:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
w00t fishtaily goodness

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
No one learnt any thing in a while? or are there just no names for the crazy stuff people are coming up with?

ummm, more continious stuff.
more matrixy stuff.
more doubles stuff, when ever i can get my hands on a pair
crossy fishtaily stuff, angely stuff, things like that

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
uber staff burn out. I reckon.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
will teach me for not being able to go then wont it frown

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
ooh just made my new fire staff and was playin for hours with it even did matrixe's w00t
and i only singed myself once
meg will u be at my party or play to teach me some cool stuff seing as i missed the chance at falmouth

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I got the shoulder rolls now, but i don't imagine anyone cares!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
good going, any step is one worth careing about!

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
I just learned an awesome new move... but I don't know what it's called, I sorta did it accidentally first then tried and tried to duplicate it... lol
It's an overhead pop, caught one-handed into a fingerspin from back to side then throw from the side and catch (the catch took me a while... lol)
Has this sequence got a name?

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Yeah baby staff on staff action big stylie in bournemouth last night and managed to swap hands keeping staffs crossed and balanced.
Giant devil sticky fun with fire...bring it on !!!
played with those prayer rolls strugz and dave showed me at Fal too.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
Picked up a staff and had a good play for the fist time in ages got an arm lock btb transfer which is really ugly and pointless but I love it

Viva UGLY STAFF

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
a big thanks to strugz for showing me how easy contact staff is...if you can think of any more moves mate i'll show them too you the following week at the hobbit wink ubblol that back to front halo is gonna keep me going for a while i reacon.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mynci

a big thanks to strugz for showing me how easy contact staff is...i

easy ubblol when youve got continuos matrix into jesus / halos then you can say EASY ubbloco

Till then, your just a bloody annoyingly quick learner wink

5 beats of dual isolated fishtails now (with long sticks) ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol
you're easy dude...catch ya later... wink

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i've sort of learnt 3bt fishtails but they're still a bit dodgy, and i'm working on jesus's and turning halo roles

Villet13member
47 posts

Posted:
i didn't kno there were names for moves... o.O i am a tad bit confused.

I just started fire spinning about 3 months ago, i am okay but i need to make a new staff! If anyone has any tips for me please pm me or something please!

Villet xxxxx

Life is but a DREAM!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Nearly got that back to front halo jobby. (ta strugz) but find it easier going back to front to back...is that cheating??? and sussed forwards fishtails...bit tricky but another 20 mins practice should do it wink tongue

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Oh yes I am the sex!

I learnt fish tales, on a roof, in Morocco... This new staff I made rocks biggrin

Getting it out of the country will be a bitch tho methinks frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Villet13member
47 posts

Posted:
It wont! When my boyfriend went to china he brought back a samurai sword and didn't even get stopped!!!!

I love home made staffs! (I made one) They have a sort of sentimental feel to it. I think anyway!

Life is but a DREAM!

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
well it will be hard if it has fuel residue on though

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: jp sir yoni

i've sort of learnt 3bt fishtails but they're still a bit dodgy, and i'm working on jesus's and turning halo roles

3bt fishtails?

Wha's that?
I didn't think fishtails were more than two beats... or you could say they infinite beats, i suppose... depends how long you can do them for...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
a normal fishtail is one beat, a fishtail with a thumb reach around is 2 beats, 3 beats can be achieved by lifting the arm up to get it to roll on the little finger side of the wrist, it makes alot more sense to see it though smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
depends on your beat system.

Steve was telling me they're actually 4 beats, because of the extra fishtail beat on the way back.

Anyway. Have I learned anything new? Not really, still trying to get continously vertically isolated bent arm matrixes. (possibly with anti-spin, if I can be bothered.)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i've got to see that

i've been doing them with the extra beat on the thumb then trying to bring it out behind me sort of using inverted fishtails

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Had a bit of success with steve's up outside of the arm and back down inside and my prayer rolls are getting tidy biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mynci

................ and my prayer rolls are getting tidy biggrin

unlike your flat eh, or should i say hooping workshed wink

ubblol

pedulem doubles (thanx mcp) into isolated dual fishtails - found the pattern now need to work on smoothness smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
well you know what your gonna have to do now you've learnt that........tach it to everyone at play (especially me)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
easy tiger wink you know i'm only home about twice a week and thats when the local spliff dispenser is sitting in his window

Tidying is WAY down on my list of priorities ubblol
anyway...got stuff for son of Vlad just need 30 miles of kevlar for his wicks rolleyes

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
mmmm dont know about that wink

gimme a head start and nail reverse fishtails in each hand real smooth................ then come and find me......... ill be the one with a video camera and a fine new stupid looking hat biggrin

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
well if you can by play i will track you down and ask if you can teach me the get told to piss off and go and find meg so she can teach me

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
is that the one in your vid? "stupid move anyway" (hands opposite directions) or both hands forward in a syncronic motion hmmm

Page: ...