KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
My birthday is comin up soon yaaay, but the problem with my birthday its the same day my gran died, and she was way more popular than me in my family so when i get my bday cake it will no doubt have some note to gran on it, yaay for my birthday lol.

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
major bummer! but anyone who put a reminder of someone's death on a birthday cake in my family would seriously be given a good what for by just about everyone.

Did your gran die recently? last year? if so, it will probably get better in a couple years.

my sister has the sameproblem with her birthday and my father's death - but it only affected her for a few years.

Your gran wouldn't want you to be sad on your birthday.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
maybe tell your family u understand and respect the fact that it is the anniversary of your grans death but it is your bithday and you would appreciate if even for just the celebration part it could just be about you? im sure they'd understand if you told them how important it is to you

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'm thinking I agree with Will. Tell them that you can still acknowledge her anniversary but maybe suggest a different way?

I'm going to be 18 this year... kind of scary actually

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm kind of guessing if your Granny was so well loved a better way to remember her on the day she passed away is to celebrate life. Her life and yours! I'm sure such a well loved person would hate the thought of people being upset over the loss of her on your birthday. I bet she would much rather you party and remember all the good times you spent with her and looked forward to all the fun you can have in your life. Rememberance of a loved one and having fun do not have to be exclusive activities. They can be combined. I always smile and raise a glass to my Dad on my birthday, for without him I wouldn't be here or who I am today.

FireBug, I hope you have a fabulous Birthday! FireBug's Granny, I raise a glass to you for making it possible for firebug being on this earth!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!