Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: liquid_bubblegum

Written by: Neon Shaolin

Tone, get the glowsticks from ASDA - 98p each.

See you at Monster tomorrow...!

eek oi! stop giving last min notice!

Erm, Jen I told you a few times at Falmouth, BJC and the other night in Bolton. Plus a few occasions I've told you it's 'The last Sat of every month'

I'd hardly call that 'Last Minute Notice'... rolleyes

Sam will probably be going from Bolton so best speak to him about going together...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ah ok smile ill see who i can get in contact with, would love to go but not on my own ubbangel

btw i got the link to my pics now biggrin

clicky

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Great Pic's Jenna Bov'l be happy his ones of me and Tobi turned out!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm if Elaine isn't driving (and if she's not going then i'm guessing she's not driving either) then I can't afford to get to manchester.

Being as falmouth cost me all of my money plus a good portion of someone else's - which i now have to pay back - so unless someone can think of a money-free means of transport then i aint coming
ubbcrying

Meh

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
what happend to all the chit chat hu hu !!

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Well Just abit of News update of the colour flames...

Hit a problem on the Posting part as When i got a Prise to Send recorded delivery they wanted £20 for every 400 grames :S F*** that i said tongue

BUT!!! now found a better Posty service So Once i have sorted it We should be in busness....

Ill Post a Full list of the Colours And Prise + Recorded Delivery Cost's But once again Am not Makin Any money from this As Am doin it for the Love of Poi and Want to C people have Fun with Coloured Flames tongue

Could everyone that is interested in more info on the Colour Lamp oil flame Fules Plz Email me @

Miney72@hotmail.com Plz
OR
RedDragonDance@uk2.net

Or Pm me here at Home of poi Forum tongue thank u plz

P.s Soon as i can Find Where the hell the gasworks is ill come show u the Flames also tongue i been havin muchO Fun with it tongue

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
PROJECT, you should bring samples of your diffent colours to the meet on the 14th. show them off to all us fire spinners, and im prett damb sure you will be given orders to get fuel to sell at the next meet. that way you can save on the pnp and even make a tiny profet!! i would love to see how they look, and hell, id probply be very interested to buy some off ya myself!!

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
project - gasworks is on whitworth street west, right under the railway lines, opposite the hacienda apartments.

tschus

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
*ahem* [Old link]

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

have u all mind up ur minds what day you are hollding the next fire poi mmet up because the date hasnt change,

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok ok so im a bit slow

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Good question firelight, have we?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Would anyone else be in agreement (weather permitting) that we take the meet to Castlefield? As lovely as it was in the snow it'd be great for the warmer weather...

It's nearer than Platt Fields anyway...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yes, im itching to see castlefield lets do that.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Fowl_in_Marinade

Would anyone else be in agreement (weather permitting) that we take the meet to Castlefield? As lovely as it was in the snow it'd be great for the warmer weather...

It's nearer than Platt Fields anyway...

Iwas going to say that

may be we could put signs up at the gass works telling late commers where we have all gone biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Or we could leave a trail of parafin and leave a sign saying 'Light This...' biggrin

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
i am still alive (for all those that may have been wondering).

My op went well, and i am slowly becoming more mobile. i should be able to make the meet on the 14th but am likely to still be on crutches, so may try to blag a lift from Seye wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Awww, Seye's your own personal nurse.... ubblol

So what do you say on the Castlefield front?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Thats cool steaks. I can take you to the next meet.

Good to hear you are ok dude.

Can do Castlefield. Not particularly sure where everyone means but I'm sure I can work it out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If you go to the 'Industrial Hall' of the Museum of Science and Industry then walk towards the Railway line it's the big flagged area next to the canal with a covered ampitheatre type set up....

Beautiful....

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Might I suggest if its to be castlefield to not meet down at the bottom on the flags but at the top on the grass? Its a little bit more squishy on the ass!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Would it also be easier to have the initial 3pm meet somewhere other than Picadilly if that will be our main base? Saves on the walking when people have gathered.

I know this little place called The Gasworks that's not too far. Anyone heard of it? biggrin

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
if people are driving direct to castlefield, they should just try to find the museum of science and industry and park at the bottom of liverpool street, then you jsut walk down the steps at the side of the resteraunt opposite the museum.

Seye thanks for that, i'll call you over the weekend to discuss it wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
right so its decided by mint dave and everyone else thus far, castlefield (woo).

Initial meeting at the gassworks at 3'oclock then onto castlefield once we have all gatherd? That sound ok?

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Hmm... can maybe make it, I wish they'd tell me when I'm working more than about 4 days in advance..

Way too far to go after work, I'd be knackered.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hello Triskaidia... welcome to the Manc area of HOP.

What time you working till and what time would you get here if you could make it? Because for all you know the party might've just started as you get there!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I should hopefully be there! with edwina in tow

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Whos edwina? Girlfriend? Bitch? Hoe? Pimp? lol

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It Ed. You muppet!!!

Although pimp is a possibility
ubblol

Meh

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

ok where is every meet up at cafe nero outside piccardlly gardens or the gasworks,

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Page: ......