Forums > Help! > Question about glow stick poi or LED light sticks

Login/Join to Participate

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
i am usually a fire poi and sock poi guy, but i was wondering what i should use as a cord to attach my double loop handle to some glow sticks without using a chain.

im looking for good alternatives

thanks

edit: actually to be more specific i bought a couple of these

https://www.neonhusky.com/Products/Streetlights.html

they havent arrived yet, but im looking for a way to sting them up, a secure way, at the moment im just thinking regular old string, but any recomendations are welcome

EDITED_BY: Spacecow00x (1105337772)

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
for my rig, i use key-rings to connect two streetlights together, and a key-ring with a swivel to attach them to my handles. so there's no string or chain, just two streetlights in each hand. be careful with these though -- they're pretty fragile. you might want to find a way to insulate them somehow -- mine are wrapped up in clear packing tape. looks ugly, but in dark conditions and with the lights going, they look just the same -- all you see is the lights.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

peles_paynimSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
ummm...did you buy single streetlights?...i get the quantum leashes and they come already attached in lengths of 2 lights with protective covers..you can buy them singly but if you add up the cost, it's only a couple of bucks more to have them arrive attached in lengths with their own handles

real eyes
realize
real lies

Spacecow00xSILVER Member
170 posts

Posted:
my streetlights came with the protective shell that they also sell with it, im just using my fire poi's chain and double loop from HOP, seems to work well. By the way these are awesome poi.

You've got the wings of a fallen angel
You offer peace if they praise your name
You live your life taking everything you can get
Look down, time to fly!

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
After doing a search on LED poi, these streetlights seem to come out pretty well...so, i checked out what they actually look like - and lo and behold they're exactly the same thing they sell in the local Pound Shop! Damn..knew i should have bought them all when i saw them...

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
just use smaller gauge ballchain. I use 10 gauge brass ball chain for glowsticks - light enough so the moment of intertial stays well out towards the glowstick poi heads, way more than strong enough for glow sticks, and it doesn't tangle and drive you insane every 30 seconds like string does.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!