Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm assuming its about lighting the Menorah candles but I dunno the specifics...

How are we anyway Chris?

Thanks for letting me have a go of your contact ball...

It was lovely...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
no not the contact ball! the runaway Ribena!

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
the 3rd of june is the last day im in manchester so it would be awesome if there was a meet that day.

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!BRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
meet on 3rd sounds cool to me. finishing exams on 26th so can celebrate with a night of spinning!

Seye im up for spinnig at events and helping in workshops too ubbrollsmile

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
aww nut you going back home? ubbcrying well I'm gonna go too since I need to finish learning off Seye biggrin

I'm in
EDITED_BY: Sixth (1147810711)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I am up for the 3rd.

The runnaway Ribena berry was my Stage ball, Chris had the acrylic.

The whole religion thing with Lou is it is their Sabath on friday/Saturday so she doesn't actually do much besides religious things, so she can't actually come out to play at all frown

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Nope, only religious things. Its a fairly big Thou Shalt Not light fire or do any work, so spinning in general isn't allowed as its classed as work. Attending when I can't spin is detrimental to the spirit of Shabbat, so thats out too, as i'd just be jealos of Non-Jews....

*Poke* Please make it a Sunday.......

I shouldn't really use LED things even, because thats using electricity.

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
do it on the 3rd! soon i might actually start making it to these things rather than letting Sam distract me with motorbikes and innuendo...

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
welcome to the foldwelcome

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
or the 4th even so the missy above can spin...which is the date i meant to type...bah...my typing is going all wrong today...

how are you all anyway?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
We're fine Ree! I'd be good to see you again, though next time I see you I expect to have nails protruding from at least 3 orifaces...

You're complaining to the wrong person about innuendo...

How are we? Sam as well... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
erm....yeah... sorry aboutt he no show on sunday fokes, all i can say is that i was a little worse for wear!!! wasnt a happy day i tell you that much!!!

Hope everyone had fun, am sad i didnt get to see people though! hopfully get to the next one!!!

Take care xx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
hehe...sams good...in fact hes bloody ace! *is loved up to the eyeballs*

Will aim to get nails sticking outta my face pinhead stylee before our next meeting...i taught loadsa bikers how to do it last weekend...and showed my boobies to 'em also....and did my first fire show! *proud face*

haha, and your right..innuendo and you go together like canal street and lube...

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
heh that was to mr neon fowl up there btw

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
icklepurklegirl

'nails sticking outta my face pinhead stylee before our next meeting'

So your still putting nails in your head then, lol should in be interesting to see where else you have managed to get them into for the next meet!!
Hey did you ever manage to get that round the neck move that steaks was trying to teach us???

we met at the mini manchseter meet a couple of weeks ago if you dont remeber who i am!! hee hee

anyway will prob catch up with you at the next meet with your new nails!! take it easy hun!!

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
Yeh the 4th works for me smile

'If your deeds shouldn't be known, perhaps they shouldn't be done, if your words shouldn't be shared, perhaps they shouldn't be spoken. Act with attention, for all your acts have consequences" (Rabbi Judah HaNassi)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gremlin_Lou

Nope, only religious things. Its a fairly big Thou Shalt Not light fire or do any work, so spinning in general isn't allowed as its classed as work. Attending when I can't spin is detrimental to the spirit of Shabbat, so thats out too, as i'd just be jealos of Non-Jews....

*Poke* Please make it a Sunday.......

I shouldn't really use LED things even, because thats using electricity.

We could allways do two, its been done before.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
If it was the middle of winter, it wouldn't be a problem as it gets dark really quickly (Shabbat goes out Saturday Night when you can see the first 3 stars in the sky), but it doesn't go out till nearly 11 in June.

Two meets would be great smile

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
i would think that the 4th would alos be ok,i dont yet have any plans anyhow. the 4th being my 20th that is biggrin

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Just wondering, shouldn't the birthday girl decide when the meet is? tongue

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
yeah we should have some food and drink too!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Jelly and ice cream biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Chocolate CHip Brioche from Aldi....

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
hmm ice cream....*drools*

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Lets not start the whole 'ice cream on HoP' discussions, it always leads to confusion wink

And I am with Dave, given it is for Terri's birthday she should decide the date (which is most likely to remain the saturday as she works sunday's) but i don't see any reason why we can't have one on the sunday as well for Chris' birthday and those that can't make the saturday meet smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Gremlin_Loumember
131 posts

Posted:
I could bring some Ben & Jerrys. Jewsih Company so all Jews get a discount! :P

Plus its Kosher, so we *have* to have some....

We cool for the 4th then?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i cant come anytime after the 30th, im going away here to visit my mum biggrin ill be gone for 10days! but ill try and keep on the net, we need to sort play etc

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
thats cool, let the Bday girl decide smile

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
ditto

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I will ask her smile

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)