Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
It's all good and well me getting a job and now having the money to go to Falmouth, but the bloody corporate *effervereegits* (don't want to curse too badly!) wouldn't let me have bank holiday weekend off after all! *Sob*

Aaah well hope you all have a great time! Can't wait to see the pictures!

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
*chases ammie's bosses with big sharp pointy hot sticks*

kick em in the teeth sweetie

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hello my lovelies ubblove

Sorry I've been so conspicuous by my absence but been working away and internet connection decided not to work on my laptop frown MISSED YOU!

Anyway, Tobi's been a star as usual hug and got it all organised so just to confirm for def.

minibus is £375 for 4 days, wil do about 25 mpg and Fillmuff is about 350 miles each way so I'm reckoning £100 for fuel - 475 divided by 12 is £40.

I'm thinking we meet at the Gasworks at 10 on Friday morning - good parking for people being dropped off and we all know where it is.

I reckon it's gonna take us 6hrs to get down there so the earlier we go the better - how does 10 sound? Does that give everyone (Tobi?) time to get there?

Not sure how much space there'll be for luggage as well as bodies so think about what you want to bring - there'll be tents and toys, sleeping bags and bedrolls and fancy dress (?!
eek ) soo..... before you go out and order a tanker of fuel, bear that in mind!!

What we doing for food n stuff? Ro has a nifty liddle gas burner for tea, but i reckon we hit a supermarket when we're down there, same for beer n booze - OK with that?

Can we do the same with fuel? Tobi, you know ppl who know Fillmuff better'n us - can you check with them?

I'm soooooooooooooo looking forward to this guys - it's gonna be a blast from start to finish biggrin

15 more sleeps bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah wildchild, sounds cool, was also think that we should maybe get fuel on the way? is that a good idea or not? if not will get loads b4 hand.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
See what the rest say - I'd rather not take loads down in the mini-bus - just in case! eek

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i'm gonna buy some this weekend, so i'll have about 7 or so litres, cause i have some left from the last meet, so if everyone brought a similar ish amount, then there may be enough

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Kyle hun you've missed the point - the idea is to travel with as little as possible for as far as possible and find somewhere to get the stuff in/near Falmouth smile

Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
thats cool, cause ant find anywhere round here that i can get some.

was thinking b4, we dont need to book at the campsite or anything do we? cause it is easter w/end....
EDITED_BY: liquid_bubblegum (1110652136)

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
No we dont smile I cant wait for this im going to have a lil sign otuside my tent saying PyroWill's corner I think smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hehehehe sounds good, can we all have one? :P

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Try your local friendly neighbourhood garage... A supermarket garage on the way might have a bit... I got 4l for about 2.99 in Manc, but I had to go a little way out, and I thing the guy made a mistake. In Sainsbury's Garage by me they do 4l for 3.79...

My 2c... but it is home heating fuel. Look in the gardening section for paraffin heaters in B&Q, they sell parasene, a brand name.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
Does the campsite cost anything when we actually get down there? some places ive been dont tell you about costs then when you get there they slap a charge per tent on at the door
devil J devil

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
check the other thread hell boy, i forgotten but i think camping is 4.50 or 3.50, payable when we get there and i think its per person or per tent, who knows

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Hell_Boynewbie
14 posts

Posted:
cheers, oh btw, yeah im John lol,
devil J devil

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Yeah its four fithty a tent per night

Anyone up for a spin this weekend? A FAlmouth warm up?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i'll come, i need a good spin and certain other things... tongue

saturday or sunday?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i might be able to come sat night... working this w/end but would like some more practice

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
spin sounds good. coud do with catching up with folks

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i'm thinking towards saturday , plus i'm in town on sat anyways smile

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
sat would be useful. workage monday morning hehe

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
*pokes the Mint flavoured Sauce*

would you be able to put it in the first post that theres a mini meet type thing on this sat?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hay all Skrible (Terri) sent me this PM so she cant go any more frown so we have an open seat.

Written by: Skrible

i hate to do this but i really cant help it. my fellas run out of cash and we kind of share it so i need my cash and i dont think i can make it to falmouth! i wish i dint have to and i am really sorry. so pwweeeeeeeeeeees! forgive me ! but i will def be at thwe nxt man meet! dont be mad pweeees! hug

terri

so if you know of any one let me know. biggrin

juggleps lets start to get the post falmouth meets up and going the frodo et all meet and stuff juggle

GETTING THE BUS!!

1. Wild Child (Elaine biggrin)

2. Cantus (we will just call you Cantus Mr.J biggrin)

3. Mint Sauce (Tobi)

4. Trippie Hippie (Roman)

5. House_of_Mill (Martin)

6. liquid_bubblegum (Jenna or Jen)

7. Havokist (Kyle)

8. Midian (Carly)

9. John.

10. Helen.

11.Skinny.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

teejay_bluemikes bitch
387 posts

Posted:
i have the biggest black eyes in the world. i managed to knock myself out in my laundry room on weds nite [slipped over n smashed my face in to a concrete wall] oh well its all fun n games!
i scared a small child today i mean, he actually hid behind his mother. all i did was look at him!! not even scarily!!

anyways... mill house i dont have ur number anymore can u pm it to me!

jen text me wen ur next in manc babes xx

wen is frodo comin up? is it the 28th? someone let me know xxx

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music - angela monet.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah ill be there on the 19th for a spin b4 i go to paris for a spin.....yay
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
You can finally get your Belt back Mike, its been sat in my bag for ages, Jenna your a disgrace but you can well fill the gap the bus Pwease? Two black eyes, are Panda's allowed on the Beach and on campsites.

Kyle sorry if I made no sense on Sat, all; those kids made me scared.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Cannae do Sat, its my mates bidet.

I vote for Post Falmouth on the 10th April for a big meet?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Ok so the 19th it is, THIS SATURDAY but what time four is a bit late like we normally do how about 2ish?

*GingerAmy*member
31 posts

Posted:
Ooooh let me know what time coz i'm in work at 4 but i'll try and get down before i go to work for a bit of a spin! biggrin

~*~Awesome, oh wow! Like, †o†ally freak me ou†! I mean, righ† on! Amy sure is number one! ~*~

SniperBRONZE Member
663 posts

Posted:
prolly won't make the mini manc meet just found out my grandad died last night sorry

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hug

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Page: ......