Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Ooooh, yes! Show 'em how it's done! RAH!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
my bjc photos are online at last.

have fun on sunday, see ya all soon!

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
lol cool photos...especially the one with the tree biggrin so wait urr not coming this sunday :o

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
Liz is a fire gnome who will beat anyone silly spankwith albert if they get on her bad side ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You're particularly fond of smacking people with that...

Should i be worried?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
nope cuz now that youve made that statement....shes gonna impale me with albert ...starting to think that albert has a consciousness of its own angel

hehe only kiddin shes gotten and getting better everytime I see her play...now if only i could stop hitting myself in the nuts eekwith the leg wraps....when im glancing over to see whats shes doing....

fire staff is my fav at the moment...not gonna go back to poi for a while

EDITED_BY: Sixth (1147377343)

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i would never impale you on purpose, i cant garantee albert well behaving. he has a mind of his own. you gotta love staff

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
yeah its more relaxing than poi funnily enough and after a while of staffing its phycologicaly the same as going into a trancemeditate...

poi was fun for a time being but for length of time play wise me thinks i preff staff...

I have a new trickubblol...its called balls of fire and guess what happens help

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Sixth, i will be bringing my (poor) attempt at a meteor with me on sunday, they are a nice medium between poi and staff (and the reason i started staff in the first place)

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
OOoo more toys to hurt myself with clap clap clap

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
And other people!

I might just turn up anyway...

Regardless of if I have a place to stop (I might do anyway in Rusholme)

Thanks for the offer Sixth!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Mint's meteor is much better made (and weighted) than mine and is infinatly more dangerous to yourself and others around you. but is much, much more fun as well

Owner of Clarence_Quack

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Dave you know ours is always open to you

Might even let you sleep in my bed!!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Oooh, that IS tempting tongue

Been there done that! Heehee

I'll ask your lot if they fancy going to it! Either that or get Liz to ask seeing as it's not my place to invite them to...

Is your bedroom tidy?

(I;m working on the new Monster Flyers as we speak)

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
dave they can come biggrin

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
i was gonna text them tomorrow to ask them anyway, so ask away dave!

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

Mint's meteor is much better made (and weighted) than mine and is infinatly more dangerous to yourself and others around you. but is much, much more fun as well

Tell me about me! Meteor scares me! redface

Neon, Check out the poster in the Liverpool thread! You are on it! biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
I'm coming to the next manchester meet!!!!1 whoooohoooooooo cant wait!!!! its about bloomin time too, havent been to one for ages! lowan are you getting the train up? im going to be geting the train back so we can get it together if you want!
Is it in the usual place? or has it moved? wont be meeting early have plans for some of the afternoon but ill be coming down later! ohhh im so excitied, MUST GO BUY MORE PARAFIN!!!!!!!! see you there people!! xx ubbrollsmile peace bounce weavesmiley

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
if i'm back from spinning fire and sticking nails up my nose for big hairy bikers, i am so coming to poke you all with my doom weasel
xx xx

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hmmm looking at the weather today im hoping it will be another fabulouse day on sunday, but when its this light all the time what time does it get dark? I might not bring my fire poi not sure...

Oh yeah where are we all meeting up first, picc gardens or the gasworks?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
hey guys
looks like i wont be able to make it again frown
but its my birthday june 3rd so i was thinking of a having a small meet in celebration i have already asked tobi and steaks any one else wanna come?

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Lo: Conquer your fear of meteors! Cars have much more of a chance of killing you but you don't fear cars! That is a nice poster! But I'll be damned if I could tell which one was me!

Ree!!! Haven't seen you since BJC! Would you like a nailgun for a birthday present?

Joe: I think people are gonna be meeting at the Gasworks at 3 now.

Anyone who doesn't know just PM me or check earlier in the Thread.

Awwww Skribble . Nevermind. Keep us posted on when and where for your birthday meet

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
censored its raining! but im still go ahead with tonight! no matter what! rawr!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
yay! for Ree and the Doom Weasel bounce2

Yay also for Catt bounce2

hug for Terri, asDave said, let us know about your brthday meet, when & were, that sort of thing smile kiss ubblove hug2 hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
biggrin its sunny!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
biggrin It's STILL Sunny here! (Still waiting for the raincloud to jump out of the bush when i leave work...)

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
for my shop next year !

what would sell well, and what would people liek to see me selling?

im considering selling "make your own poi" equipment to make you a custom length poi with a selection of quick links, handles, chanins/cords e.t.c and you can make it completely custom.

anyone like this idea? if anyone else has any ideas id be happy to hear them.

tone xx

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Aye...

Definitely need a G-clip for my fire poi so i don't actually have to store the handles in the parafin jar with the poi!

Some of the individual glowing balls from HOP (for £7 each), socks and cords & handles so people can chose there own preference...

FLAGS! (Good for invading countries)

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
i had a wacky idea of "grow poi" where u grow your own poi AHAHAHHA

then again some of my wacky ideas have made it biggrin ie wimbledon tennis adverts smile

tone...u havent seen my meteor wraps have u?

ProjectBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Well am flyin out to New Z on saturday ie tomorrow for a week so am not back till a week monday so i cant make it but.....!

If anyone wants to have a meet at the end of the mth or can wait till the nexted meet ill get the train down or ill get a ride with Elaine and ill bring some Colour's Down with me and u can all have a play around with them tongue

Just working on a totaly clean ( no smoke, burning Fule that burns abit hotter than lamp oil so it will give a really!!!! intence flame ( not that lamp oil dos'nt ) only problem is that hotter = not as safe .... but il keep u all posted....

But Ill be happy to bring some free colours with me when I can get a ride down with Elaine...

Page: ......