Forums > Social Chat > flash fire - vindictive blood-sucker?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I just received a PM by a new member telling me that I am vindictive, mocking and should hone my raw talent into being a lawyer or some other bloodsucking thing.

I realise that I haven't been as nice on the boards for the last 6 months, and I must admit that I sometimes struggle with the multitude of personalities on Home of Poi and may come across as unnecessarily harsh.

So, I put it to all of you who put up with me on a frequent basis - have I turned into the mean moderator? Do I present myself in a way which indicates that it is time I handed in my resignation?

Please note that this in no way reflects the thoughts/feelings of site admin or any other mods.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Enough of the licky-bum-bum-sucky-up-posts!!! wink I know you far too well and now is the time to dish the dirt!! wink

The problem with you, Mistress-Flash, is that you care far too much about this place. So you do your job. And you do it with flair and a little flourish that is just you. And it ain't always gonna win you friends.

The people here are fairly varied, and whilst some may be immature, there are going to be times when you even offend the mature ones. This is simply because no one can be in agreement the whole time.

You are also gonna push buttons, even with the even-tempered and calm HoPPers. This is because you can't predict what will affect some people, and also you have all the usual yuk involved in communicating just in text.

When we first met in person, I found you scary, and I think you found me a bit weird and freaky too. But we became friends and got to know one another a lot better.

You will become friends with some people on HoP. But some you will just have to deal with cos it is your job. And they don't have to like it, and you don't have to like them. Just be as fair and even-handed as it is possible for one normal human being (with thoughts and feelings) to be. smile

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think you are perfect.

and obviously, as im so important, you will know my opinion is the only one that counts, so you dont need to listen to anyone else.

wink

hug2

Can the Mods or Admins tell which answer each member voted for? umm ubbangel

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I dunno Jon? You reckon they can tell who the secret posters are too?

oops! ubbangel

Let's relight this forum ubblove

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
secret posters?

where?

how many users named 'unregistered' have over 7000 posts?

just our little jonnny angelblue

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Exactly.

unless someone called Unregistered has created another Word association game and posted over 7500 replies overnight....and somehow made the original one dissapear

wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
exactly! It could've be anyone ubbangel wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well... it couldn't be ANYONE.

They'd have to be Unregistered right? And clever to get all those posts up and down before anyone noticed. Well, if not clever, at least fast....

Unregistered, Clever, Or Fast.

Nope, nobody I know. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I think your great Flash, especially when getting my ex's of the site biggrin

Some may think you are harsh, i dont, and it seems the majority think the same, your great, but then again I like girls with attitude wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ditto what valura said...

you've never been nasty to me in anyway though... i'm feeling left out! wink

s'probably just a sign that anyone you have told off deserves it. without you mods the community on this site wouldn't be as nice as it is... i guess you guys are the ones that end up coming into contact with all the stupid little idiots that send people nasty pm's so we don't have too! thank you... smile hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Currently the poll has 11% saying Yes and 88% saying No. Wonder what happened to the other 1%? eek confused

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
6 yes and 46 no.

Somehow the poll thinks that 11.53% rounds down.

This is unacceptable. I want my money back.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
somtimes meen somtimes nice. you can be a bit on the harch side with some of the newbies they dont know any better took me quite a wile to get into this sight.

but on that i supose you need to be that is what modding is all about hummm im confused.??????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Thanks all so much for taking the time to let me know how you feel about me. I really appreciate it and will think on much you have said - Rozi, NYC, Valura I really value what you have said and think you're right on the money. But Rozi - you were actually scared of me when we first met?! *incredulous look on face* Can't imagine why.

My initial thoughts, on looking back on this thread, are that I do need to go a bit easier on the newbies, at least until they understand my tongue-in-cheek sense of humour and I should be a bit more gentle with people when I close their threads.

To those who have voted that I need to "reasses my role" and potentially resign from the position of moderater, I'd really appreciate some form of constructive criticism from you, or at least an explanation. I know that I gave the option (hence opening can-o-worms), but it's pointless telling me I suck as a moderator unless you can offer some points on which I can improve. On the other hand, if you just plain don't like me, then that's fine. I don't need an explanation. However, personal bias should not be a deciding factor when casting judgement. If that was the case, I'd have banned dozens of you ages ago tongue <- that was tongue-in-cheek humour, in case you were wondering.

Thanks again guys. I hereby proclaim, for the record, that I will try to be gentler and more tolerant.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'd also like to thank everyone who sent me PMs of love and support. biggrin It's people like you, yes even you UCOF, that keep me coming back!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yes, sweetie. You are a vindictive blood sucker.

But you're OUR vindictive blood sucker and we wouldn't have you any other way. hug2 wink

(Seriously...whoever sent that PM is the true mean-spirited blood sucker and YOU, my beautiful soul, are not any sort of a thing!) hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Does any one remember Pele's "Everyone Attack Pele" thread?

Had a similar spirit to this one.

Written by: flash fire

To those who have voted that I need to "reasses my role" and potentially resign from the position of moderater, I'd really appreciate some form of constructive criticism from you, or at least an explanation.

erm redface

one of them was possibly me. I think i pressed it by mistake the other day. But i can't be sure....

If it was then sorry!!!

Please don't hate me (any more than you do already)....

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Cool thing is... yes I can still vote! ubblol ubbloco ubblol ubbloco wink

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
thankx devil

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Just incase you haven't figured it out yet, young Patrick here keeps voting me out. At least 3 times now, I'd say... ? And the strange thing is, I don't find it any funnier than I did the first time round.... tongue

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
But I do! tongue

munkypunksGOLD Member
enthusiast, but not enthusiastic
367 posts

Posted:
I 'am' a lawyer, and I can assure you that vindictive and mocking are not necessarily traits that will get you far in this business. And the only blood I ever suck is my own, and that's usually to extract some sort of poison or prevent myself from bleeding on my clothes. So this person is misinformed in general, not just about your moderating abilities. wink

[] []

You can't fall off the floor, but sometimes you need a chair to reach the cookie jar.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Flashy was just covering for me since I was off galavanting around the countryside doing silly amounts of twirling and juggling and generally having a super awesome summer. After all, who was going to slap ppl about if I wasnt? Someone had to. Im sure she will chill out now that Im coming back into active duty.

Newbies beware.

wink

Josh

PS that was a joke.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hes lying its not a joke dont believe a word he says

*cringes out of fear of being hit yet again*

after all what sort of hippy would you be if you didnt slap ppl tongue

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heh heh threads like this never cease to surprise me about the gulf between how much a moderator thinks they are valued....and the truth.

M-WAH!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ZimBRONZE Member
Former Raver Invader... Not sure what i am now...
284 posts

Posted:
the only thing i know about flash fire is that the one time this.... THING spoke to me it was ANGRY, VINDICTIVE, and BLOOD-SUC- juuuuuuuuuust kidding biggrin

yeah i haven't had too much experience PERSONALLY with the flasher of fire... but from what i've seen the flaming flasher has definitely been chillaxed about most things. That being said, i feel that the flash of flames should not be removed from their RIGHTFUL position as the only real fire-slinging flashist in the HoP arena.

On that note i'm not sure if the right word to call the person who PM'd you is hilarious, or bastard.... but either way.... um... i think i'm gunna end this very unintelligent post...

thank you...
-much loved for the fired flashinator
~Z

Clean for 6 months and counting... ah yeah, that's nice.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Thanks Zim smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*Bump*

Look what I found!!

I'd thought I'd bring this up again in case you're getting tired of dealing with all our rants etc...

Well, it's a bit late, but they do say better late than never...

I think you do a wonderful job, and I for one like the way in which you moderate. Many would have lost their patience a LONG time ago.

clap hug ubblove

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Agreed. Flash, and all of the mods, do a fantastic job here and they must have the patience of a saint to deal with morons like me tongue I know I'd have ended up killing someone by now.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
redface I can't believe you bumped this thread! I was having a really bad week, or month or something....

I don't need to employ as much patience as you'd think when being a mod for HOP. You guys are fantastic, and whenever there is a contentious issue the vast majority of members here have the maturity to deal with it themselves and on the occassion that I do have to step in, people are generally very cooperative.

It's an honour working for you guys. Really, it is. smile kiss

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Wow... Flash locking the 2 year old, 5513 post legendary "either/or" thread that predates this current board and the 11787 post "what do you know about the hopper above" you was a bold move.

GIRL ON FIRE.

I'm tunin' in to see how this one ends. And I hope the bad girl wins....

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: