Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Sorry I've been missing guys - naughty really as all the people I'm giving a lift to can't get in touch cos I've had my mobi nickedc spank mad2

Cantus, Ro and Project I'll PM you my other mobi number so hope you check thid tonight!

I'll aim to be in Picc Gdns about 4 so see y'all then hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeyye

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mint Sauce

yeyye

hughughughughughugvhughugvhughughughughughug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i think im going straight to the gasworks so ill see you guys there biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
I'll definetly be joining you at either the gasworks or castlefield dependingmon where u end up. It might not be till after dark tho!

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Doh!! srry to hear that E....only read my pms now and your alrdy there :-( ..

Well Guess it gives me more time to finish off the Colour lamp oils....

Ruff idea on prise's are £7.23 for a 250ml bottle and £12.99 for 500ml bottle but ill give u all a def prise list on my nexted post...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Lots of fun was had today I thought. And some great injuries biggrin

Meh

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
Was alot of fun indeed! hello everyone that i met today ubbrollsmile lookin forward to seein pics taken. post a link ! biggrin the fire pit is amazing seye devil Iv changed my screeen name back as well rolleyes So thanxs everyone, its bin a good nyt and i look forward to seein more of yall! wave nyt nyt meditate

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
What a lovley meet, thanks too everyone who turned up and made it great kiss

Can we make the next one at castlefield? Would be good too see it some time before the good weather gets here and we move too plattfields park

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SchitzSILVER Member
18 posts

Posted:
Great meet ..

Everyone really nice ...saw a few familiar faces and met some new ones. Havent a clue who you all are on here though..never thought to ask ..durrrr

Was so grateful for the amazing fire pit..toasty warm Mmmm biggrin

A big Ellooo and thanks to everyone I talked too and learnt a few new moves off ...

Til the next time....

Poivert

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
t'was great to see you and meet your friend Sarah (even though i didn't really speak to her). lok forward to seeing you again Jaki hug

was a fun meet, even though i stil reek of wood smoke from the fire pit, despite spending ages scrubbing myself in the shower this morning confused

thanks for all the copliments on my monkey fist knots, really appretiated, gonna try to build some bigger, heavier ones whilst at fal biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

its was a lovly met up on sunday, happy to see everyo
ne there i know. it took abit of time sum the guys but found them in the end.

the fire pit was so cool, lets hope the weather will be gettin warm.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Never before have a been to a more-accident prone meet!

Lo being smacked in the face by some wayward poi

Munky whacking himself in the eye with some Monkey-fists (I'm sure the irony isn't lost on anyone) - Was fortunate that we had medics on hand to keep the damage minimal (thumbs up to Lou and Tobi)

And Tobi singeing his hair whilst being dangled/straddling Pete over the firepit

And me setting my cardigan (yes, cardigan...) on fire.

Overall t'was a good meet (now if only we could get the poles to stop turning and keep winter in the winter months that would be a godsend)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Dave it was actually a wayward meteor that struck Lo (a very heavy one at that, belonging to Tobi)

but yes was a fun meet, destipte getting shouted at by my mum when i got home from work today for stinking the whole house out with the smoke on my clothes eek ubblol

and that girl you guys left me on the bus with freaked me out slightly, she was deffinatly on some form of narcotic (or has some hyperactivity issues). the clincher was when she laughed with shock and supprise (yes she started laughing) when i told her about me havin a nail in my right leg and that being the reason i couldnt go to her boyfriends gig at the end of the month (i go in to have it removed the next day) she just creeped me out confused

Owner of Clarence_Quack

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
[Old link]
check this out!!!!!JEDI

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
lol well steaks lo actually got hit by a stray meteor that tobi was aiming at pete ubblol (who i might add was more than happy for tobi to throw it at him)

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Heaven knows why... ubbloco tongue

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
OK, this is really short noticed but two of ours guys dropped out at the last minute and now we have two places in a car to fill for Falmouth from Liverpool (could spin by Manchester)!

If you are interested in coming and wouldn't mind sharing the petrol contact me ASAP on 07709114926.
EDITED_BY: Alien_Concept (1144853541)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
wow sounds like you guys have been having some fun meets! i cant wait to stop working and get back up to the manchester meets, to catch up with everyone!!
Sounds like the lst one was a little eventfull for you steaks! hahaha
Well hope all are great,and ill catch up with you all soon! take it easy!
xxx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Everyone text lowan and wish him a happy birthday lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Fictishious SMS "Happy Birthday Lowan!"

Anyway Back to the business of the moment BJC

When are we going guys and what time? I've had a Dave on his way back from Falmouth saying he hasnt a clue when were meeting, and to be honest I dont know either Argh!!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
20/02/06 01:11 PM

Just to be sure everyone's updated:

We've got a quote for the lovebus of £350 which will work out about £30 a peice plus petrol money. We'll pick people up from the gassworks about 2pm on Weds 19th April & drop you back off there when we get back on Monday 24th. There's just too many people to do individual pick-up's. We've still got plans to swing by the eden project on the way back on monday too.

So far I've got 12 people interested which is our max capacity. So if you've recieved this PM & are not coming, let me know asap cause there's others who could take your place.

We'll need a deposit to book & I'll let you know when I know how much that'll be, hopefully you can get that to us at the next meet?

Hopefully that all made sense. I'm running on empty today! Please PM me with questions, I don't get to read HOP much but I always get my e-mails.

Yea! Road Trip!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Cheers Tobi

Dave read this!!!!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bounce falmouth was great, cant wait for bjc now ubbangel

see you guys wednesday smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey guys, for all who are going bjc tommz, i hopefully should be meeting dave at 1pm at the grandcentral pub next to oxford rd train station if anyone else wants to join us smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys dont know if anyone on but Tobi's in town already(Only 3 hour early) So going to nip off to meet him.

Was speaking to Dave and he doesnt think he'l make it for one so we'l see him at the gasworks for two!
bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Can you all stop in Bristol on the way so i can hug all the people who didn't make it to Falmouth??

Elaine, Ro, Mill, Tobi you were all severely missed.

Gayle.....!

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

Everyone text lowan and wish him a happy birthday lol

Wow! Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I was hoping I could fire spin as the clock strike 1200 but someone borrowed my chains and when I looked down at my watch, it was 0005! frown Still got to fire spin as the first thing I did on my birthday! weavesmiley

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

when is the next met up for next month. hope itis soon.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
The next meet hasn't been discussed yet becuse a number of us went down to cornwal for Fal 5 last weekend, and others are curently in Bodmin for the BJC which ends on Monday. I guess discussions will begin sometime next week as to when the next meet will be.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Page: ......