HephGOLD Member
79 posts

Posted:
i promised myself i wouldn't post random thoughts without a question to ask, but i just had to show off for a minute! i figured you guys'd understand, anyway. so....last night a friend videotaped me so i could send in a tape to Malcolm for the comp. video. I've never seen myself spin, so it was crazy to see myself doing it, you know? First off, it's really great to get a 3rd person view of what you're doing. 2ndly, it seems like it'd be an invaluable tool for perfecting your moves, cuz you can see where you need to smooth things out. and lastly, it's hugely entertaining, cuz i messed up during the routine, and you can hear me mutter something like, "Whoa, that's no good....." during the spin. anyway, i guess i just wanted to recommend videotaping yourself to everybody, i thought it was great. im hoping to do it again tonight to get a better video together to be sent in. best of luck and happy swinging/taping!Heph

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
wow that's great Heph...yeah i know how you feel smile... how i wish i had a video camera... i would love to send something in for that video but nobody around seems to have a video camera here...oh well i'll keep on looking!!!happy swinging,Simos[This message has been edited by Simos (edited 13 March 2001).]

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I borrowed a video camera,took it to a rave to film me swingin/stilt walkin and, oops, I spilled juice all over it and broke it. Now I gotta find the money to replace it. So my advice would be if you want to video dont do it at parties unless you're more *with it* than me!! smile

Are we nearly there yet?

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
I second that Hephaestos,we just got our first decent footage as group. reckon we can tighten up our act/ see what looks good etc from that + promotional purposes. useful things video cameraso-o

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
Totally agree there. Aside from the website, the video footage is the most valuable promo tool FWDCo has. We are re-compiling right now, a pal of mine is a film maker so he's doing a 2-camera shoot of out gigs this weekend, then I'm bartereing a couple of workshops for the sound design by another friend of mine. Yay for barter, it makes the world go round. It is sooooo good to see yourself from the audience view cos you can see what looks shit and what looks good. I'm trying to hire a hall with floor to ceiling mirrors so we can practice as a group for big choreographed shows, it should be much easier / more productive than stuffing around up in the park!

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
wow kerri, that sounds amazing.Would love to see one of your performances. I'll be in Melbourne over Easter. Are you doing anything then? Perhaps I could come and check fireworks dance out. Let me know.alderaangrrl@aol.com back on topic...we (the wick effect) took a video camera to burning moon to film our first performance the other night. unfortunately when the time came we experienced major technical difficulties...someone accidentally extended the zoom out so far that the camera could not focus on anything. Consequently we were unable to record our first performance for posterity. we didn't realise what had occurred at the time of course, we just thought we had broken the camera.afterwards we realised what had actually happened. der! believe it or not, 5 of us had tried to get the camera working. not one of us figured it out.nerves perhaps! wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
We don't have access to a video camera as of yet, but I work at least twice a week in a rehearsal studio with two fully mirrored walls parallel to each other and it is amazing! I can see what I look like from the front and from the back (thank you reflections), it has helped me loads as I can see where my hands are at as opposed to where they should be at. I highly suggest it Kerri, not just for group stuff but solo stuff too if you can swing it!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir..."I prefer not to go where there is a path but to blaze a new one!"

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i have never seen my self spin..ever..i tried to do it once in a large mirror in this guy garage but it thru me off so bad i kept pelting my self with the damn glowsticks...Iam hitting a rave this weekend, i will try to get a video camera...i want to see, because out of all my friends i have three or four tricks/combos that they cannot do, and i have never seen done, so i dont know what it looks like.GIVe your self props Hephaestos, you go boy! Its all about the excitement..i understand completely...By the way, bad-ass nick name...good choice.Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain