Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
frown Sorry to here that hun!! hug Onwards and upwards!!! clap
Oh, yeah i'll be there!! Yay!! Spin Spin Spin!!!
Loads of love
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey sorry frogy frown hug

ermmm guys.... i was in the ritz last night just playing with my new poi and, well was asked to spin on the stage (not as a performance, more of a playing around and dancing to the music), and get 3 others to join me to do it every monday..... theres money and free beer included...... so errrrmmmmm yeah, if your interested PM me.
it doesnt have to be the same peeps everyweek, just as long as i have 4 all together.... so if any of u guys are free on monday then pls PM me biggrin bounce
i need 3 asap

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
humm your propositin intregues me young jedi I will see what I am doing but I fear good enough I may not be Hummmmm

(translation for all non Jedi types sounds interesting if I'm free on Mon night but I don’t feel that I am good enough to be up on a stage)

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Shut up Tobi, if I can get away with being paid for it, i'm damn sure you can do it for free!!!

Any news on the Glasto ticket dude?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
^ not that you'll be doing it for free, that is...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
So yeah I'm hopefully gunna show up... 19th 4pm picc gardens... I'm the one with spikey pink hair and most likely baggy trousers n funky glasses

old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Got your outfit planned already, forward thinking, i like it!! biggrin
Loads of love
Taking it easy
Trippie

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
lol I wasnt putting it that way it was so you'd recognise me. The names Becki btw

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
someone has thrown my fire poi away censoredcensored
not happy at all and if i dont find which bin they are in that means i have no fire poi for the meet or falmouth! censoredcensoredcensored

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Thats terrible, how do poi managed to get thrown away? confused2

I broke my flag poi the other day, waiting on new ones now

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
thats why I have 2 pairs of non-fire n one pair of firepoi..... then I'm buying some more off here 2moro WOOT!

old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Written by: curiosity toastied the cat

lol I wasnt putting it that way it was so you'd recognise me. The names Becki btw

Hello Becki!!! The pleasures all mine, i am also pissed out if my mind.

Jen, how the hell do your fire poi get thrown away!!!! * it's a new one one me!!* so sorry babes!! hug If you need a spare set give me a PM and i will knock up up a set for falmouth xx
Loads of love
Taking it easy
Trippie

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
whats going on monday then JEN

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
he hasnt rung me back yet :s which is annoying cause ive organised everything need to do shrug confused2

errrmm i left my poi with my flat mates having a bbq after i had a spin, and asked them to bring it back in and they didnt. someone thought that the bag they were in was a bag of rubbish and threw em away frown the bin men came that morning frown but i suppose its not the end of the world and ill buy some more, those 3 headed ones look nice biggrin

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug2 for GothFrogette - keep smilin hun

jen, the answer to your signature question is a resounding NO and if you catch me off guard when I'm out of it 1 day I'll probably forget myself and recount at least 2 stories that prove it!! redface

And bummer about your poi so hugs for you too hug hug hug - let Ro make you some, he's pretty darn good at it (when he's not out his head on substances legal or otherwise biggrin )

Did the 'training-it-to-Falmouth' ppl get the info they wanted? It was £60 instead of £100 odd wasn't it?

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
i don't think that it'll be quite as expensive this time cause it isn't bank holiday, but if we start organising who's going and what not on the 19th, and then book the tickets earlier, then it should be cheaper

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
for once, I agree with Kyle...

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
yeah he has a point for once
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

HavokistBRONZE Member

2,530 posts

Posted:
see? i can talk sense when i need to tongue

it's just the need to talk sense only presents itself once in a blue moon ubbrollsmile

We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams;
We are the movers and shakers of the world for ever, it seems.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
hmmm wondering whether I'll get as wrecked next weekend as bad as this lol, could be very interesting

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
There'll be more chatting than spinning on Sunday, what with Glasto and Falmouth! biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
oh damn u ppl with the festival tickets..... argh... sucks.... lol so yeah... looking very forward

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
If I go I will be there later... I'm going to Alton Towers!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
god aint been to alton towers in ages man..... this time I will go on nemesis at least 5 times in a row hehehe

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
count me in for that one biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
hehehehe.... require more dosh methinks

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:

best time to go is end Sept - weather's still good and kids are at school, take a day off and it's ours to play in all day long bounce bounce2

Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Meet this sunday your saying

Oh and by the way miss you guys!

Eliane sorry I havnt been in touch been sorting a new job out and stuff as I got fired.

Glastos a week away!!!!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Have you got a new job yet dude? hug hug hug

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Page: ......