Page:
FireKittenSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:

Is it humanly possible in poi to impress your friends after three weeks of practising from scratch? I want some simple yet effective move ideas that I can learn fairly quickly. Thankyou hunni bunni spinni winnies! angel

xX Twist and twirl to trance and techno Xx

drakematrixSILVER Member
Maker of the Cheesecake
174 posts

Posted:
Hmm, I can get a shoulder wrap with the tails no prob. I can get a leg wrap from a butterfly, but sometimes the lower poi catches on it's own string and won't release. not a problem with the tail though...

As far as I understand it, I have the basic buzzsaw down, but my planes arent' straight yet. I can get out of it no prob, but because I have to shorten the chain by quite a bit, I don't know how to get into it. Same with the corkscrew... I tend to do a single hand wrap to shorten the length before I can corkscrew. of course, my corkscrew goes in alternating directions, and the one in the video goes in the same direction... oh well

What exactly do I have to light on fire to get you to notice me?

munkypunksGOLD Member
enthusiast, but not enthusiastic
367 posts

Posted:
Sounds like we're about at the same level, so if it's any use, I just learned a couple of new things with buzzsaw. If you take a short chain butterfly, you can pivot to one side and turn it into a sort of dragonfly buzzsaw (each poi going opposite direction), or from a really tight corkscrew, with your hands just about touching (we call it chasing the wrists, don't know if that's official), you can stop in the middle so that you're in a horizontal buzzsaw. Then turn it upright. Don't know if that will work with tails.....I dont use tails, cuz they're too hard.

You can't fall off the floor, but sometimes you need a chair to reach the cookie jar.

DinkBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
More chuffed than i was yesterday biggrin just did a 3 beat weave.. whoo lol.

Anyone got any tips for that one handed butterfly?? still cant quite crack it...*frustrated*

im a gemini..go figure

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
go dink smile - one handed butterfly i think you just gotta keep practising and sort out your hand position - i can still only do it for a few beats but nm

thanks munkypunks and drake - will go try those now smile

*grin* now just gotta crack the btb weave - nto finding it too hard tho which is cool

back

Page: