Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!BRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
i should be coming to the meet later on, think i spend the afternoon in beer gardens! cool

i got some more glowsticks if anyone wanna try em. They real bright so dont have to wait for the sun to set all the way.

See you all soon!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I may not be coming either

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yay catt, I have been getting her mixed up with another girl at the meets called lucy, im convinced that the two look exremly alike but gazzabee wherever he has flown off too, wasnt at all convinced by my ramblings lol.

@ poi shop + dave: Yes flags! BIG ass flags that swoosh and flap and float around you ubblove

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
how come will?

just realised im working tommz, so im either gonna try and get it off, or i wont be at the meet till 6ish.

tobi of course you can borrow my triples

toni of course you can play with my balls wink ubblol

gazza where art thou?

anyone know what happenin with the fal vid? also whos coming play? i wanna have an idea about transport...

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Go on Jen! Enlighten us...

Boo! @ Pyrowill

I'm thinking I might pop down about 16:30 as I wanna go see a film called 'Brick' at the Cornerhouse which starts at 13:55 as is 110mins long.

I'll just walk down after its finished. If you're still at Gasworks then ok, if you've already gone to Castlefield I'll follow shortly.

I'm going on my own but if anyone else wants to join me, feel free...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
hey yall!! lookin 4 ward to seein evryone tomoro!! im bringing my new staff along. new toys biggrin ive hadit 2 weeks and not yet burnt it!! anyone no wer can i get some fuel from in fallowfield?, im running low confused .

just to clarify... Where we meeting up?? biggrin

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
frown we used two bottles of parafin yesterday....and i was a lazy hedgehog to not go out and buy somemore shrug

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Most garages Sell parafin, I'm sure the one in between Withington anf Fallowfield or the one just past Rusholme should sell it and are likely to be open tomorrow, beyond that I have no idea, sorry.

As for meeting point we are meeting at the Gasworks for 3pm (or that seems to be the consensus the Dave started) because it is not as far to walk from there to Castlefield as it would be from Piccadilly Gardens.

And no Willy, shame, it isnt due to the speaading ticket thing is it?

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Does anyone else feel like a complete terrorist getting on trains with a big bag smelling of parrafin and a tub of highly flamable liquid in it? lol

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
memo to self...burn off excess liquid before staff storage in room...:(

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
iv just finished work i havent got much stuff with me and i cant stay late frown

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hi guys wow soo much has changed on here since i last came on a few mnths ago... i think it has even changed colour how is everyone... those of you who know me hiiiiii those of you tht dont hiiiiiii lol

loves you all. i think im gunna start coming to the spins again bt i need some new poi lol but yeh missed ya all xxxx

thanks for burning with me

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
yaay! We have all missed you, and your fire breathing-buzz saws! Thanks again mint for teaching me the three beat weave lol, 10 months and ive only jsut learned it

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Hey guys - apologies for my quick dissapearance but i'd had a [censored] day at work and really wasn't in the mood, I just wanted to get back home (boy, did I regret that when I got in), so I didn't stay.

Presumably Steaks managed to get back without collapsing? :P

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
yeah steaks got back ok, followed by myself and seye goin on a massive detour trip around manchester lol!! ubbloco I even saw old trafford! it was another great meet, a little more sun would hav bin nice but it is manchester frown it was cool down at gasworks but was there another mini group at castlefield? im not sure quite what happend... i missed the buzz saw fire breath, sounds asome tho! was a great meet, hopefully get a sunny one soon!! ubbrollsmile

4 8 15 16 23 42

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
what i missed the meet great now i have to wait a month for the next one

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

philtreSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
ballsacks!

Forgot about the meet!

Dave: If you wanna get ur staffs back gis a call, I can meet you whenever.

I'll have to keep my eyes on this forum more often.
I'm blaming Hazel.

ubbcrying

I lost.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Mike there was talk of trying to make them a bit more often, as summer is dawning and festivals are just around the corner smile

Lou, i got back just fine, thanks for the concern though hug

Lee, you have been missed, looking forward to seeing you about again smile hug

Chris, there was no fire breathing buzz saw yesterday, but that is Lee's party piece, fire breathing whilst spinning a buss saw with fire poi. Looks spectactular smile Was great to see your girl spinning fire for the first time as well biggrin

Thanks to everyone for looking after me when I couldn't do much, found out today I'm gonna be on crutches for about another 2-3 weeks frown

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Well, at leastyou'll be off them by the time the next meet comes around.

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
yes next time im there it will have to be a specialty for you all lol found out for luarelle tht i missed it last night sorry guys but i will be there nxt month i promise and i might be bringing a friend too....

if any of you go in to churchills you might have seen him around but hey il introduce you next time im there

nice to know ive been missed love ya all xxxxxxx

thanks for burning with me

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

Thanks to everyone for looking after me when I couldn't do much, found out today I'm gonna be on crutches for about another 2-3 weeks frown

I feel even more guilty now frown

Sorry for throwing the stick at your leg dude. One second it was on my arm, the next it was being magnetically drawn to your shin.

Lee, Havent seen you since that first spin just off canal street!

Everyone - I think we should have the meets every fortnight now as its getting warmer. I'd suggest leaving it 3 weeks now as I think myself, lowan and a small crew may be going to kent on the 27th (nudge nudge, wink wink wink ). I'm open to suggestion though smile

Also - I've mentioned a couple of things to a few of you about my plans for the summer but I'm going to start putting some of it into action over the next few weeks. For starters I'm going to PLI sorted. I'm also going to do a first aid course and attempt to get some work doing workshops and spinning at various events over the summer. If anyone would like to to help out or be a guinea pig for me (all you have to do is eat lettuce and squeak wink ) could you drop me a message via the usual channels or through my site https://www.your-world.co.uk
- thanks.

smile

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
sounds cool im intrested

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
 Written by: skrible

hey guys
looks like i wont be able to make it again frown
but its my birthday june 3rd so i was thinking of a having a small meet in celebration i have already asked tobi and steaks any one else wanna come?

i sugest the next meet be for Skribles Bday on 3rd of june

more details to come

stakemember
29 posts

Posted:
Awwwww nobody mentioned me. If anybody has forgotten me by now im the one (Named Stuart) that was just passing by and liked what you were all doing so I decided to have a go. I have yet to pursuade my dad to let me get a staff *shakes fist menacingly*

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
if we make the next meet on the 3rd, it can be a mini bday even for me too!! (my bday is the 4th!!) yay nearly 20!!!

id be more than happy to work aside you SEYE in your workshops or performances or whatever, as ive said before, i would love to get into doing paid performances. how much was your liability insurance and hows you go about getting it?? gotta spend money to make money hey tho and betta safe than sorry!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Will 3rd June be a Sunday? I can't light up on Fridays and Saturdays 'cos of the whole religion thing frown

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Can you still spin staff when its unlit Lou?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

Everyone - I think we should have the meets every fortnight now as its getting warmer. I'd suggest leaving it 3 weeks now as I think myself, lowan and a small crew may be going to kent on the 27th (nudge nudge, wink wink wink ). I'm open to suggestion though smile

Its on the 27th? Oh crap! I have told my friend to get a day off work this weekend! Plus I am not sure if I am working then. Could you give me any details you have on the event?

Anyway, it was a good meet on Sunday! The turnout was average but plenty of new faces! Well cool to see so many people wanting to get into the art. biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
3rd of June would be fantastic since its a saturday, sunday meets are allways a bitch for trains and busses.

Lou do you spin poi o just staff? Because you could use LED poi as a weekend replacment to fire smile

(see LED's better! lol)

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
i dont know much about religion, what dues it say about fire on fris and sats?

4 8 15 16 23 42