pics are awsome!!!
hope all are good xx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i wanna go to choc fest but cant get to swindon, so if anyone is going from manchester who is driving pm me, i really would like to go and would be able to give money towards petrol.....

please get in touch sounds like fun!!!

thanks for burning with me

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
so the first 2 weekends are out due to other events happening in the country?
so lets make it the 3rd weekend in february (which would be the 19th)

i also like the idea of making it a set weekend each month, wold make it a lot easier in the long run smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Written by: steaks

so the first 2 weekends are out due to other events happening in the country?
so lets make it the 3rd weekend in february (which would be the 19th)

i also like the idea of making it a set weekend each month, wold make it a lot easier in the long run smile

I think its a really good idea to have it a set weekend each month.

When its been decided, I'm going to put up a flyer down at the circus where I work...its generated a bit of interest, and people want to know when its on ....so I'll stay tuned in smile

Poivert

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
P.Sssssssss

Has anybody posted and pics or vid clips from the last meet ?

Poivert

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
18th 19th sounds good to me smile
Should we hold it on sun again so people who work can come? WILL wink

I will start of with say meet in Piccadilly Gardens next to Café Nero for all those coming on the train and those who don’t know Manchester at 3ish till 4 then move on down to the Gas Works

For everyone else meet down at the Gas Works from 4ish till late. biggrin

I'm sure some of you will want to meet in the pub and stuff beforehand so I will leave all that up to you wink

Mill it goes without saying I will need to sleep on your floor if poss redface

so
Sun 19th Feb
3 o'clock in Piccadilly Gardens
4 o'clock Gas Works

weavesmiley

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Ok, Tobi looks good for me biggrin

As for the alchaholics amoung us, how about Grand Central or The Salsbury? Not as far to walk to the Gassworks from there. wink

Hey, Schitz do you work at Skylight Circus in Rochdale? That's where I do trapeze! I have a couple of photos in my gallery from the last meet that Cath would proberly dissaprove of ubbangel

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
DAMIT DAIMT!!
Cant make that meet either, ohhh well there were be plenty more im sure!!

Ohhh who was looking for pics from the last meet, alien_concept as got some, and theyre really good so give him a yell im sure he would be happy to share!!

well hope all are good
bounce2 bounce2

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Ah Ed I missed your birthday, sorry hun frown have some cheesecake biggrin hughug2

Must say Swindon looks mucho fun and I might be tempted over to York, if only to see Skully's confusion over whether she's drooling over the naked men or the cholcolate ubblol i strongly suspect the combination may prove too much and she'll dissolve in to a soggy mess of hormones and endorphins eekubblolubblol

So 3rd weekend looking good peeps, is Sunday better than Friday? we've had friday ones before and travelling by bus/train is easier than sunday. Just a thought.

Medusa will you make it to this meet or the one in March? I can offer you a place to stay for as long as you like but I live out of Manchester so it's up to you. I can pick you up from stations and stuff tho

Gayle & Skully you are of course welcome again, however I've started doing up the back bedroom so I'm a bed down (mattress available tho) and you'll have to excuse the piles of stuff everywhere! We'll manage biggrin

Oh and newbies? - your desire to make things more formal is admirable but you'll soon realise the truth of the saying 'organsing HoPpers is like herding cats' help biggrin
As you can see from organising this date, it's great to set it for the same weekend each month but if you can't make that same weekend you miss every meet and then other things come up (like Swindon etc) so it's usually best to let it evolve organically... beerchug grouphug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Sounds good Tobi smile

If any out of towners want help with bieng met at stations etc. PM and im more than willing to help out (Schitz and Lemminglady can give references as to my tour guiding abillaties in manchester wink )

Owner of Clarence_Quack

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Friday or Sunday are both good for me biggrin I'll bring Ed along too if hes coming

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
im working the late shift on fri so sun would be best for me

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Written by: devilstar

Hey, Schitz do you work at Skylight Circus in Rochdale? That's where I do trapeze! I have a couple of photos in my gallery from the last meet that Cath would proberly dissaprove of ubbangel

ubblol Just wait till I see Cath now ! .. Yeh, I put in a few hours down at Skylight, not done any trapeeze yet, but hoping to in the future. Great piccies ... I'll look out for you at a meet ..or down at Skylight smile

Poivert

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Written by: Catt

Ohhh who was looking for pics from the last meet, alien_concept as got some, and theyre really good so give him a yell im sure he would be happy to share!!

That wuz meee ...thanks ! smile

Poivert

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wild Child

Ah Ed I missed your birthday, sorry hun frown have some cheesecake biggrin hughug2

hug

Thanks Elaine!!

It would be awesome to see you (and as many other HoPpers as Possible) at york!! Does the Chocolate Cake alone not sway your decision? biggrin

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
when does the skylight circus thingy meet in rochdale and where???

im in rochdale and wouldnt mind goin to there lol

oh yeah what is it as well lol

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
i think a regualr date is better and i could put up posters round blackpool end to create interest and giv me some travelling buddies...it gets awfully lonely :-( and fri would b better for me for transport as can just get train instead of bus aswell but not too bothered biggrin

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
It should be sunday definatly so mint can make it, he dosent get to come up to the manchester meets all that often.

Just an idea but when we were arranging the last meet platt fields was brought up for a little while, maybie we could have it there this time for abit veriety since the last what 6? or something close to that (maybie I dunno i havnt been counting) have been at the gas works its been ages since manc was at platt fields. Plus if anyone wants a drinks before hand Harleys Well is just across the road.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
to dark this time of year and nobody wants to sit on cold wet grass in the dark
Gass works has places to sit and is well lit.

the park was great in the summer we will prob move back there when it starts to warm up a bit.

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
plus everyone who's never been - a lot of newbies- will have to get directions and all confussled all over again!

i FINALLY uploaded my images of the very first meet i went to in manc last year!!! only took me a year to do it but check em out - i don't kno who a lot of the peeps r in the photos so if u recognise urself let me know
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showgal...mp;ppuser=10130

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
The Parks All boggy and stuff, I was in there yesterday, could of done with a Uni like Will's really,

19th Cool Suits me fine! Toby I might even change the bedding on my bed for you, if your lucky!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Good point I forgot about the lack of shelter

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Written by: fire_fairy_liquid

when does the skylight circus thingy meet in rochdale and where???

im in rochdale and wouldnt mind goin to there lol

oh yeah what is it as well lol

Skylight circus does alsorts of stuff, but if you want to come down to learn and practice circus skills, then monday nights are adult circus training. 7-9pm , Broadwater centre , right next to the bus station, opposite mecca bingo . £3

Poivert

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I wonder if I could make it? biggrin.................

*goes off to look at time tables and stuff*

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
if anyone is going to the skylight tonight can you let me know please and pm me asap then il pm ya with my phone number so i can make plans i hate going to these things on my own you see, and hey if i come with someone then its all good, do i need to bring anything apart from me??

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly it clashes with the juggling club I go to in Chorlton, otherwise I'd be there, but they are so friendly you shouldn't be scared of going down on your own. They have loads of toys you can play with, but I think it's best to bring your own if you've got em.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Juggling club in Chorlton, hmm.
Shame it claashes with the youth work i don in Chorlton (mersey bank to be more precise) otherwise id be into trying that out

Owner of Clarence_Quack

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Written by: fire_fairy_liquid

if anyone is going to the skylight tonight can you let me know please and pm me asap then il pm ya with my phone number so i can make plans i hate going to these things on my own you see, and hey if i come with someone then its all good, do i need to bring anything apart from me??

I'll be going tonight, and no, you dont need to bring anything with you unless you have your own fave toys you want to play with in a big space. Everyones really friendly so dont worry about us biggrin
If you really dont want to face it alone, then PM me and I'll give you my number, and I can either meet you at the door, or somewhere else nearby if you want smile

Poivert

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
i just wanna c if this works....finally get a pic next to me name! i feel special ubbrollsmile

Page: ......