Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Should definetly be able to make it, i'll be working til about five then i'll head down to wherever everyone is. Steaks, if you just give me a text as per usual?

I'll see if I can get some Pizza out of work. If not, i've got a 50% discount, so if anyone wants to chip on getting some pizza give me a text before I finish.

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
is this on the 3rd or the 4th now? *puzzled Ree face*

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
oooh...and we should have a MINI MEET this weekend again, as Sams going away and i'll be looooonely :-(

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
no mini meet saturday night ree, monster monster

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
its on the 4th ree!
im sooo excited apart from family stuff its like my only bday thing! im so happy all you guys are coming!hug

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
wicked!
and monster says liz?whats the theme for this one? i'm so there and grooving :-)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The theme this Week is Cult Kids TV...

Click Here For Details

Unfortunately I won't be coming as I have prior commitments... Grrr!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
yeah saturday nights out, im in N,N,N,N,N,Newcastle!!!!

I lost.

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying...I have to waste money elsewhere...could go to monster if i manage to crawl away from my work.;)

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

Flagsnewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Heya,
Im a flagger who really wants to get into poi, do you think id be able to come along to one of your meets sometime and bring my flags and maybe get some help with poi??
i cant make the 4th as im away but anytime after that would be really cool. if anyone fancies meeting in the week as uni is finishing now that would be wicked! let me know wot u think.... Rob x

Flagging is showing you what im hearing!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Flagger, we are a very friendly bunch and always welcome new faces. We have people doing a range of stuff at meets from poi and staff to juggling, contact jugling, diablo etc. etc.

Just keep an eye on this thread and the south manchester mini-meet thread for dates, times and locations of meets smile

And Ree, I can meet up with you this weekend if you wanna hang out for a while, just call or text me wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Ree - I cant do a mini meet either as I'll be in a field down south biggrin

Flagger - There's a couple of us who play with flags as well (mine need fixing at the moment though frown ). As steaks said - keep your eyes on this topic and the manchester mini meet topic and come whenever you can.

I'm up for the 4th (I think) I should have my aerotech balls today and I'll have worked out how to make them into poi by the end of the weekend biggrin

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Welcome to hop flagger! Come down and show us what you can do anytime, as long as you show us what you can do with flags because everybody secretly adores flags even if they dont actually say it ubbrollsmile

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
I don't adore flags ubblol im a zealous staffer...memo...bury me with my staff when i croak itlolsign

Flagsnewbie
15 posts

Posted:
lol ,i'll show you flags if you guys and gals show me poi and staff. will def be meeting with you guys soon.

only probs is that flags dont fly too well its windy, altho making some heavier ones now. x

Flagging is showing you what im hearing!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Remember Flags are useful for invading countries... biggrin

British Colonials: We claim this land for the British Empire
Foreigners: You can't do that, we live here 1000s of us!
BC: Do you have a flag.....?
F:??????
BC: NO FLAG NO COUNTRY! Those are rules I just made up!
And I'm backing it up with this gun. Which was lent by the National Rifle Association...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Dave, thats brilliant.
Reminds me of watching Billy Conelly in Austraila on TV the other day saying we have never had a war with a country who we haven't supplied weapons to first. "yeah we sell them the weapons, then we fight them, then we win, those are the rules, thats who pollotics works" ubblol

Owner of Clarence_Quack

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

Ree - I cant do a mini meet either as I'll be in a field down south biggrin

Yes! Its going to be good! biggrin Check you PM for my contacts.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
take me to a field!!!!!

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
And do WHAT exactly Ree? umm

Oh and Dave, you make me giggle. I ubblove you... biggrin

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I think That hug should go to Eddie Izzard...

Just waited to see who else got it....

I'm no fun... redface frown

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
People still haven't decided if we are meting at Piccadily then Gasworks or Gasworks then Castlefield?

Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sixth

I don't adore flags ubblol im a zealous staffer...memo...bury me with my staff when i croak itlolsign

Get a flag staff then Lad, your'l think your staffs become fat!

Look at this guys www.speedstacks.com My new temperary employer

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Mill, that is the most random 'sport' I think i have ever seen ubblol

Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Omg....flag staffs....thats the most amazing idea ive ever heard...someone do it!!

[censored] yeah, ok well since we have been meaning to do castlefield but never managed it, I saw we all meet up in castlefield FIRST! So we deffinatly get there

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Joe the idea behind meeting at the Gasworks first was for the benefit of the people that aren't sure how to get to Castlefield arena, and it isnt as far to walk from the Gasworks as it would be from Piccadily Gardens

Owner of Clarence_Quack

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
why dont we take a vote for which is easiest for everyone? i vote to start at gasworks biggrin

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

Omg....flag staffs....thats the most amazing idea ive ever heard...someone do it!!

would do...but theres too much resistance even if i did make one with tails like tail poi, the tails would get tangled pretty quickly....shrug....

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
Pete -dance like monkeys!its what field were made for!
Dave -i got the izzard reference!can i have a prize?
steaks and skrible -i've no idea where castelfield is, starting at gasworks good!
Sixth- I've seen flag staff...maybe its a positioning issue when you've tried?we should put our minds to it....

*mwah to all*

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
gurrr you people.

flag staffs have been around for ages they look very pretty so do staff with tails
they do change the way you spin but they also improve your tecnique as it slows everthing down smile

sod it lets just stay at gass works, ok castlefied is a more attractive spot but gasworks has rain cover grass and places to sit plus everyone knows where it is

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)