Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > AUDITIONS for SANGRE DEL SOL fire troupe [members of former Tantien]

Login/Join to Participate

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
                                 Sangre del Sol

is having tryouts in Austin, TX!

This dynamic group of dancers and performers is looking for 1 new member experienced in fire play AND bellydance or Indian dance, to join the core group.

We are also auditioning for SPECIALTY ACTS to be performed in our upcoming spring and fall shows.  So get your act together and come out to play!

Tryouts/Auditions 

Date: Sunday, February 27, 2005

Time: TBA with rsvp

Guideline for specialty act auditions:

We are looking for ANY amazing, amusing, interesting, and/or novel 3-5 minute act to be showcased in our upcoming spring and fall performances.  We are NOT looking for fire performers unless you have something very different from what we do already. We DO want stilt walkers, acrobats, unicyclists, magicians, puppeteers, jugglers, magicians, dancers, actors, hula, mimes.......?????

*  Come prepared to demonstrate your entire act (3-5min) in costume, including any props

necessary.   Sound system will be provided (CD only).

*   Bring a photograph of yourself to be attached to a personal info sheet which you will fill out upon arrival.

*   Chosen acts will be required to attend several dress rehearsals when the time comes.

*  Chosen acts will receive a % of the shows earnings.

Guideline for member tryout:

We are looking for a good woman to join our troupe who is creative, fun to work with and can meet all the requirements listed below.  Each member of the Troupe donates their time freely to rehearsals leading up to several public performances in the spring and fall.  This is a 'do it because you love it' project.  Profits from these shows will be divided up by % with some of the profit going into the Troupe Fund and also to the occasional local charity.

The vibration of our performances is one of mysticism, magic, celebration, healing and honoring the elements and the arts with respect to all forms of life and beliefs.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, please continue!

Member tryout musts:

*  Applicant MUST be experienced in fire play (poi, staff, knowledge of fuels, etc..) with due respect to safety and handling.

*  Applicant must ALSO have experience in bellydance and/or Indian dance technique.

*  Must have stamina and the ability to pick up easily on choreography.

*  Must be available for rehearsals 2 nights a week (tba), flexible hours, plus additional rehearsals/meetings during crunch time (before shows).

*  Must commit to at least 1yr.

*  Public performances will usually be held on weekends in the spring and fall.  You must be available for those shows.

*  Must be able to go on possible out of town trips for up to 3 wks to do shows.

*  Be able to come up with appropriate costuming attire.

*   Be easy going, willing to co-create, and focused.  Leave the drama at home.

If you can meet All of these requirements, then the next step is to tryout!

For member audition:

*  Prepare a 3-4 minute demonstration with fire, whatever you do best.  A safety person will be onsite as well as sound for music (CD).

*  We will be looking for how you handle the fire as well as dance technique and performance/stage presence.

*  Costuming is a plus!

* Bring a photo of yourself to be attached to a personal info sheet which you will fill out upon arrival.

Please RSVP  if you plan to audition for either or both acts with your name, contact info and what you're auditioning for, to  mystikfyrie99@yahoo.com.

If you have any questions, contact the above email address.

Thanks and good luck!

Members of

Sangre del Sol

Fire dance Troupe

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Care to fly me over? wink I meet all the other criteria for the bellydancing fire artist!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
AAAARGH! You'd be perfect too! Someday soon, not to worry... my empire shall assimilate all.

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
my belly dances... but mostly by itself, entirely independent of me....

umm

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
*snigger*

good luck arashi hug
(you are not forgotten my friend - be in touch soon)

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
*bump*

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
*bumparoo*