Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Written by: Neon Shaolin

but Kyle's under 16....

No change there then....

Your for it whan Kyle see's that! He's old now!

Mike is well gay it how he attracts ladies like me!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
You may point that out liz but,
Who's cooked for me...twice?
ran away to shef for a nite with me?
ummmm??
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, am coming today - not sure how long I'll stay, but def be there for the meal biggrin
Not sure where/when we're meeting and don't know where the restaurant is so will call someone later....

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Right im going to assume the title is correct, its picidilli gardens at three? Just checking since its been wrong before, someone confirm please?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
Right ya buggers!!

Where the hell were u all!! GRRR *argh*

Dragar and I were there spinning away on the gardens and no one turned up *sobs uncontrollably* spank

oh BTW Peeps we are meeting at 2pm NOT 3pm.. meal starts at 2:30pm.

Meeting at Pic. Gardens at 2pm then all walking down.

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I got there and no one was around LOL! How long did you stay till, I only got there at half 7 couldnt find sackville park (lol retard me) look around for half an hour, found it and it was empty boo hoo.

Oh well, at least we have the spin meet today.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

fire_fairy_liquidBRONZE Member
enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
i am not impressed to say the least guys we were there from 6.30 till about 8 and stood in the cold wating for you all to arrive and not a single one of you turned up i was almost in tears....

you had better make it up to us tonight lol (hug and a kiss should suffice lol)

lets just hope more of you turn up tonght not only for us but for gazza as well lol

righty ohs well im going to stop winging now and HOPEFULLY see you all later dnt forget 2pm on pic gardens walk down to the meal for 2.30 then eat.... spin... pub lol usual really lol

and dnt forget the tuuunes lol

xxxx love you all really and sorry bout the moaning but i just thought you caould all meet danny before today... oh well never mind lol

kisses all round

thanks for burning with me

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know ehat time we're meeting today? I thought the table was booked for 2.30 so probably best to meet in Picc Gardens at 2.00 - see you there, and no cat fights please girls! wink

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
thts cool E lol were meetin at 2pm lol

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
Boo!! I text... we had the kids (We weren't spose to be havin em all nite, but I think Kieron's sister was exhausted with all the Christmas shoppin, and just wanted to wrap and get it over and done with....)

I deffo text though.... Gonna prove it to ya when I see ya from my sent messages!!

Kids are now safely back with their parents after a full 24 hours of being spoilt, so will deffo be there in Pic Gardens at 1400! Sorry Lee, sorry Danny (it aint a good first impression is it) Will make it up to ya both tonight!

G x

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
lol

i just txt ya lol askin whether ur still comin tonight lol

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Because of a million tiny little reasons im buggering half of it all in, I cant make the meal now but I will get there for the spin afterwards at the gasworks. If anyone has to pay extra couse I didnt show up let me know and I will make it up to said person deffinatly. Sorry if its any inconveniance or whatever.

Cya guys later on, and have fun

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
ey joe i dnt see why not if you ring me when ya get into town il come meet you my number is 07716797022 i dnt mind leaving th meal to come meet you coz you sound like u dnt know where it is lol xxx

Ryz0rBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
eek, it might be a bit late now but are you all still goin down to the urbis to spin later? what time do the people who arent going to the meal meet up at??

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect

Crash and Burn, Live and Learn

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
we're not going to the urbis, fool, we're going to the Gasworks...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Ryz0rBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
oh right, i thought they were the same place :S

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
fool lol. Such a strong word ubblol

Ok I will come but I will arrive later than most smile cya there everyone.

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
wellif we say the poepl who arent eating meet us at about 5 give me a call when you get here and i will come meet you at pic gardens my numbers 07716797022 thts if you want me to tht is

xxx

Ryz0rBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
Excellent. That'll do nicely!

Cheers for that and i'll see you guys later

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
Written by: loki.c1687

You may point that out liz but,
Who's cooked for me...twice?
ran away to shef for a nite with me?
ummmm??
mike.c

hey i only cooked for you once! and i went to shef cos i had pity on you, how would u have managed if i hadnt come along and paid for that taxi hey? its not my fault i like hanging around with you, your small build gives me a feeling of power. mwahahahahahahaha

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

thundersmurfnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
well just got back from meeting up with some of you at the gasworks,
I was the girl with the pink hair smile
Had a great time despite the cold - cheers for making me and Paul (jaws) welcome

see ya soon guys.

Smurf
xXx

If at first you don't succeed...............CHEAT!!

thundersmurfnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
got some great pics, so if anyone wants 'em, PM me...

see ya soon guys.

Smurf

xXx

If at first you don't succeed...............CHEAT!!

enthusiast
287 posts

Posted:
hey guys well done all of you tht came i think this meet was absolutely excellent and im sorry to the people i didnt get around to talking to you but i did try and get through you all lol

thnk you again gazza for taking me home, thnks hazel for letting me play with ya hoop n diablo, thnks thundersmurf (sorry didnt get ya name) for the piccies, thnk to everyone tht came to the meal as well , what an excellent turn out.

hey danny well done with ya fire breathing and ya spinning, damn you bout the flowers though redfacemadredfacemad
lol

i have had an excellent night and sorry it had to end, love ya all xxxxxxxx

GazzaBeeBRONZE Member
PoiBoi
627 posts

Posted:
I second that!! Lovely meet you guys...

As for the lift.... You're always welcome Lee!! Elaine and Tobi, sooper teachers as per... Jen, glad we got to see ya just at the end... Really nice meetin MrD, and Mill... How good are you on ya Uni now!! Hazy, ya mad climbing thing... I've aged 10 years! And to everyone else... Wow, I had such a cool time...

Catch ya all at the next meet... 8th Jan has been suggested so we can celebrate
Dave's Birthday on the 1st Jan
Mine and Elaine's on the 6th Jan
And someone else's on 15th (Who's was that Lou? Cantus perhaps?)

Laterz... x

Stuck in my Poi comfort zone....

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It was a lovely day. Good to see my friends (MOPpers) had a good time.

Got some nice pics too....

I'll post them up...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey guys, was a bit miffed i couldnt be there fr the whole thing but twas good to see ya all and meet some newbies smile

if anyones got pics and vids pls upload them and give us the link, wanna see all this crazyness i missed!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
Hey guys..

just a quickie to say a HUGE THANK YOU!

This was my first and by no way means the last meet.. FANTASTIC to meet you all and was made to feel very welcome.

Can't even start to describe what a fantastic day ive had..
and to think that this morning i would have never dreamed that i would be fire spinning like that never mind flippin firebreathing! like.. OH....MY......G!

I definitely know what I'll be spending my christmas money on.. WOO HOO!!

oh yer.. HAZEL.. ur bloody CRAZY!.. but i love you tongue

Thanks again guys... can't wait for the next one.
All the best
Danny

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
Hey guys.. just had a thought..

I know this thread is getting PREEEEETTTTY long.. how about contacting the admin team ask them if they can prune it down or something.. get rid of old convo or just start a new thread mebbe?

Just a thought smile

Thats Mr Poi-ro!

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
OHHHH NO NO NO NO NO MrD we cant do a thing like that, i love this thread, and hasnt this been suggested before and we dicided against it!! not that i mean to be harsh or anything its just i really like this thread!! yay!

Was a great night tonight, it was cool to meet some new people and catch up with people that i had met before!!! Hope the fun carried on after i wussed out early and went home for a cuppa T to warm me up!! Cant wait for the next meet!!!! bring it on!

Merry Christmas to everyone, and a crackin new year!!!!!!!!
jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!!!!

Hope you have all been good and santa will bring you all lots of lovely things!!! ubbrollsmile bounce2 Cheers and heres to a good one!!!! beerchug

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Some of the photos are up on my gallery now. I usually take more pictures of other people at meets but I let my fella take more pics of me as I never seem to get pics of me because it's usually me taking the pictures!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: ......