Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Hello O Transport provider so good to hear from you, me and Kyle got you and Ro's problem sorted

10 is cool for me

I feel like bursting into song!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
MMMMMMMWAH!!! Thanx mill

This is just going to be the best weekend - I've had the shittiest 5 weeks at work, a nightmare with my bedroom, I'm knackered, peed off, fed up, miserable and just up for one long party, getting off my face and mis-behavin'.

Care to join me??

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
You so know the answer to that from me, Kyle has to be in bed at nine each night mind!

Work has been my least favorite place too of late a break in the arms of Mother nature is well what I need to de-stress.

Just hope I sort my losing stuff problem out and get a cash card, two days to gooooooo!

Tobi? Tobiiiiiiiii? Has that lad gone Deaf? Is ten Ok for you?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I'm just PMing him - I'm sure it will be.

I'm finding that life is taking with one hand and giving with the other at the minute, so comfort yourself with the thought that your recent losses will be more than compensated by a wicked weekend with some really cool people in a fabulous place and we can swim in the sea! That's got to be the best de-stresses ever!

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i hope you lot dont have a lot of stuff i semm to have tones and i havent even conciderd clothes yet????????? 10 is fine i think?????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Might pass on the sea swimming, have to learn first mind you it could be a good time to lose my Phobia.

I've a largish Pile too but I'm a good packer I thinks!

My faith in the General public has been redeemed someone found my lost cards passes and posted to my moms house

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
Well if it helps millhouse im a qualified lifeguard! lolsign
So 10 oclock at gasworks friday? 40 quid for minibus and £13.50 for each tent in total for the weekend? if ive got all that right then im sorted for the weekend too biggrin Peace out
devil J devil

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, and its my Birthday on Thursday too bounce hehe see ya on friday peeps devil J devil

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hehehe your all making me want to bounce. everyone sounds sooo excited and so am i biggrin

wildchild - ill try not to fill it too much redface

bounce2 happy bday for fri even though im sure we can all say that to ya then :P

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
i well wanna come but what with the funerals skintness and huge depression i can't make it. maybe some other time.

sword finally arrived tho

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
hug hug2

Hang in there buddy!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Sniper your a Martin and Martins always end up on top so keep smiling dude there's a lot of fun out there you just gotta let it find you.

Whats your sword.

Cheers for the Offer John, I may be tempted to jump in for a bit if I know there someone watching out for me disapearing below the waves(Had a cousin Drown when I was young so get worried when I cant reach of see the bottom)

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
millhouse you seen blade? tis a replica daywalker sword.

only the cheaper HK version for £45 inc scabbard + stand. United Cutlery/2nd Factory-X versions go for bout £85 and the original factory-x is about £130 and the official scabbard is another £45 on top of that so maybe some other day.

oh btw finally managed the btb reverse weave!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Mill, I'm at least 6" shorter than you and as weak as a kitten when it comes to swimming so never go out of my depth - so stick be me and you'll be fine!!

Mind you, a hunky lifeguard nearby wouldn't go amiss Matt smile

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited now bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

Tobi you worry me - look how much stuff you have just for asn afternoon's meet!!!! eek Are you going to be able to get to Gasworks OK?

Sniper hun - your time will come hug

Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Good point we'l find hm arriving at the gasworks dragging a trailer!

I'll try and find us some inflatable Bibs elaine there must be some some where in town!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I wanna rubber ring with a swan's neck!!! ubblol

Still not heard from Tobes so I'll txt him I think

Euonymous Europeus

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
well if i don't hear from anyone before fri morn have fun, keep it legal(ish) and don't get kyle wet or feed him after midnight.

enjoy it peeps

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I can see it now Gingremlins! Ahh First cornwall then the world!

Run!!!!!!!

He came when I shouted him last time,

Here we go, a'hem,(puts on manly voice)

TOBIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Tobi???

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
please let everyone have as much as me so i dont feel silly and everyone doesnt point and laugh at how much ive got redface

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and girls. And Kyle.

I hope you all have the greatest weekend ever! Lots of illegallity and fun things to do and see! Spinning on the beach, how cool will that be?
Martin Millhouse - Jump on in if you dont mind it being about -10 degrees!
Martin Sniper - Be cool buddy, next manc meet will be fuuun
Liquid_Bubblegum - Jen, you can never have too much stuff, just an inability to carry it!

I really do not want the GingGremlins eating up my planet, so heed Sniper's advice and be careful...

Have a great time everbody!

Pete xxxxxxxxxx hug grouphug hug xxxxxxxxxx

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well as long as we get to listen to some of my music on the way down i won't have to use the water bottle in my bag tongue

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
Your Music? Dude, this is gonna turn into a fight for shotgun and the radio seat, so im gonna stop it now, I CALL SHOTGUN!!!! nana (jk)

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
well f**k you cause i call bazooka

i win nana

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
awwww cheers flashpoint! hug

and boys............ bagsi first dibs on music!

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
thanx fash. just got back from wake am uber-fuckedup

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
just so every one knows, i'll bring an ice box, so that anything that needs to be kept cold, can be smile

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
*READ THIS*

And so that you all know, I'm takin a lil gas cooker thing, so if you want a fry up in the mornins and a nice hot brew, bring a knife, folk and mug. Also takin a gazebo (sp?) so we can stay dry *Should we need to that is!!* wink

See you all bright- no scrub that, see you all early in the morning!! bounce clap

Tobi- hope your feeling better man, keepin my fingers crossed you can make it hug

*Trippie wanders out singing, "We're off to see the wizard....."

Loads of love
Taking it easy
And drinking too much when i have an early start
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Trippie Hippie

And drinking too much when i have an early start
Trippie

hehehe yeagh me too! only cause i know i wouldnt be able to sleep otherwise! hehehe, hopefully bed time, night guys and see yas tomoz biggrin

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Just heard from kyle that ur guys bus was nicked... frown Im so sorry to hear that... people can be so damn censored inconsiderate!

I hope that u all managed to get down there ok by sum other means. If not hugs to u, and I hoped u guys have a more fun weekend than me... im stuck revising frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
BUS WAS NICKED????????? HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Page: ......