Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
yay !you goin to BJC? me too. When you goin and how you getting there?

15th will prob start 4 ish as usual..

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

fleshbertnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
thankx Wild Child - I will definitely get my ass there!!... can't wait... need to practice... need to practice.... bounce2

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yeah me to - my arms are aching from all the spinning with my heavy fluffy poi on Snnday ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
well maby I'll get an hour or so in before getting draged off for a lary girl's night out *shudder*

I'm driving down to Bristol on Tues night bounce with the lovley Laura who couldn't make it on sunday, but she's still ace. We're staying till sunday. It's my last holidays of the year (I used them all up on festies & juggling conventions biggrin) so I'm gonna savor every last second!

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
mmm.. I am going to echo our Elaine...

Fleshbert and Osiris... Deffo come to the next meet... You can't help but think everyone is ACE! I am quite tempted to go to BJC now coz I can't do the evening of Liverpool (Got a Bday I HAVE to go to) Will have to give it some thought...

Anyways... Sending love... ubblove

Gary x ubbrollsmile

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
ah i love the manc meet topic people post alot its fun to read. Oh a few noobs, good more poiple to meet bounce. Im gonna be practacing so much from now on, I'll permamently have the art of poi in my vhs so I can figure out something other than the butterflys lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Gary I'm sensing the bug has set in now?

It was great to see some new faces, Hazel did you used to work in the cafe in afflecks? its been rolling over my head or do you just look like her? confused

Osiris I'm dissapointed you better be at the next meet, I tell ya!peace

Glad you enjoyed the meet Elaine!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
The bug has definitely set in... I've been admitted into A&E as disease control centre are worried it could be contagious wink

Just got some new Poi today sock ones and flashy ones and cobra ones... It was like Christmas!! weavesmiley

Got the 2 beat, 3 beat, sleaves, butterfly, windmill and corkscrew down now... and to think, I didn't even know their names last week! Catch ya all laterz... ubbrollsmile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yeah thanx Mill - and Kyle, did my heart and soul the world of good - am now a pretty happy Child that is Wild, and far less the Disgruntled Adult biggrin

Funny, I thought I knew Hazel from somewhere too...

Guys, if you can make it to Nottm DO IT! It's Goose Fair weekend so they're trying to sort it so we all go there on Friday night. Bit of abummer cos the Forest is where they meet for Poi but it'll be worth it I guarantee... bounce bounce2

Euonymous Europeus

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
And Gary? Do BJC!

Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im working on him wink

thatll be cool if we could go on the fri...

good to hear you enjoyed yourself elaine hug

was good meeting those i havent met b4 smile

and also jem, hope you can make many more to come!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
And he should bring Keiron!! bounce bounce2

Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
excellent idea!

gary.....oh garry..... here boi....

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Mmmmm... I'm sold already... you don't need to convince me... I just need to juggle all the other mad and crazy things so I can have a Poi escape!!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
My sympathy's....
However - after 9 years I'm so looking forward to NOT having to consider my diary other than what i want to do biggrin

And Keiron...?

Euonymous Europeus

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
He said he is definitely up for coming to a meet some time... He said that doing staff kinda interests him...

Have been reviewing my diary and (on the proviso that my mate celebrates his birthday on the Friday, which is the actual day of his bday) I am gonna come to the Nottingham Meet. So, my plan currently is fixed as:
01/10/05 - Come to the Liverpool meet during the day bounce2
08/10/05 - Off to Nottingham (I'll be going down on the Saturday though - anyone else going down on Sat?) hug
15 or 16/10/05 Manchester Meet!! clap

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Busted! Yea, Millhouse that was me working in Aflex Palace Cafe which explains why I thought you face was kinda familiar too!

I also used to work behing the bar at the Apollo & do security at the academy.... them were the days. Just a pity they'd never pay as good as a soul sucking office job!

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Ahhh, soul sucking office jobs frown

I'm going to Notts on Sat afternoon, after work... Bout 2ish i'll be setting off from home...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

hankyGOLD Member
117 posts

Posted:
man i hate readin this thread when i miss out on stuff! grrrrrr...
hey gazzabee welcome hug - sorry tis a bit late - looks like the bug hit u hard, must bee in the name (man i crack myself up sometimes!!) ubblol ubbloco

it's a mad world...and i love it!!!

Osirisnewbie
20 posts

Posted:
Written by: GazzaBee

Fleshbert and Osiris... Deffo come to the next meet... You can't help but think everyone is ACE!

I've not avoided because i'm crap, i'm not brilliant but i'm fairly ok. Just thing's keep coming up, missed one because of glade and last weekend because a friend was a complete idiot and i had to hang around all day looking after him.

aint gonna happen again frown

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Ahhh... A bit of TLC for a mate... well, that is quite a good reason to miss... Sure the next meet will be just as amazing! That'll put a big smile on ya face biggrin

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Some how i'm online??
Even tho i have a worm in my computer eating it, slowly but surely, stopping any internet connection what so ever confused and to make it even worse my mobile has been blocked and emily has filmed her last for the time being, dead as......... ubbcrying ubbcrying
So sorry if you have txt me or pm'd me and i haven't replied, you now know why!!

Gutted i have missed the last two meets, missing you all like crazy!!! Just wondering if we were thinking of cramming in as many Manc meets as poss before the crap weather rolls in for the winter?? I want to see you all ubblove hug I need to see my hopers!!
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yes. We do a lot of hoping here... I hope someones going to buy me a pony, but nyer...

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
After 5 days of endlessly searching through folder after folder and file after file, so much so i was beginning to think that my name was .dll i just found the f*cking b*stard worm!! bounce bounce2 and took great pleasure in t*ating the s*ite out of it ubbrollsmile WooHoo!! I've got access to HOP again ubblove One Happy Hippie!!!!! hug
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
eek the hippi has worms!

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
He shouldn't eat his bogies...

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
10 outta 10 for zappin that worm!! Yeah... we'll all be seeing more of Trippie!! biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oooo can I see more of Trippy too.... so Trippy when are you posting the naked pictures? biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
yeah, need naked pictures on this thread. No-where near smutty enough ubblol

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
We demand nekkidness! We won't visit unless we get some ubblol