:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It is! To see what it looks like, look for Sebastien's videos tongue
It's pretty much a Sebastien signature move...

Yup... too much time! Plus i spent 3 days at a juggling convention. with at least 6 hours a day practicing. In terms of moves I've cracked how to get continuous angel rolls pretty much every time now and working with alot of minimal beat steves mixed with fei cha but now I'm kinda trying the whole 'no moves, just dance' style...

Without the assistance of the green... It's working!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
still not got into minimal steves, nearly cracked continous angel rolls

doing alot of matrix variations

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I taught Mr Majestik fishtails yesterday. He got them in less than two minutes...

B*stard... Either that or I'm a good teacher!

ubbcrying ... that's just not even fair... I'm sticking with the giving up methodology... contact and I haven't seen eye to eye thus far... I think we need to spend some time apart... see other people... find ourselves...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Contact works better without the dreads.... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
ditto

an unfortunate truth

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
*sigh* ... ye, I know... and it'd prolly work better without two arms-full of wristbands/bracelets and stuff, too...

but... but... butt... I'm not ready to lose the hair yet... and I've grown rather attached to the wristbands/bracelets and stuff too... that's life, I guess

on a happier note, my brain is continuing to unlock/understand more and more antispin doubles goodness...!! I watched a couple tutorial vids on feuershow.de a while back that made no sense at all, but last night I was copying them reasonably faithfully... seem to have the tools now, just gotta keep putting them all together...

so... ye, dave... you're an excellent teacher... I just suck at fishtails...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Now now... that's not the right attitude to have! Where would any of us be if we gave up poi and staff at the first few hundred bumpy painful hurdles?

I used to wear sh*tloads of jewelery on my wrists and neck for I took up staff. Now I'm Al Dente...!

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
*chuckle* ... alright... I haven't given up... I'm giving my brain a rest... tongue

I'm posting this one on behalf of my 7yo, isaac... he can do a very, VERY smooth figure-8 on the left, the right and two-handed now...!! and he's playing with all sorts of behind the back, overhead and horizontal stuff too... he actually does quite well when he just lets himself go, freestyle...

I've also started him on doubles... simple one beats... biggrin

see the corresponding poi thread for news of lachie's (11yo) progress... (he's taken much better to poi, than staff)

oooh... and YAY for my children (two of them, anyway) taking to spinning...!!
bounce bounce bounce

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i just learnt fishtails properly biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pogo69

I'm posting this one on behalf of my 7yo, isaac... he can do a very, VERY smooth figure-8 on the left, the right and two-handed now...!! and he's playing with all sorts of behind the back, overhead and horizontal stuff too... he actually does quite well when he just lets himself go, freestyle...

I've also started him on doubles... simple one beats... biggrin

kk... I made isaac a pair of practice doubles last night, out of some wooden dowel, rubber stoppers (for the ends) and some tape (for grip); so he can now practise as much as he likes... he's still predominantly obsessed with weaving (left, right and two-hands) single staff as quickly as possible, but I'm trying to teach him a couple things along the way... smile

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I learnt how to do a dodgy cartwheel with a staff on my neck biggrin

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
hmmm... well, I've been a bit distracted in the last couple weeks, so not a great deal of progress with anti-spin/isolations etc... although, that said, I am now able to relatively seamlessly integrated most of what I already know into my freestyle spinning

on a more important note, however, is my cunning plan to "give up" working on fishtails (and contact in general). I got a brief bout of inspiration yesterday evening and picked up my contact staff; and I could kinda-sorta get fishtails going... not continuously ad infinitum, but a few (to several) rotations at a time, and was then able to link it into that "push the staff up onto your shoulder, then have it rotate across/behind your neck, till it comes back out over the other shoulder" thing...

progress!! albeit slow and unintentional... tongue

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
A halo smile gratz, just think, baby steps.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
*chuckle* ... thanks, poje... baby steps is very much what contact feels like; fall down all the time, lots of tears, no progress whatsoever followed by sudden spurts of synchronicity...

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Got 7131 (hi-low shower) for 3 cycles (and a load of times for 2 cycles)

Landed 531 once but really shady, the staves went out of wall plane to rescue it.

^^All with 90cm firestaffs^^

fishtail > Halo > LH fishtail biggrin

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Babysteps - contact is kinda like teach a baby to walk - you will lead it in a certain direction but it will decide where it wants to go (due to either gravity & centrifuge or free will) in the end you will just be there to support it smile

So proud of you Pogo! hug and spank for thinking about giving up in the first place! Quitter...

And while I'm on a roll - GET YOUR HAIRCUT YA HIPPY!! tongue

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
heh... well... the quitting thing seems to work for me, so shrug

can now do right-handed reverse fishtails quite consistently... and use it to lead from/into other moves... working on the left... also working on being able to do both left and right (no, not simultaneously... yet...) with the lil double staffs. the other contact stuff really is being hampered by all this hair... need to learn to live with it piled up in a permanent pineapple, cos I'm sure not ready to cut it...

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
I'm trying to get the conveyor-belt-into-the-jesus (does that have an actual name?) but I just can't get it :-z

Written by: Pogo69

*chuckle* ... thanks, poje... baby steps is very much what contact feels like; fall down all the time, lots of tears, no progress whatsoever followed by sudden spurts of synchronicity...

ubblol

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I don't think so just practice and it shall come hug it should be quite quick if you have a conveyor - halo (continuous) and jesus solid on their own.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
ok... so fishtails aren't impossible, after all... I can do reverse fishtails pretty consistently and with pretty good control now on the right... the left is still at the dodgy stage... forwards fishtails are still considered impossible

also getting into the halo a lot more smoothly from either the conveyor or fishtails... and have begun work on being able to halo continuously...

this stuff seems to just "click" all of a sudden... it just takes longer for some of us to connect the dots

SkattoGOLD Member
Walking on whims...
687 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

I don't think so just practice and it shall come hug it should be quite quick if you have a conveyor - halo (continuous) and jesus solid on their own.

I was forget you should learn the simpler steps before the harder ones... ubbloco

I'll try and perfect that before adding in the jesus!! ubblol

Thanks.

Skatto

"Fly like a mouse,
Run like a cushion,
Be the small bookcase."

For goodness sake, don't aggravate the otters!!!

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
360 fishtail turns cool

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
yay finally got a few beats of dual paralell fishtails both hands in front biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yay for all fellow staffers! biggrin

Continuous angel rolls both ways. Strangely the direction I've not practiced much on (Left-to-Right) is better and more consistent than the one I've practiced non-stop on (Right-to-Left))

Headspins (including a Steve-to-headspin)

Head wraps (including one from Angel Roll)

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
I don't even know if I'm calling things the right name, or if it makes sense, cos I'm working out some of this stuff on my own, but...

I call them front-plane anti-spin flowers... so... imagine you're doing regular double-staff flowers... but one forwards, one backwards... then turn 90deg, so that you're facing forwards, with the flower now spinning in front of you... then reverse the direction of your hands, so that the staffs are anti-spinning...

tada... so what should I be calling this? or have I not described it, sufficiently? I need a method of video-taping some stuff, damnit...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yes you do...

I'm not good with names, or really imagining what people are describing. I need to see it for myself!

But I'm guessing what you are doing looks pretty sweet.

Keep it up dude! hug

Kiznanewbie
11 posts

Posted:
I think it's weave. I learned it yesterday.

the library is much helpful!
EDITED_BY: Kizna (1209054724)

LOCfanSILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
I had someone show me the halo roll tonight, and I feel like an idiot. I have to move! Duh.

And I just learned the prayer steve, after much bruising and pain. biggrin

.: Sanity is calming, but madness is more interesting :.
~Russell

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I'm back from fishtails and this is my list

2/3bt fishtails
fishtail carry over/negitive space thing
angel rolls are much better
fishie to angel roll
a couple different paths down the body

my brain is still trying to remember everything.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Poje

I'm back from fishtails and this is my list

biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Page: ...