Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
right,

i wanna get a pentagram tattoo, i've been thinking about it four bout a year and scouring eveywhere to find a good one.

the thing is, i'm getting it for 'spiritual' reasons. I want something that includes all the elements on it, bt something that looks nice too, but not too gothic - it's supposed to mean something!

i'm so stuck!
here's some pics that i like, but none of them are anything i want on their own...

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

oh, and also, i don't want any colour on it - it has to be all black.

anyone has any ideas - let me know!

thanks!

Tao

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
You seem to have a pretty good idea of what you want, and youve got all of the above for inspiration, so design your own?

Maybe certain lines of the pentagram could be styalised to look like the elements, ie one of the lines insted of being straight is wavey like the sea to symbolise water and so on.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
As Flame Boy says, you have a good idea of what you want so sketch some stuff out, then have an arty friend have a go at it if you're not 100% on the design yourself.

I say go for something like the top one, obviously without the colour. I think it looks much better than the other ones which incorporate the elements above, although my personal fave is the 3rd one down.

Good luck! Where are you thinking of getting it, if you don't mind me asking? (as in on you, not which tattoo shop!)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I see no pictures...........

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

FacelessjokerBRONZE Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
me either frown
But i used to want a pentagram tattoo. I wanted it done so it looked like it had ivy wrapped round it.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ok now I see pictures and mostly they have Celtic influences. How large do you want the tattoo and how detailed. In other words, I know you want it in on colour, but do you want it as simple as the second one down or are you looking at having line art as complicated as the last one?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
what aboput like the top one with a pic of the elements in each point or the initial of each element in each point? but with no crcles. i like the 2nd one but try to design yourself one then its realy personal.

put on a pic if you choose to do it of what you choose!

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
i'm gettin it in the middle of my back at the top.

i've done so many designs my heads spinnin! but i haven't seen anything i could live with yet...

strong-bad pop up book,

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I really really like the top one, and I reckon that if you just took the star part and the fillings of each tip (and with a spiral in the middle!), removing the colours. I'd consider getting that myself, except it would look odd next to my other tats.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
i really like the 5th one because it's relatively simple, not sure how it would like in black and white though. i hope that you find something you really like.

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
I like the one with the green background biggrin

A friend of mine likes to use my arm as a canvas and he often draws pentagrams, but instead of putting pictures of the elements at each point, he puts Anglo-Saxon runes. They're simple in design, but really lovely. I'll see if I can take a picture of one this week for you, if you like. smile

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hey there wave

i would personally probably go for the second one! it's simple and beautiful! smile

there's my two cents! i hope you find a tattoo soon!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
that very bottom one is beautiful.
sunny clap bounce bounce2 bounce clap sunny

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

shen shuiSILVER Member
1,799 posts

Posted:
in china, the five elements are wood, fire, earth, metal, water.

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
keep in mind that a tattoo is "forever", so once it's on, it's on. So, umm... Pick wisely?

Look at them, and take them to the tattoo place, and tell them "I want this out of here, that out of there, and this out of that." and more than likely, they can do it. That's what they did with my yin-yang paws.

Socks

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ok, here's my best design so far...

Non-Https Image Link

not what i want to get quite yet, but i did it myself which is important, and it's got all the elements i want on it...

strong-bad pop up book,

shen shuiSILVER Member
1,799 posts

Posted:
i think this one is really cool.
yay!

i'd do the hug graemlin if i could be bothered opening them up, but i cant be...
even though it would've been quicker than typing these two lines out...
go figure...
i still like it, anyway....