Forums > Other Toys > Maculele-Not fire related until now!

Login/Join to Participate

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Somepeople, namely anybody who has ever heard of capoeira will know off maculele a brazilian/portuguese knife dance/fight relating to the history of a man from a brazilian village who slayed an entire army using solely cain knives, whether or not this is certified fact or not is kinda irrelevant. but what i have done is modified the cain knives so that the blades are on fire, the original affect was to have sparks flying but i thought that was just a litttle too i dunno non firey(bad choice of words) but yeah thats my new toy, i still do capoeira and traditional maculele but now i have something elese to expand my horizon with. any input or suggestions for improving this would be greatly appreciated.

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey FireBug24!
Some would argue that Maculele isn't even a part of Capoeira. So I don't agree that anyone who knows anything about Capoeira would know about Maculele. Even if its usually Capoeristas who do it.
My suggestion is that you never use a live blade, i.e., no edge to the blade. And that you do a search for Samoan Fire Knife, which might give you some suggestions.
Have you tried the dance with your Maculele sticks on fire? That can be a real eye opener.
And do you have a mestre to guide you?
Good Axe to you!
Cheers!
Patrick

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
modern maculele are not sharp!
maculele jogo has too many strikes to be compatible with the circular twirling of my style!
besides, i never advanced well enough to perform in the ceremony.

sauve!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
yeah i only tried maculele with the knives on fire once and that was with my mestre, he seemed pretty intrigued by the idea of performing it on fire but nevertheless prefers traditional maculele, obviously, but yeah thats fair enough i spose i wouldnt expect anything to change, how long have you been doin capoiera?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Unfortunately, some fools still dance with live blades! eek eek eek Although, they obviously were using less than modern implements! wink
Cheers!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
My first introduction to Capoeira was back in the '80s. I've trained on and off since then in Regional and Angola. But I wouldn't consider myself a Capoerista! I like it as a dance, but my focus has mainly been on realistic fighting when it comes to such things.
Cheers!

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
understandable, i mean gotta look out for numba 1 huh, i dont restrict myself to one style i try to get a broad perspective on self defence, i do hapkido, judo, and zen da kai, oh and boxing