Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I can't make the 20th, am not in the country till 22nd.
So I vote on the 27th.
And a new video would be a nice welcome back as well Dave. smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Psykotik2912newbie
26 posts

Posted:
Great meet on Sunday smile

Plenty of choice for me to find that 6, although I may dive into some past shots just in case.

Some of what I got are on the Flickr account now. I've been passing round some as well for those that asked. There may be a possibility of getting prints done as well, but I'll look into that first.

BBQ was a great idea, I'll get marshmallows again if one appears at the next meet :P

R

Artwork that is only about wanting to be famous will never make you famous. Any fame is a by-product of making something that means something. You don't go to a restaurant and order a meal because you want to have a ****. - Banksy

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
we can have another meet before the 27th, it is summer...

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
But avoid putting the marshmallows directly on the BBQ next time umm ubblol

Will have to wait till I get home to see the pics - work has finally slipped up so I can get on HOP n post bounce but links don't seem to work frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yeah pix are great - even gasworks looks a solubrious place, who says the camera doesn't lie ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
the camera doesnt lie wink

you can see the beautiful sun rays reflecting off the broken glass, the rainbow colours of the graffiti.... i could go on biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Stop stop you'll have me in tears - oh to be in that glorious place, that haven of peace and tranquility.... errr think i need a lie down in a darkened room

Oh and you missed out the glint of needles frown

Euonymous Europeus

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
it may be a s**thole, but we don't get bothered there, it's not so bad in the summer, at least there is some grass amongst the squallor. castlefield is a lovely venue, but very open to the elements and the floor gets extremely slippery after a couple of burnoffs!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
True - only went there once and didn't like it much, gasworks is much better - and it's been home for so long! The threat of eviction seems to have gone away, for the moment at least....

Euonymous Europeus

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
yeah its summer has cum long nicely. im soz guys i could not spin with u guys on sun,

i hope the next meet i will be able to spin with u guys. i miss not playing with my poi n staff,

i hope there will be another meet soon, yeah dale back soon, we sholud have welcome back poi meet for dale,

dawny

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: the_mods_stole_my_name

it may be a s**thole, but we don't get bothered there, it's not so bad in the summer, at least there is some grass amongst the squallor. castlefield is a lovely venue, but very open to the elements and the floor gets extremely slippery after a couple of burnoffs!

ubblol agreed but i was being sarcastic wink i love the meets at the gasworks, its always been the home of the manc spinners regardless of the stigma it has

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
right u guys

dale is cum home in couple weeks. are we going to set up a poi meet up for dale as a welcome home,

what day n time are going to hold the poi meet up,

where going to have the poi meet at gasworks. #

plz let me

firelight

dawny

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
hey guys, sorry ive been out of contact for a while, i now have a full tiem job. but ill be living back in manchester from the 8th september onwards. Ill be living in the student village near oxford road station, so if anyone has trouble gettign to and from meets, feel free to crash with me over night and or chill before hand. Seriously cant wait to get back down and have a decent meet.

I hope everyone is ok and youve all had some creative flairs in your spinning/juggling/manipulating !

Hopefully im getting a load of new stock soon in time for next year fingers crossed.

Also, i could do with a logo for invoices and receipts and stuff but im rubbish at drawing. If anyone could make me a little drawing suitable for a circus equipment logo i will give you your height in wick for free :o

im so annoyed i missed the BJC especially as Wes was there ! Also i hear Ady Pole was really good for his age, especially under the pressure of the BYJOTY, did anyone see him perform?

im going to stop writing now becuase i get flamed for spamming.

take care everyone and hopefully see you soon smile

tone xxxxxxx

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Havnt been here in a while, missed a few meets too, how is everyone? Yeah I agree we should have a meet for dale to welcome him, hes so friendly and nice to everyone and he makes the effort so we should for him too. When does he come back? I second bubbles earlyer motion, it is summer we should have a few meets inbetween, the weather has been great, save for today when the heavens openend, not sure what that was all about.

I have some footage that me and stake took (remember him?) STILL on my pc, I do appologise for not editing it but its just too much of a task for me since ive never done anything like that before. I'll burn it to a DVD and give it to someone who is capable, if anyone wants to edit it? Get ourselves a manc meet vid for 2006 lol ubbloco, itle be like stepping back in time!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi there peoplefootb
Hope youre all good
I shall be passing through Manchester briefly on my way from Macedonia to Canada!! and have a nights stop-over between shows
Im hoping that this may coincide with a Spin meet or maybe we could just meet up for a drink or something?
I arrive around 3pm on the 30th May and depart the next day around midday. If this is good for anyone post on here or PM me
It would be great aswell rather than staying in some random hotel or hostel, if I could stay with a random HOP-er just for the night?
Again if this is a possible give me a PM please
Thanks in adavance and hope to see ya'll
Peas out
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
to brit joe quisetion

dale cum back around the 23#rd of 24th of may,

yes we should have a welcome bsck for dale

it will be nice of guys to think of him, they alot of u guys asking about him,

dawny

firlight

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
hey there people,
its my 21st in three weeks timebounce and i want to organise a meet for it! my birthday is on the 3rd of june (sunday) and i was thinking that day would be good.
does that sound good to everyone? hug

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
^ OMG you a day older than me!!! my 21st on june 4th!! a meet on sunday 3rd june will be great!!!

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yep, im in. smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
sounds good to me smile no chance of another this month though????

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

Hi there peoplefootb
Hope youre all good
I shall be passing through Manchester briefly on my way from Macedonia to Canada!! and have a nights stop-over between shows
Im hoping that this may coincide with a Spin meet or maybe we could just meet up for a drink or something?
I arrive around 3pm on the 30th May and depart the next day around midday. If this is good for anyone post on here or PM me
It would be great aswell rather than staying in some random hotel or hostel, if I could stay with a random HOP-er just for the night?
Again if this is a possible give me a PM please
Thanks in adavance and hope to see ya'll
Peas out
Rob

Did no one notice this?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I just noticed that Mill.

Unfotunatly will not be in a possition to offer crash space, but am up for a spinn/drinks with Rob, he's a great guy smile

As for my return and a meet. I have posted several times over the past month that I return to the uk on Tuesday 22nd May (probably heading up to Manchester that night). And was trying to organise a meet for that sunday, 27th. But the weekend of the 3rd works well for me as well.
Terri, we need to organise a night out for your birthday as well smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I vote we make it a big weekend, going out on Saturday, crashing at peeps' what have room, and hold on i'm on the phone...
...Right, back now...
and then we have a big meet on the 3rd. 2nd over to the 3rd? Lets get drunk and lairy? You know, antics and stuff.

Yea, or nay?

umm

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm easy either way!

It'd be good to have one after Monster on the 26th/27th(seems traditional for me now!) but I'm good with either decision.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

skribleBRONZE Member
155 posts

Posted:
funny you should say that pete
me and the mister are heading to the frog and bucket(comedy club and yes they sell beer) on saturday 2nd
would love to have you lot there would be wicked
your all invited to come celebrate!!!!!!!!!!
joint 21st eh chris?good good

this apple juice is a bit milky isnt it?!

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
right guys we should sort out these meets,

we should try and set one up after monster monster its also could be dale welcome home one too,

its been 6 months that everyone has seen dale,

right for Terri n chris we should have another meet up for the bdays,

with summer cum up it will be nice weather nice n warm ,

that hope we can sort out all this dates for sum good poi meets up with good mates,

hope we all can,

plz let let me know guys,

these poi meets wil be good,

dawny firelight

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
were we going to have a meet this sunday 20th for the return of Dale or is that the 27th? or are we gonna wait and have a single massive monster mashout on the 3rd?!?!

Id be up for 20th, 27th and 3rd biggrin Whos with me?

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Sometimes I have real trouble deciphering Dawnys posts smile

Is monster on the 1st, 2nd or the 3rd? Will the be booze? Will there be girls? And will somebody loan me use of a 6ft by 4ft space for me to pass out on?

Ta! smile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yay for the 3rd - hughug for Terri n Chris

Dale's not back til 22nd - so not much point in meeting for him on 20th umm Mini-meet for Dale & Monster crew on 27th? Won't be there myself tho.... frown

And if no-one else can sort out Firenix I'm happy to drag him out to the wilds of Cheshire and make sure he gets back to the airport, tho' I do feel something of a fraud due to my distinct lack of spinning and not being quite so engaged with HoP as in the past etc. frown Still, can't let our wonderful Manc hospitality get a bad name now can we? biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Pete - Monster is on 26th of May. I will by default probably be staying at Millhouse's so if you wanna give him a bell do so! biggrin

Elaine - you spin poi, regardless of your recent activity, so in no way are you a fraud! You are a cornerstone of the Manchester poi meets and the fact that you'd offer crash space and drive him to the airport means you're a bone fide HOPper! biggrin hug

Mini meet for steaks sounds doable on 27th with Big meet on the 3rd or vice versa! One this weekend is pushing it a bit for me personally.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock