:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chronofracture333

What exactly is the difference (for you!) between a frontside halo and a frontside lucero Mynci?

I ask because lucero's (to me!) are halos linked with half-fishtails at the shoulder/neck. So frontside luceros are frontside halos linked with half-fishtails at the shoulder/neck.

For me your sequence would be: Throat wrap - frontside forwards lucero's

since the first thing you have to do after the neck wrap is a half-fishtail at the shoulder to take it into the (FS)halo.

I'm still having problems with forwards luceros and reverse (FS)Luceros. Why is just reversing these moves so hard?

confused

My frontside halo is I suppose half a jesus, I do the throat wrap, turn, then another beat on chest THEN either trap and reverse on the throat or as Rob pointed out to me monday a frontside lucero... it's all about which side of my neck the staff is on when I do the third turning chest beat. because the entry is always from my right when I try this..

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Yes, that makes total sense. It only becomes a FSide lucero if you do the second shoulder half-fistail. Thank you!

smile

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

329 posts

Posted:
Reverse B-side lucero : vertical neck propeller : reverse B-side lucero : vertical neck propeller : .....

Feels really nice. smile

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

329 posts

Posted:
Just having a bit of a play and remembered that with the staff in a shoulder lock you can do horizontal fishtails by bending 90 degrees at the waist (forwards or backwards). Obviously needs a short staff or an off-center grip. The same is true of corkscrews with an elbow grip.

Both fit into steves really nicely.

329 posts

Posted:
Baton goodness

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
er. richee? can you rename this thread

'Staff stuff'

or something, cause it certainly isn't what it says on the tin.

and I STILL want an explanation of levels. cause i learnt that 3 years ago, but i don't feel like i'm gonna be 3 years above baton level 3...?

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

329 posts

Posted:
Oops! sorry, perhaps should have said I got that video to illustrate the move you mentioned....

Written by: Bluecat

been thinking a little this morning about elbowangel luceros.

.... Are they not what you were thinking of?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
no, not them. i was thinking of elbow trap ones, that meg does (i think you said)

*stamps foot, throws toys out of pram* tell me about the levels!!!!!!!!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
they don't have to be a trap, thou it is certainly easier to learn them like that. They can be a proper half forward fishtail at the elbow.

Yay! Toys all over the floor! Can of worms = OPEN! WOOOoooooooooooOOOooOoooOOOOoo!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Need a cool name for this -
Spin it horizontally round on the back of your neck, let it roll down you back, onto your side, down your leg, then catch it between your foot and knee and flick it up just as you would from off the floor biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
i call that a waterfall roll or most of a full body roll. You can also do that one with a matrix entry. Easier than a matrix cos you dont need to get it right round onto your front just let it roll down your body.
Also if you roll it down your body to your front you can catch it with your crotch (lift your left leg if its coming from the right) and stall it to roll down your leg in the other direction.
There is also drews oooold skool move where you drop your shoulder and roll it down your body from over your shoulder (its in drew and staff, there will be a link around somewhere if you havnt seen it already)

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
angel roll to btb fishtail transfer to other hand to angel roll etc...

btb fishtail pass continuously is also kinda zilly fun.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
isn't that a lynx? tongue

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
no, i dont believe it is oh knowlegable one wink

forward weave left hand - blind throw in a line behind the head.. catch in right hand reverse fishtail....... angleroll (better with multile beat) back to the left hand.

The words your looking for is "dam sexy"

or dam hard - i tried this lunch time and got 1 out of about 20 ubblol

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
i thought a lynx was like a kick out with a turn?

ooh shiny meg gonna try that.

Damn you ultimate rolls! why do you taunt me so? i can reliably get down to halfway through the twister bit but it stubornly refuses to get onto my back and will occasionally hit me in the side of the head just to infuriate me further.

"Don't do it naked!"

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
the move that flame boy mentioned is a lynx, no? tongue

awesome manoova strugz.

*wishes he had sticks in the office*
ubbidea

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
*Mynci's a bit slow*
just watched that video of the full-neck-anti-wrap that chrono did.
is the staff basically making a triangular circuit of the head on 3 points of contact? it didn't look to be a full beat on the chest...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
last night - the Origami wink
and some elbow fishtails biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
dam you tongue everytime you see me you take something........ ubblol

saying that - i do too, thanks for the pointer on butterfly, doubles, double jesus........ its hard to know what going from my point of view! ubblol

sweet evening tho - nice to join you in the gutter again mynci.... wink
i wonder if simon made it home! if i was him, id still be in a lay-by ubbangel

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Darn it... I should've come shouldn't I...
Mind you, got lots of editting done (I was good for a change)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

dam you tongue everytime you see me you take something........ ubblol

saying that - i do too, thanks for the pointer on butterfly, doubles, double jesus........ its hard to know what going from my point of view! ubblol

sweet evening tho - nice to join you in the gutter again mynci.... wink
i wonder if simon made it home! if i was him, id still be in a lay-by ubbangel

ubblol

well I do try wink bad bad man ubblol I think Simons OK terrible to think that guy is the navigator for a fire engine for his day job ubblol

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Horizontal:

Palmspin & fishtale
Front & back forearm
Front & back arm
Shoulder & armpit

lightinng,

POI THEO(R)IST

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
woooo! my first time ever! Got a ultimate roll. Wasnt very clean but i got it from hand to hand all the way round through the legs so im counting it biggrin

Also, cant remember if i posted this before but i was working on a vertical matrix again today and managed some progress. You need to turn at the right time so it kinda lifts the staff and then lean back to catch the staff on your shoulder / throat fairly quickly.

Mind you, having played with it a bit im not really sure of the value of the move apart from in its geeky sense. Its not that attractive and just kinda looks like a snes and a front side snes with wild arm propellors umm

"Don't do it naked!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ok got butterfly weave last night with doubles.... not the retarded crossed arm version strugz showed me but the nice simple version that's on megs wonderful doubles tutorial thread wink
Also learned I cannot hoop for hell ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
crossed arm version is sooo much more versitile tongue

anyhow mynci - you still behind! i learnt that i could hoop for shite years ago! wink

ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol I can do a really nice clown act with a hoop wink oh and apologies for the text I sent you yesterday... dunc was wrong not you rolleyes

also did my first angel rolll to angel roll (turning)
and
fishtail (righthand) to halo to fishtail (left hand) to halo ...
should have practiced that a while ago... but I've been sloppy.

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
Ok guys, just admit it.
The secret to Fishtails is superglue right?

umm

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
afraid not dude......... i found them easier with a heavier stick to start with...... becaue it moves slower and makes your arm less eratic, giving you time to understand what your doing, slowness is the key wink and concentrate on reverse ones - they sit in your wrist better and are easier to control smile

Just keep going, you willl get there, if not just do what 2bags does and use cellotape ubblol

biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
eek what.. that's not what you told me Strugz... all this time I've been using glue and peeling off when no one was looking....

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Going back a bit (not far, just up the page) - whats a lynx roll and whats an ultimate roll and is what I mentioned in my last post a waterfall roll?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Page: ......