:R

POI THEO(R)IST

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
there's that wink smilie we were talking about

*tourettes* ubblol

I also sussed out last night that hoops are just bent staffs... ideal for contact biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubbangel

anyhow - after weekend with sandy - i have the theory of antispun steves - they are sweeeet.

Now for pratice smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
When did you have time for anti-spin Steves?
Was that between the 5th and 6th or the 9th and 10th pint? tongue

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
there is always time for antispin....... especially between pints....

and for the record it was between 1&2 - just before the workshop tongue

Not surpised you dont know when we had that conversation, as we were in the adults part of the bar ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i found out i know how to do a steve...i didn't know that until i watched the tutorials...wohoo

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
finally managed a dual fishtail flower.

ish.

with turning.

Okay fine. It was gay.

I'll get my coat.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
ubblove Thats actually the coolest thing I've heard for a while.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Okay fine. It was gay.

Written by: Chrono333

ubblove Thats actually the coolest thing I've heard for a while.

Yeh me too biggrin

wink

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
SEVEN ball flash biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

i am teh proes
EDITED_BY: Mr Majestik (1164704918)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
7 ball flash......... get outta here you stinkin juggler wink

biggrin

Come back when you 7 staff shower ubbloco

(nice one dude, i have touble with 3ballubblol)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Don't Lie strugz I taught you mills mess before Frodo could do it and last year in hastings I saw you juggle 4 wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
*ignores juggling comment* wink

Last night i learnt something new, i think its an old move in theory but a new one in practice - for me anyhow smile

Matrix, but the one that you duck your head under, at this point (say staff is going right to left) as it hits the left shoulder turn towards it and face the sky forcing it into a horizontal jesus, eventually exiting on the left ready to go round again smile

well........ almost anyway.

Thanks to Simon the fireman for this one smile

OH and i got antispun steves - however they are blaitantly just horizontal 4 beat angel rolls ubblol

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
i would learn some new [censored] like hand to foot to hand fishtails today, and they would be crazy as... its a shame my sticks are 20 miles away frown
whats the trick called when you do a normal steve and at the end it rolls back down the inside of your arm, across the throat and back up the inside of the other arm (to where the steve started) got those, but not continous frown
i know what your saying with those double angel rolls sandy, they're bastards. i cheat and take them off just after they hit the opposite shoulder.
also sandy, what do you mean by double steves? are they crossing at the neck or are the 2 stix running around together or are they running parralell? i'm trying them running together, then they tend to split to parralel, leaving one on the starting side of the neck while the other continues round (then nudge 2nd stick round after steve is complete)
got a side/body roll to leg trap to lynx like thing too, this roll to foot fishtail is on its way too (bruised tops of feet, ouch!)
enought of this waffle, i've got 1000's of words to write on bloody plants, not sticks!!!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Dude, that would be a "full" Steve, down one arm and up the other is only half smile

Sandy double steves are down inside arm and outside opposite arm at the same time, the staffs cross the neck front and back at the same time. Looks sweet and is damn hard.

Good work on ya foot fishies! there a bugger too!

ubbrollsmile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i did a happie contact thingy where it entres under the shoulder, then goes around the back of the neck while you do a 360. i was proud of it smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
ethnobot: Yea what strugz said. Also they can be done in butterfly where they cross on the same side of your neck, doing them frontside is easier than doing them parallel but doing them on the back (2 'normal' half steves in opposite directions) is waaaaay harder, so far this move has just lead to lots of smacking me in the lip, always in the same spot too.

Strugz: i think thats a substitution matrix, where you substitue the middle for a jesus. Fair play if you are getting it, its bloody difficult, ive only been able to substitute a halo so far.

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: -sandy-

so far this move has just lead to lots of smacking me in the lip, always in the same spot too.

Don't forget smacking the same bystander twice. Usually a Cantus... eek spank wink biggrin ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
That was a vertical minimum steve and an angel roll, entirly different move.
Im never gonna live that down am i? redface If it makes any difference its the only time i have ever hit anyone other than myself, shame it was such a nasty lump. I did offer cantus a free swing at my face as retribution, luckily hes a nice boy and didn't take me up on the offer.

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
there are worst things to be remembered for, and few better than hitting cantus hard in the face. ubblol

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
twice smile ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:

Im never gonna live that down am i? redface

Not if I have anything to do with it... devil Then again, it's not as if I have pictures... rolleyes

I did offer cantus a free swing at my face as retribution, luckily hes a nice boy and didn't take me up on the offer.

Nice boy? You should beware that Cantus does not attack with his fists. And he is merciless...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Indeed - he's not called "Cantus of the purple truncheon" for no reason

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I was actually thinking of his bitchy repetoire...

I have no idea what circles you hang out in that address him by that mantle!

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
i managed to write half an essay yesterday so i rewarded myself with a sppin. still no staves so am using some piping with broom handle weighting that i cobbled together yesterday, no grip or kevlar tho.
doubles:
behind the back stuffs cool, where you do like a 1 beat on the wrong side of your body with your arm behind back and then repeat on the otherside. whilst the other stik is doing simalr one beat things above head. this seems to be variable, with heads travelling together or split.
entrance into the above by haloing one stik and then taking it out with the same hand but under opposite armpit (behind back) i like this.
lots of turning and STANCE (STupid dANCE) putting extra beats in, stuff that feels wierd that i guess is antispin??
and i've almost worked out an entrance into that parrallell.stop.change direction thing without holding a beat with 1 stick. after this is sussed i'm gonna work on that weave and butterweave malarky.
Single stick - nothing much, but its crazy what you can do with a towel rail, grip and heavy ends help but difinately aren't essential smile
oh neon, sorry i didn't introduce myself proper in camden the other day, did you have a good spin? i couldn't make it in the end, too much to do in 36hrs in london!! i thought you were scouse or something anyway.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ethnobot

i thought you were scouse or something anyway.

ubblol

thas a good enough reason not to talk to him eh wink

ubblol

As for single beat high low stuff there is loads to be done with that, lots of triangles can be formed where end meets end, im loving that move at the moment too....... ties into antispin quite nicely also biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I can think of even more reasons not to talk to me tongue

Yeah it was good to see you although I never really thought about your HOP handle as I see that many people at meetsdon't even have a HOP account! It was a goof spin!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
1 - Got a 180 Halo (starting on right shoulder caught in left hand) while the other staff is thrown from left hand to right and taken round the body as you turn.
I come out of this with my arms crossed with the sticks parallel so you can go straight into whatever its called where you untangle your arms by the sticks spinning in the same direction then tangling in the opposite direction again.

2 - From a cross being held in front of me, horizontal staff goes down arm to being spun around on the neck with the other staff being passed around the body in either direction then with 2nd staff in original hand the 1st being sent back up the arm and around back into the cross.

3 - Doubles antispin flowers, only when both in the same direction tho, not tried in opposite directions yet.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
guildford was good.

One armed full steves........ and got it twice with doubles smile

I think thats what they are anyhooo - anti spun down inside of arm, beat at shoulder and back up outside your arm cool

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

One armed full steves........ and got it twice with doubles smile

nice.

fishtail to same shoulder (as if halo) then turn and roll back down the top of same arm into either back of hand spin/fishtail/both. this is a good one for smoking - leaves a hand free. biggrin
1/2 steves without the neck wrap, stopping/turning to have it just going back and forth on arms.

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
haven't got the hang of quoting whoops! only the first line above is quote.
after reading something in another thread (can't remeber which one) i've discovered extra beat fishtails, i do it as a mini throw at both front and back making 3 beats i think. the way it was described in the other thread was with propellers both front and back.

Page: ......