Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I never knew Ice cream was code...

Must be one of those weird gay things... shrug

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Sadly no - it really is a euphemism for sex, Cantus told me a bout it when I first joined and embarassed myself on Gidg's thread redface

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
What? the whole Vanilla = straight sex/ Chocolate = bum sex thing?

Mmmmmm Ben n Jerrys Chocolate Fudge Brownie....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*remembers it's a PG site, and refrains from adding to the Conversation for fear of being told off*

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
manchester is bad.
fallowfield shold be banned.
hang on, you cant ban places...

REVISED THOUGHT; jagermeister is bad!

ask Ugoagogo he'll tell you...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

Written by: PyroWill

I ate a big red candle

umm

Nothing un-PG about what i said, was a quote from a funny film, has no one here seen Anchorman, tsk tsk

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol I remember my first thread about icecream, it was in doc lightnings intro, luckily I found out the meaning of ice cream quickly...alltho I never knew what the indivdual flavours meant! Ta very much dave!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
aaaaah so tht is what vanilla means then lol i have been asking loads of people what it means but no one would tell me lol

yaaaay i have closure

thanks for burning with me

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Dave you're a BAAD boy spank ubblol

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Hazel can I come Bjc with you?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i would also like to go with you

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I guess the next question is, is ther room for two Uni's?
lolsign

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
i can leave mine at home if need be smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
When is BJC? I've been out of the loop a bit and probably can't afford it. Mill you coming to Ulverston Monster?

And Elaine? Indeed, I am a bad rude man...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
[Old link] biggrin

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
dammit another event i cnt afford lol they shud really make these things cheaper and nearer to home lol

*jus wanna cry*

not really havin a good day ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying

oh well have fun and see you at the meet

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
well, including Tobi, Elaine, Dave, Bubbles & Millhouse, the love bus's got 10 passengers. I'll let you know for def if we can fit you all in but if not, Elaine's off ered to be car no 2 & then we can CONVOY! I'll also see about uni space, how big are they? Would they be ok on a roof rack?

We're thinking of setting off Weds afternoon as it's gonna take so long to get there & we got plenty of people to pick up.

bounce sunny bounce

my favorite ice cream was neopolean ubbangel but i had to stop eating it cause it makes me sick frown

Me & laura are going to chockfest. there's 2 spaces in the car, but no definate crash space plans.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I gotta space in yours?? cool! the first HoP meet I've not driven too biggrin clap

I'm a bit worried about Falmouth tho - I heard Mags is trying to organise something for Easter Wkend and that's the 1 before BJC isn't it? Hope not frown

Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Yes Elaine Maggs is trying to organise Fal5 for the weekend before BJC, he's found a site and last i heard was looking into their friendliness towards fire spinning on site.

as that fits in better with other plans i have around then im gonna tryfor fal5 instead of BJC, sorry guys

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
well if theres only a coupla days from the end of fal, and the start of bjc then couldnt some of us bums crash at someones nearby for a night or two, wouldnt that make traveling less. meh just a ramble (basic thought with no detail etc) but i may be up for it if anyone wants to join....

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking that Falmouth would be more up my alley also. If BJC is geared more towards juggling (unless I miraculously learn the basics before then) I'm just gonna be hanging my head down in shame for most of the weekend. Not good to be a jack of all trades.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bah i cant juggle! but BJC is amazing and i highly recomend it!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
well yet another failed mini meets guys and thnks steaks for being the only other one there lol

see ya all at the big meet maybe lol

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol, damit I thought it was for the 11th and hop has my birthday wrong ubblol

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
HoP hasn't got your birthday wrong - in NZ it's already 6th....

Happy Birthday hun hug

Euonymous Europeus

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
well if its for the 11th i can manage that, but i think some people are heading over for chocfest that weekend.

was good to see you again yesterday Lee, found a few burn marks on my jeans afterwards though smile

Once again i will offer my services as a tour guide to anyone that wants/needs them for anymeet in manchester smile

and happy birthday for tomorrow Joe hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
How old are we again Joe? When is the next meet again? We will have to provide drunken tomfoolery to mark the occasion!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ohyeah I never thought of that, you know ive just realised why hops date and times areallways abit ahead lol, thank you E, steaks and dave! hug Im 19 today woo

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol im not 19 till august lol i wish it was sooner bt yeah happy bday joe *hugs and kisses*

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ah bless ubbloveubblol

Euonymous Europeus

Page: ......