BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Dude, I didn't thrust retardedness upon you, you achieved retardedness all by yourself. biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i think it was genetically pre-ordained wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

coming from the guy who names implies

"when he walks he looks like his ass is chewing a toffee"

wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cheers biggrin that sounds like a compliment ubblol

I never knew you watched my arse when I walked and thought it looked like 2 eggs in a hanky wink

or do you mean you can see my tail tongue

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Is that what you call it? tongue

At least you didn't bear your builder's bum to all and sundry in one of Meg's videos - eh Strugz? tongue

Horizontal crossed-arm elbow-spin conveyour belt-ish thingymebobbins... (Like *I* know what it's called!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
trust you to notice Neon, all that phatt stick action and you concentrate on a badly shaped arse........ no wonder your staff improvement is slow wink

Mynci - yes it was a compliment ubblol

But with an arse that big - its hard not to notice ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
so I think the chest wrap / back wrap is a new substitutable in any move that can have a substitution in it.

neck wrap :: chest halo :: chest wrap
throat wrap :: halo :: back wrap

(In the two groups above, any of the three can be replaced by any of the other in that group)

so by that logic, you should be able to substitute a back wrap into a standard angel roll.

So then there's the gay substitute matrix and the meast matrix.

now maybe you're thinking AH! The meast matrix, is a substituted matrix really, using a chest wrap instead of a throat wrap!

But you'd be wrong. The meast matrix never lets the staff get up onto the shoulder on the frontside, therefore, it doesn't qualify for substitution, cos it never gets to one of the substitution points.

So what the hell is the gay substitution matrix then? Well really, I have no idea, but I can imagine two possibilities:

You do the normal substitution of a halo roll for a throat wrap, then let the staff slide down your shoulder blade, and make it back wrap back across your back ( smile ) and then do the same side of the matrix you did to come into the substitution matrix again.

Or:

You do the matrix, and as it's coming up onto the front of the shoulder, from the back, you duck your head under the staff let it rotate over your shoulder, as if your going to immediately go back into the same side of the matrix, but instead, you do a back side turn, get a quick back wrap in, and the stop turning, and then shoeggle the staff into the otherside of the matrix.

... er, what was I talking about?

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

You do the normal substitution of a halo roll for a throat wrap, then let the staff slide down your shoulder blade, and make it back wrap back across your back ( smile ) and then do the same side of the matrix you did to come into the substitution matrix again.

You can imagine....... 2 ubblol i though i imagined this one ubbloco

Dam your gay, stealing my hard earned brain power, I blaim those retard lessons myself wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Strugz: you know what you are. And it begins with G.

Yeah alright, don't all rush at once. I noticed my own mistake.

Blatantly the chest wrap and the neck wrap / chest halo don't start in the same position, rendering my argument about the meast matrix not being a substitution matrix utter codswallop.

So is it.

And apparently now, you can substitute from any point around the shoulder. (With varying levels of difficulty.)

unfortunately this now makes the meast / hula matrix a 'gay matrix' which it totally isn't, since it's uber cool.

Yours unfortunately

meg

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
right last night (thanks Rob) I learnt some trammel stuff with doubles.

and a 3 staff cascade juggle using 2 people with continuous passes linked by behind the back spins, this will easily be converted to 4 (maybe even 5 staffs) as soon as I can teach simon how to juggle.
At the moment it's limited to 3 staffs but the variety is good as you treat each person like a hand I can see this turning into a lot of 3 ball juggling moves. biggrin (yay something I can do ubblol )

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
3D Pacman

ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Anti-spin gay jesus (non-turning) biggrin

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
dammit rob... I can only do the 2D pacman ubblol

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chronofracture333

Anti-spin gay jesus (non-turning) biggrin

What? confused

i get the gay jesus but how are you antispinning it?

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Well Jesus didn't surround himself with twelve sycophantic men for nothing... tongue

But yeah Will, serious get on Claudio's ass and making him film you doing these moves!!!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
I feel like such a mortal for being chuffed about finally being able to control the speed of my forward fishtails...

(I'm one of the freaks that can't do backwards ones frown )

I'm gonna go try and add extra beats on my shoulders in my (extremely sketchy) Steves, any tips from the gods (who are apparently all gay, except Neon)?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah, neon is straight. ubblol

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
damn strugz those btb H. angel rolls are sweet biggrin they fit into loads of really nice combos, my favourite is frontside min steve to btb H angel roll. Trying to get the beats down to a minimum is fun.

messing about with the leg steve i managed to do a leg steve and catch from exit of leg into normal steve. Now to make it continuous.

joe_47 try putting in turning halos /turning snes (same thing) in the middle of your steve. Basically when it gets to your shoulders start turning with it. waving your arms up and down when the staff gets to each shoulder helps and makes you look uber cool

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
out of interest sandy, when is an angel roll not BTB? (apart from when it's named 'front') tongue

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Well when its a minimum beat 2nd half steve for a start, it's above the shoulders not behind the back. confused

Anyways... Sandy, should have said the move is crappy planes but tending towards horizontal. Now bearing in mind the non-turning aspect of the move imagine your seeing it from above. 4 point antispin.

smile

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
piss off you know what i mean tongue wings thing or whatever.

i could call it a antispun min steve if you like but i feel that would only confuse matters

"Don't do it naked!"

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
i turn with it, gives a nice kind isolating effect on one end. Dont think the planes are crappy, they seem pretty nice cos you can go straight back into any other steve variant

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah but if you looked at it from the side, it would appear BTB, like the vertical angel roll is BTB.

I dunnoe about this non-turning version.

and when I say that, I mean I dunnoe what the hell it is, how is it different from a horizontal angel roll, or a four beat horizontal angel roll?

The second half of any full steve is some form of angel roll in my book. And my book is very strict. tongue

thou the horizontal angel rolls do have some interesting differences from the vertical versions. That could bear more thinking about. If people didn't keep confusing the issue with talk of minimal BTB anti-spun steves all the time.

I don't see this anti-spin thing either.

Surely a full minimal steve would semi isolate one end of the staff, then at the switch to the angel roll, semi isolate the other end of the staff? (as seen from above.) (on the same side the first end was isolated on ... which is now BTB)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oh, new posts appeared.

Well, when you're bored of talking about the technical details of contact staff moves online, you're bored of life. wink

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i'm bored of discussing the technical details of contact staff moves online.

*dies*

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

I dunnoe about this non-turning version.

and when I say that, I mean I dunnoe what the hell it is, how is it different from a horizontal angel roll, or a four beat horizontal angel roll?

The second half of any full steve is some form of angel roll in my book. And my book is very strict. tongue

you always turn a little with angel rolls (and dont say you dont cause ive just watched your routine at play and you do, so there). The horizontal angel roll can be done with arms infront or behind, both you have to turn a bit (more of a rock from side to side i suppose but whatever)

And how is the normal second half of a full steve an angel roll variant, it rolls with spin down your arms and wraps your throat. That's clearly just a front side steve.

I think ive got a lot of discussing contact on tinternet left in me before i die.

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm done talking... Lets play... cool

Oh bugger, I'm at work for another 1hr 30mins after leaving early to fetch my staffs from National Express who left them in the hold when they transfered luggage from one coach to another. Even more bugger... They didn't actally bring it on the coach they said it would be on. Which means my impromptu flexi-time was for sod all... B*stards... angry

Written by: Joe_47

beats on my shoulders in my (extremely sketchy) Steves, any tips from the gods (who are apparently all gay, except Neon)?

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

hug

Where did you get the crazy notion I was a God?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: -sandy-

you always turn a little with angel rolls (and dont say you dont cause ive just watched your routine at play and you do, so there). The horizontal angel roll can be done with arms infront or behind, both you have to turn a bit (more of a rock from side to side i suppose but whatever)

And how is the normal second half of a full steve an angel roll variant, it rolls with spin down your arms and wraps your throat. That's clearly just a front side steve.

I think there's a difference between actual turning and sticking your arm further behind you. But I'll grant you to do it with arms in plane with my body and not moving, I'd need to turn.

Well it's like this, do a normal horizontal angel roll, do the second half of a full steve. The only difference is the position of your arms (more in front from the steve) and that it substitutes a throat wrap for a halo roll. Therefore I reckon the second half of a steve is just a front angel roll. (yeah, my fake front angel roll, not your proper front angel roll.)

A front side steve would be a steve that goes over your chest. Like a steve which substitutes a chest halo for the neck wrap. Not like the second half of a full steve, which is entirely different. In my book.

But that's all just pissy chat about the naming of moves.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oh sorry: NEON IS STRAIGHT! ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's true - I spend an unhealthy amount of time online downloading videos of a certain 'Lady'... ubblove rolleyes

Page: ......