Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
humm lets wait till it at least stops snowing

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Nah - spoils the fun!

Well, with Falmouth being Easter weekend and BJC the weekend after I reckon we should do either 9th April or 30th but if not many people are going to Falmouth or going away, maybe we could have an Easter Sunday meet and get totally trolleyed cos no work in the morning biggrin

Lou - you're link didn't work for me frown

Steaks - GREAT! I'll PM you biggrin

Ro - eek how long! hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i dont mind the snow, but the wind, hate the wind.

ok elaine.
Lou got her link wrong as well, try this one: https://gremlinlou.livejournal.com/

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
okay, so i could have moved more, but i did move, dave kept on chasing me. its as much as my poor sore muscles could take. okay, i admit it, im a bit of a lazy bum, but at least i did move just a bit, it could have been worse

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
i didnt go to the meet up on sun beca its was too cold, and its was snowy. hope to make it to the next one in april when the date is set up.

plz arrange the next day.

missing playing with my fire staff tail poi.

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tony830

seye that fire pit is going to be sooo good. how do you intend on getting it there though?

I have a car with a nice big boot - Supposedly it should cool down quite quickly as its copper (rather than steel or iron). It also has a mesh cover so no-one can complain about flying embers biggrin Perfect for the summer methinks.

It will also be taking pride of place in my garden next to the bbq for all upcoming summer shinanigans

Non-Https Image Link

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I didnt notice the cold at the meet not at all, things did notice were

A Tobi Juggling

A Dave doing Doubles

And a Mill becoming saddle sore!

A meet on Falmouth week end would work very well saves us all being jelous of not being there singularly!

Nice to have you back Ro!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: house_of_mill

I didnt notice the cold at the meet not at all, things did notice were

A Dave doing Doubles

Very badly I might add...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Oh the modesty! it was very nice to watch hun clap

More strange than A Tobi Juggling (at last - woo hoo!) was A Tobi being a fire-whore ubblol devilubblol Once you start you can't stop, huh Tobes?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

Seye:: It also has a mesh cover so no-one can complain about flying embers Perfect for the summer methinks biggrin

Can we cook meat on it? ubbidea Mmmm summer Bar-B-Q

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Wild Child

More strange than A Tobi Juggling (at last - woo hoo!)

eek At bloody last!!! clap tongue ubblol hug
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Ro Mate why arent you on the Bjc list?

You should be, you got me juggling, now its my turn to get you Uni-ing!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
hey peeps.. srry i didnt make it to the meet...

Long night drinking with my brother inlaw and sis....

they just found out that shes up the duff :S and am going to be an unckle YARRRR! So i had the mother of all hang overs on sunday ... Cold is for wimps embrase the cold and ye shall be warm for ever!

Well i promise!! ill come to the nexted meet...
Am srry for letting u know at stuch short notice Elaine
:-(.. but if u want or have time i could come over 1 night and we can have a spin or somthing.... well u got my mob number give me a call

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Wild Child

Well, with Falmouth being Easter weekend and BJC the weekend after I reckon we should do either 9th April or 30th but if not many people are going to Falmouth or going away, maybe we could have an Easter Sunday meet and get totally trolleyed cos no work in the morning biggrin

9th of April sounds like a plan to me (befor fal and BJC chance to organize stuff)

pops of to change the first post

I suggest we meet at pic and gas works as usual but then move on to castle field quite soon as it seemed an excellent spot smile
EDITED_BY: Mint Sauce (1142814048)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%20Manchester%20poi&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=iw

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=+Manchester+spinners&btnG=Search&meta=

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=fp-...&meta=vc%3D

yey we ate on google and yahoo smile

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Right dont laugh.. but ive only been to manchester and handful of times.. but... where is the picadilly gardens? I cant remember :S. I'm most likely gonna turn up to the next manchester meet but you better be nice to me.

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
bump

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
9th April works, but need to know at least a week in advance so I can either finish work early, due to now working at Manchester Pizza Hut, or book the day off smile

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
well its my birthday on the 28th of march im haveing a party in sheffield this sunday if anyone can make it down i have my own rock bar for use there will be all 3 star wars film showing in the background and many old computer system with old BUT cool games oh and a hole bar laden with sprits and pumps if you wana check it out:
www.fubar-snafu.com
would be lovly if anyone can make it down myve one person drives and a group can come well let me know because it would mean alot to have some poi'ish peep there!
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Is Monster Monster on this weekend? anyone know?
Mike, not sue i can mankeit over to sheffield, sorry dude. have a good weekend though, and Happy birthday

Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yes Steaks. Monster is on this Saturday

Theme is 'Fear and Loathing in Las Monstas'

Fancy dress optional...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
which niteclub is monster monster in over this weekend.

i'll be at the next met up, hopeful it will be alot warmer. lets hope there is no snow this time.

firelight

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If you're up for it just go how you want...

https://www.monster-monster.co.uk

Monster Monster

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tony830

you coem from newcastle philtre? hehe yeha i go to turbulance and i LOVE it. biggrin do you go? i missed the one with dillinja and lemon D, they had the valve soudn system too. :'(

tone xxx

well aye, ive been a semi regular since the rider played in may 1999. I'm from Darlo mate, Toon was the only good place to go out.

I Went to Valve. ubblocoNer ner ner ner ner!ubbloco Took Devilstar.....She loved it!

beerchug

I lost.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Are we fixing for 9th April chaps? purlease?

Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
With lack of a better date or more decisiveness

I vote yay to 9th April

Oh yeah Elaine I need to get off my fat arse and send you those pictures with you playing with Tobi's Aerotechs.

And his alternating glowpoi...

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Dawn Monster Monster is in Joshua Brooks, the pub on the corner a lil further down from 5th ave. smile

I still have pics from the last meet to sort through and email to people, if i can remember who they are of.

9th sounds good, i also hear scrible has the night off work, so if that isn't a good enough reason to make it, i don't know what is biggrin

Owner of Clarence_Quack

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
aww steaks thanx hun hug
and yes it is true im will be there, i have a night off wow

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
9th sounds good, will try to make it smile, will also try to practice before then...but with my track record I bet I wont even pick up my poi till the 9th lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Yer 4 the 9th! It's the only weekend of april that i'm this end of the country! Gutted I missed the last one, but i was otherwise engaged with being dead. Missed corde laise too *snif*

All worth it though, Me & sam got us a sweet little juggly house in bolton accross the road from queens park which even has a climbing frame biggrin

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Page: ......