Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Your not gonna ruin it by turning it into a chav mobile are you?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Na... just gonna keep it simple... Its not even like I am mad into my cars... love gadgets though!!

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
See you guys soon! biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
Hello there wave

My flatmate met a poister at baluga bar in liverpool for the night of a thousand bill cosbys at the weekend, and he told her to send me to this thread.
She didn't get your name but said you were very friendly.

I've been doing poi for a few years on and off now but never done it as a social thing - are you guys meeting in Platts fields anytime soon? I think it's time I came out of my poi shell wavehello

Don't be a Cookie Cutter Kid

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey there nimska! yeah we are having a meet in mancheter on the w/end of the 15th october, skully and gayle are coming up to visit too bounce

also if your interested theres a liverpool meet next week smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
Cool smile

I'm definately up for the meet in oct, but I prob have a bit of difficulty getting to Liverpool - I'm brssic!

ubbcrying

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
whoops! *brassic not brssic spank

d'oh!

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Do ya know Jen, I am always so impressed at how quick you are to welcome the newbies... You are like our Poi Ambassador... Well done you!

Welcome to the Mcr thread Nimska!! You'll love the meets, everyone is MAJORLY lovely!

Gary x

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
eexxcellent (burns style)
I am all excited about having people to play with bounce2

The only time I get to mingle on the poi front is Glasters - and then I can't remember any of it! confused

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
hahaha, welcome aboard mr/miss

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Hello Nimska.... I was the one in the beluga bar, say HI to your friend for me!!!

So weekend of the 15th then...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hi all I'm back!!

Wellfor a bit at least (iv been having a Hop break) (not much spinning done either)

The last meet was cool thanks to all for waiting for me and Jem till you moved made me feel all special and stuff.

Thanks

Erm now hear comes the apologies bit Jen I cant make it to the Liverpool meet I know this was going to be our joint birthday thing but I cant go now (other commitments )

I'm totally bummed I am going to miss all the meets I had planed to go to.

So I have a small request to ya all.
I would like to celebrate my 27 (getting old now) birthday with you guys on the meet on the 14th especially since Skully and Gail are coming up to stay and I have pestered will to get his arse over this way as well.

Unfortunately I am working over the Friday and all weekend. I am working the early shift on Fri. so I can come by after that also as luck would have it I am working the late shift on sat so if Lovely Mr Mill would put me up for Friday night then I can stay late and go to work from mill’s house.

Hope this works ok with ya all

Mill I will love you forever

And peat any chance of some birthday brownies

Ps to all who don’t know peat makes the words best brownies

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Tobi,Your back!! hug How we've missed you so ubblove
How are you minty old boy?? Wadda ya been doing? You've been gone so long! eek

Sorry to hear that you can't make The Liver meet. Gutted! frown But at least we get to see you at Manchester!! ubbrollsmile
Can't belive your 27 man, i always forget your old and decrepid ubblol I just always think your the same age as me confused

Written by: Mint Sauce

Ps to all who don’t know peat makes the words best brownies

MMmmmmmm, earthy wink I know, i know. hug
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I like it when you call me peat... I do burn well... And irishmen live in my bogs... biggrin

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nimska

Hello there wave

My flatmate met a poister at baluga bar in liverpool for the night of a thousand bill cosbys at the weekend, and he told her to send me to this thread.
She didn't get your name but said you were very friendly.

I've been doing poi for a few years on and off now but never done it as a social thing - are you guys meeting in Platts fields anytime soon? I think it's time I came out of my poi shell wavehello

yeh!! platt fields!!!
meet up there and i'll definately come. ive only ever been once to the gasworks and i felt a bit odd spinning in the middle of town. plus i live next to platt fields
is there a chance of goin there?

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
any manchester peeps wana come see my fair lady next saterday be cool if some one i know is coming?
https://www.myfairladythemusical.com/
anyhoo let me know
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
hmm ok i jus realised that as i posted las night i didnt realise that the title does chnge .. so i appologise! it is at platts field .. er ... yey!

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
i got good news! (for me anyway) one of my new housemates spins!!!!!!!! i'm so excited now i have someone to practice with who isnt like an hour and a half away!!! will drag him round all the up-coming meets
bounce ubbrollsmile bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i've just realised that i cant some to the liverpool meet frown

i've got loads of coursework and work to catch up on after having the flu frown

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
That sucks Kyle! frown don't seem to have seen you for ages!

Hanky - are you coming to Liverpool?

Tobi - if I'm reading your post right, you want the meet on Friday 14th October so you can go to wokr on Saturday?

Gayle & Skully won't be up to Northwich til 8 ish so it's too late for coming up to Manc then. We were planning on stying local in Northwich on Friday then coming up for a meet on Saturday at 4 and take the rest of the night from there....

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Ohhh... how exciting... another manchester meet on the horizon...

Can't wait!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
this is all tu8rning to pants

big soggy pants
that smell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
Thank you Peat, that's some good recruiting action hug

mmmm cookies ubbrollsmile

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
NNNNNOOOO lets keep it friday, i cant make sat frown

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
We've only ever been able to come on the friday late. Please remember that me and Lynne are trying to co-ordinate journeys from over 2 hours away from each other. We both have no leave left and i have to allow time for Lynne to get out of Wales. The best we can do is leave Bristol at 3pm, which is a struggle in itself. Lynne cannot leave any earlier and it already takes her about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get out of Wales. So, we're gonna be hitting rush hour Birmingham and we're hoping to get up to you guys in around 4 hours after I have already done a full days work.

We've tried our best and really want to come and don't want to be dissappointed. I know we are all trying to please everyone which is a nightmare.

Tobi, How do you plan on celebrating your birthday? If it's with a few drinks, a takeaway and a couple of biftas i'm sure we can find a location that suits all???

Then, we get to see the people that can only make friday and the people that can only make saturday and hopefully some overlap of the two.

hmmm, maybe a new job in international negotiations beckons ubblol

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Pffft I say bugger them all Gayle. Lets just go to Paris instead wink ubblol

I'm just joking. Like Gayle said we are short on leave and can't come any earlier. Sorry if that clashes with any plans any one has but thats just the way it is.

See as many as possible of you very soon hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
yeah i am going to liverpool - managed to get a lift from blackpool with 2 of my housemates but i still have no idea where to go or when - the liverpool thread is all over the place!!

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
isnt it just, and its even in here a litle bit lol.

If no one knows where to go you can find someone to help you im sure, ask a local where the pier thingie is, or find a tourist information place, or text/call someone and ask for directions.

Never fear, things work out in the end they usually do.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
hug Not long now until gayle and skully come to see us!! Yay!! *Counts the days* 16!! bounce ubbrollsmile bounce2
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok ok can we get somthings sorted

who can make it on fri and who can make it on sat

if not many people are comming on fri night then there is not much point in mr will comming down
(unless he manages to get sat of work (hint hint))

i am working the late on sat so caqnt make it to the park till after 9.30 and am working the early on sunday so cant stay late

this is trurning into a poo birthday do !!!!!!!!

think i may give in and not come this spinning lark is getting mighty stresfull

see yoa all at falmouth (hopefully)

Page: ......