BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
double butterfly steves to half matrix and neck wrap.

Start off doing a front side double butterfly steve then when the sticks get to your throat, turn 180 so one goes low into matrix (front side entry) and the other goes round your neck and both sticks go back up the outside of the arm they came down.

Strugz im stealing that one armed full steve idea for sure

"Don't do it naked!"

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
ok slightly over excited post there. Its not a half matrix and neck wrap, its an opposite shoulder half matrix and a carry. The neck wrap and matrix is possible but the timing is really difficult.
Bizarly its actually easier to do an opposite shoulder entry to matrix that a standard matrix cos it keeps the sticks away from each other more and reduces the chance of them colliding.

"Don't do it naked!"

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Angel, Halo, Steve, Snes 'es.

I like staff,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
shoulder wraps, as many variations as i could think of

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
I got the btb weave down, now if I could just get some consitincy with the steve I'd be feeling real good about my spinning.

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
conveyer belt with pivot. yay!

with doubles: simultaneous horizontal same direction belly wrap and neckwrap

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
ummm, fishtails, full steve, prayer steve, hands in pockets halo-jesus-halo, cleaner angel rolls, clean snes, and what ever that thing was we did at the workshop - like a steve but no spin, goes palm to palm. still cant do second half of matrix tho......

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
some twisty doubles thing strugz showed me when i asked how to do flowers ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yep. thats the 'olive thing'

and i learnt it too biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
is that REALLY what it's called? or are you pulling my leg... umm

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
well........ technically hes right,

Olive was the fist dude i saw do this uber cleanly, at uberstaff all that time ago.

However it certanly falls into the flowers catagorey...... olive flowers maybe biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
err, fishtails again, this time with arm propeller (in front - behind is scary [censored]) on r arm only.
got rid of the mini throws for aforementioned 3 beat fishtail, constant contact now (on right anyways)
getting there on the jesus front, started playing with under the armpit entrances/exits - theres lots to do here with doubles!
halo while passing the other staff hand to hand over head windmill stylee. (somehow works!)
one day i'll be able to remember all these little bits and make them flo, a few more years practice maybe? :sigh:

acidchildBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
Foot stalls and foot stalls to btb chatch

Too many secerets are locked in side your minds, but your all equal in life, equal in love. your all building castels in the sky dreaming of a better world.

Kooothormember
129 posts

Posted:
thumb fish tail

Kooothor , French Crew
~~~~
i'm in your kitchen, drinkin' your milk

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
strugz when there is guildford on can you PM me please?

would be good to come along and play with people again.

not that playing in the back garden with my uni mates isnt fun

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
hi just learned angel rolls XD cant do them all the time cos it keeps falling off my arm as it comes down it after the neck part need to practace i guess

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
super-spin head spins. ubbloco

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
cool when i do angel rolls should i move my second arm back so the staf doesnt fall off

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
yes, and turn with the staff as it is vertical at your neck so it goes over your shoulder and onto your arm.

"Don't do it naked!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Kinda like sandys avatar wink

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
@ Sandy- Just been re-reading this thread and I'd completely missed all your doubles stuff! eek

See you soon!

biggrin

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

329 posts

Posted:
Apologies for the crap name...

Orecul's{Oracle's?}- Reverse Lucero's! In the same way that Lucero's are halo's joined with half-fishtails at the shoulder Orecul's are the front-side portion of a jesus joined with half-fishtails at the shoulder.

In Lucero's you tend to scoop under the staff with your shoulder when doing the half-fishtail portion. In Orecul's you hook the staff down with your chin.

And apologies if this has been discussed before...

...Ah, upon checking I seem to have rediscovered a move I've mentioned before in this thread. At least this time I gave it a proper name...

redface
EDITED_BY: Chrono333 (1166379515)

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Chrono - fecking Nice smile

ive tried that, the therory works in my head but sadley even with practice i still cant get close......

Looking 4wd to xmas where you can show me ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

329 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but I still can't do a proper jesus roll. Go figure. meditate And I have this desire to call jesus rolls "Nazarene's", like I'm some satanic comic book character....

Want to talk about new stuff, but it's too hard. And I'm making a video.

biggrin

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ok, so the other day *wind blows through as tom step into the staff forum for the first time in years*

ok so the other day, meg taught me the continious steve thing, the elbow lift and Lucero's.

more please! biggrin

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Whoooooo! Nx is back - WITH a stick ubbrollsmile

Dude - you were like a pioneer round here yeas ago..... nice to have you back biggrin

Staffage sessions a plenty over xmas / new year bounce

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
indeed! Nx should defo play more with sticks, poi and contact, and less with the dreaded juggling....

I suppose it's a new move if you do continuous pivots (conveyor belt to halo to conveyor belt etc.) but replace the conveyor belt with a front angel roll? (the one that goes over your throat, not the proper one sandy can do.)

Then it becomes like continuous turning one way angel rolls, but alternating the halo with a throat wrap in the middle of the angel rolls.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

329 posts

Posted:
Ouch! Tried this and it works, sometimes.... Very nice! smile

Oh but my post about reverse lucero's is censored . It's not a reverse lucero though I'm fairly certain I now know what reverse lucero's actually is.... I'll need (help)to think that through.

Depends what you mean by reverse. Depends what you mean by lucero. Not really sure.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
hmm nice idea meg ill try that when i get home.

New one for me: turning SNES stall straight to half matrix front side stall back to reverse matrix.

I like this move but i almost feel like im cheating cos my new staff makes matrix's so easy biggrin

"Don't do it naked!"

Page: ......