Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
I lit up!

On Sunday, at our usual conflag confab, with Penelope's poi... Or they might've been Sara's, i couldn't swear to it...

The fire was gettin frisky that evening, Sara burned her hands (pain, no longterm damage, we think and hope) when her firefingers stuck together and the overlarge wicks sent heat down the wires to her poor sad fingers. Two very skilled spinners had their chains tangle to where they had to put out their poi to undo them, and one person had some unexpected firespray from his staff...
Anyway, i'd been thinking to wait til i had my own wicks before lighting up. For some reason seeing Sara in so much pain really made me want to light up. Kind of backwards, i know, but i'm often that way. It occured to me that it doesn't matter if i have my own wicks, because spinning is not something i came up with myself, it's something i got from other people. Clearly, i was not expecting to spin, or would've worn something closefitting and black (no snagging or smudges) rather than the pleated white shorts and bubblegum pink tshirt *laughing* ...
It went perfectly. I stuck to things i know i can do, and just about the time i ran out of moves, i ran out of fire... The things i noticed were that i couldn't see what i was doing, i was just watching my hands, and that i couldn't hear the drummers at all... just the wooshy sound of burning fuel.
It was great, i love it, i'll be doing more...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
Wow, that sounds awesome. i can't wait till i'm good enough to do that. hey
Madam Lynx ,
What is your favorite poi move, or trick as it were.

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
Okay, sorry i asked. Not a lot of people awake right now, huh?

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
A little hard to decide...
i like the weaves a lot, but the Mexican Wave into a Corkscrew looks pretty sweet.
I think really my favorite move is whatever one i just figured out at any given moment.

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!