BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I've seen strugz doing it and he is being VERY modest.

nice move dude... now If I could only cut off your arms and graft them onto myself.....

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
strugznelll!

This is the [censored]! Ahhh it's like a breath of fresh air, a doubles contact move that they're both actually contacted at once! Yay! (dual fishtails don't count, cos they're ghey)

First few times when I was trying to get the timing were like: Nahhhhhhh, this is harrrddddddd.... then after a few more it was like... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... then it was like HOLYMOTHEROFGODINHEAVEN! this is the SEX! I only managed like two pivots, so like 1 of the move in total, but it is in fact, the sex.

screw three quarter length grip isolations and anti-spin, screw hybrids, screw fishtail flowers, screw pendulums at the shoulders, screw polyrhythm, screw dance, screw staff on staff contact and screw flow, this is the COOL.

Thanks strugz, plus the hand advice really works, you really need to get rid of that staff early to get your shoulder back to catch the halo.

Now I just neew long doubles, oh helllooooo mr flowtoys staffs I brought back from america...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin

That be full on proper hardcore doubles contact cool

I knew youd pull it off smile and by the sounds of your above post - you too know its the best feeling in the world when you get it biggrin

Now what i want to see (which i cant do properly and i know you can) is butterfly fishtails (as gay as they are wink) into a few of these.... back to fishtails.

Meg if you pull that off and show me at PLAY........... well, id be like ubblovekiss ubblove

Now tell me more about this mr flowtoys chap and the stix he makes smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well, you'll probably see em at play... They're not that exciting, but are three piece...

now all you have to do is the doubles pivot thing, with the one two three exercise you mentioned earlier... ubbloco biggrin

butterfly fishtails could work though... since it starts out of reverse... just have to find out what timing it is... going back into them will be a bitch thou...

why do I have to work? Why can't I just spin all day? frown

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
know the feeling Meg - its well sunny outside today too..... frown

as for the 1 2 3 excerise, ubblol i rekon 2 and 1 is possible but going from elbow to elbow with doubles.........

now that would be tastey biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
im talking crap: from sametime dual bfly fishtails, not splittime.

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Bwaha! I'm finally starting to get a bit of a groove down with doubles!! Yay!

Peace,
- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I just spilled water on my computer...:( not on monitor, or my keyboard, but actually on my harddrive... frown It's making a funny noisenow, but hopefully it'll day out and be fine tomorrow. Like my old monitor was when I spilled water on it. Till it exploded.

frown

anyway, contact weave with your hands in anti-prayer (!) smile sorry about the name, I just mean with the back of your hands together, not the palms.

and I'm sick of anti-spin. tis time for some anti-stalls, anti-wraps, ant-rolls and anti-steps.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i'm rubbish at throws.

does that make me anti-antti?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

watching too much contact juggling means you want to do really stupid things with a staff. prayer steve with your hands back to back, which is also realy nice hand position to do the extra rotation in there. trying to do a 'bridge' with a steve, which is the weird ass CJ move where you look like your trying to stop the ceiling fall down onto you. Don't know the correct name for it. but it's fun.

You know, I always though the bridge and the Steve were one and the same... At least, there is a version of the bridge that is the same as the steve...

But ooh... variations... you got me thinking now... but I don't have a staff...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
so it is called a bridge then? OooOOOO

yes, and contact is antti-tommi.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I managed a couple of beats of a foot fishtail yesterday.

**Looks chuffed after finally working out pointless trick**
biggrin

3,149 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

anti-wraps

i remember showing you my antiwrap elbow wrist wrist elbow in Highgate, first time i met you.

it's not very nice. kind of looks like i'm having a fit.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
If I do it, and it look slike you're having a fit. It kinda makes me want to learn it.. ;p

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Just pulled off my first prayer steve .. yay.. Contact stuff is startin to come together.. Still need to learn how to control some of the neck wrap/shoulder trap/back spin stuffs, the control portion of it still kinda boggles me.

Doubles has basic throw w/btb pass, basic 2 staff showers, antispin in front (I think) with halo pass behind, and some fun butterfly stuffs.

Thanks meg smile. This is starting to be more fun and less pain :P.

Peace,

- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ok....

started single staff fun last night again smile

Managed a lovely little combo:

Conveyor pivot 3,2,1 - into revese fishtail (slight carry over to get into this direction) - normal converyor - forward fishtail - carry over to reverse - into angel roll - into forward fishtail - back to conveyor.

ubbangel

man this could go on for ages.

My next post will be all about spinny spinny stuff just for simian wink

hug

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh dude! You're braver than I! Be prepared for all those pram toys to rain down on your head... wink ( hug for simian )

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I learned alot of wierd sh*t in the last few weeks. Alot of pendelums, stalls, stops, axis rolls and weird mutant thumb variations.

Maybe simian or tim can help describe what i was at.

Its funny, i had a whole week of massive learning and improv and now that im home i've forgotten most of it. I think i learned more of a new concept of spinning than a trick... and one that doesnt fit into that other 'three styles' thread either. I love it, and i finally feel like l learned something all by myself.

and man, do angel rolls rock or what...

beerchug

Love is the law.

3,149 posts

Posted:
thanks to imakokode & meast, i've now gotten wheel plane antispin figure 8's with a lovely over the head beat (aka 'french style'), with doubles and poi.

see? i have to go all the way to other countries to find people that spin staffs in interesting ways! tongue

of course, it's EASY, and it's not spinning because it's antispin which means it's NOT NORMAL, but hey, i like it.

speaking of which... imakokode's kick ass antispin article

3,149 posts

Posted:
ado, was loving your style. It was a bit like "European" or "Poncing" staff, but a little more rugged and manly.

Also, i forgot to get you to teach me proper burn offs. Book me in for a lesson at EJC smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
**throws all of simian toys out of his pram**

hahahah now you have nothing to play with! - well apart from yourself, but im guessing as we ae both in your pram that you are way to young for that anyway wink

my reason for the ejection of all your toys, well because you got to spin with imakode and meast ubbloco

the french cool kids of staff *daydreamsmiley*

cool

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'm going to make you eat your pram!

Anyway, that's doubles dude! I was talking about single staff.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

ok ok, i got it........ a new breakthtrough in spinnyness, you spinn the staff clockwise, then turn then spin, high and low, over your head, through your legs, spiny spinny spin, oh and then you turn again, make some flowers, give them to simian as he may be upset........

Dont know from that point, got bored, im off to play with some more contact wink

kiss

ubblol

3,149 posts

Posted:
 Written by: meg

same thing. Just with doubles there two of them shrug

Mr Strugnell: tongue

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin

on a more serious note - just read the antispin document - thanks muchly for that hug

3,149 posts

Posted:
see what i mean about the stars? Julian's are done with fingerspins, but you can spin them a bit like figure 8s (except a little more complicated, the pattern only repeats after twice round the star)

a doubles star (which is how i pronounced Duballstar for aaaaaages) is proving a bit tricky...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Stars ubblove i see exactly what you mean dude - surely they can be incorporated into the antispun weave? sort of, what about in the "T" shape with staffs - that could also be interesting

But to be honest - dont you think contact stars would be way cooler wink

Keep up your marvelous work my friend smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simian

Written by: meg

same thing. Just with doubles there two of them shrug

okaaaaayyyy, is that irony? Cos that sounds like something I would say...

Ice7771BRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Hi there everyboday *waves*
How do you do prayer steves? I've only recently managed to pull off a static steve and a ....normal...steve, although it's sketchy at best. I'll just have to keep working on them.

KJ

Banana Banana Banana Terracotta
Banana Terracotta Terracotta PIE!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Bust out a normal steve, then put your hands together and pray!

biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Page: ......