Forums > Social Chat > About to go traveling, need advice and things.

Login/Join to Participate

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
On the 24th I leave to go traveling till September which I'm really excited/scared about. Anyways I'll be going to South Africa -- Australia -- New Zealand -- Bali -- Thailand. I've got a couple of things planned but most of it is fairly open. So I'm asking for help, what should I go see? What should I do?

Also if anyone wants to chuck in a "It'll be alright" because I'm begging to freak out...

Thanks all

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
it'll be alright biggrin

DominoSILVER Member
757 posts

Posted:
Cheers biggrin

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
it will be fine, i want to go travelling in september and i havent got a clue what to do?

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
When in your in Thailand go and see all the temples and ancient places. My father lives in Thailand half the year and I have seen so many gorgeous photographs. Someday I hope to travel their myself.

Peace, Love, Circles

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
For South Africa ...drive through Kruger. It won't be super hot during the time you are there (their winter) and the animals will be out a plenty. Really amazing. Cape Town is worth a visit as well. Watching the clouds over Table Mountain is loverly.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Take it easy and take your time. Don't rush through places taking photographs - chill out and find a place a bit more.

Once you land somewhere and head to the local bar there will be loads of people who will tell you good places to go. So cast your lot in with luck and enjoy biggrin

SONOFTKOFmember
26 posts

Posted:
noddy wants to work at asda

SONOFTKOFmember
26 posts

Posted:
smile

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Be flexible smile

Chat with people as you go along, make a few mental notes or scribble on a map and do what takes your fancy - you will have the most wonderful adventures.

Don't get sucked into the all-too-common 'competitive' travelling - collecting ticks in a guide-book or striving to go to the most out-of-the-way places. Just chill when it feels right and move on if it doesn't.

Have a lovely trip - I wish I was adventuring again!

biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Don't worry it'll be fine! I was terrified setting off for Kenya, (to the point of worrying wether I'd come back alive!) but I had an amazing time!

Try and mingle with the locals and learn about their way of life. Just do what feels right for you and not what everyone else is doing.

Have a great time!!!!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
Written by: SONOFTKOF

noddy wants to work at asda

either that or bar work, i need cash for traveling!

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
I am thinking of going back to Japan later on this year. i had a look at my finances and i think i can do it.

Unfortunately my workplace is a company of only three people. so i cant be gone long

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Hello...
I've just PM'ed you a big list of things to go and see in South Africa. A friend of mine is over there at the moment and asked me to write some suggestions for her. I thought I'd mention it here incase anybody else wanted a copy......?

Anyone...?

Anyway don't worry it'll be fine, don't stress out. Remember that it is your holiday as well as travelling so enjoy yourself! If you do start to worry about it simply forward your tickets to me and I'll go and tell you what it was like!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

DominoSILVER Member
757 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone. Not sure how this thread came out in the sunlight again, it's been buried a while but I see I should update it.

I've now finished South Africa (in that I've left, there's still loads more for me to see and do there). I'm now in Sydney and will be fliying up to Cairns soonish, then working my way down (ovcer the next two months) to the coast to Byron Bay and then back up to Brisbane.

Thanks for all the advice and anything you wonderful people have for the next leg(s) is more than welcome biggrin

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
If you turn your pants inside out you can wear them for 2 days without washing xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.