:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
So they are differant then...... mmmmm

i agree on the outragously hard bit but i found tilting your torsoe a little helps........ its hard to get this using the standard leg to leg "in a line" turning - if you get what i mean there.

Easier to spin around on the spot. smile

(although thats not good for the grass) we now have a green front garden with a big muddy patch bang in the middle which looks very suspect ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I love those mud spots! ahhhh. the heating is on! I will go and try it.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Isolated half steves.
Duck your head underneath the staff when it gets to your neck, instead of the customary half-spin, and at the hands again let it roll straight across. Tadaa! the staff (with a bit of practise) is isolated around one end. Should in theory work for the "other" half of the steve as well.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
that is a seriously cool idea! hug

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

329 posts

Posted:
biggrin

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

329 posts

Posted:
Something else I'm working on...

Start with two staffs held in neck locks on opposite sides (so they form a cross behind the head). With a shrug of the shoulders they can be made to butterfly either behind the head or across the throat/chest (lean way back!) and then come to rest in the original double neck pinch, the staffs having changed sides.

Thats the basic idea, loads of variations/continuations are possible.

Word of warning, I call these cauliflowers, as getting the timing wrong seriously rags my ears...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
head spins and halos on the head instead of the shoulders.

and that anti-turn jesus (anti-christ) is getting that little bit tidier biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
That isolated steve idea has made me realise something.
Steve's and Angel rolls are the antispin of each other.

They can both be done horizontally and vertically and if you do a horizontal angel roll its the antispin of an isolated steve. Equally a 4 beat angel roll is the antispin of a verticall steve. Both can be done continually in horizontal.
Therefore any variation of each is possible in the antispin of each other.
Man thats a lot of work for this summer.

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah, plus they can both be done in the places of the other, I reckon. Makes you wonder if you do angel roll to neck wrap and back out to the other side of the angel roll.

Hmmm, makes me want to do a full vertical steve and destroy my face.

Plus: Chrono's idea is kickass! I tried it and after a minute of attempting to break the conditioning of doing a steve it was doable. Hard to get clean thou... ubbrollsmile

329 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

Hard to get clean thou... ubbrollsmile

True. redface Should have said that to get it isolated I use a three foot staff (short for me), which I find makes the steve harder. There isn't room with a longer staff.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I figured as much. Plus it's hard to see a staff when you're not watching it... ubbloco

329 posts

Posted:
You can see it when doing the "other" isolated half steve thou, goes right past your nose. biggrin

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
didn't realise what you ment by the isolated steve at first but have just figure it out smile
now you just need to put them together with the outside cage transfer to get a minimum beat continous steve. humm and what about the other half of a full steve without the throat wrap. anyway stop coming up with nice ideas am ment to be resting my wrist spank

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: T&B

humm and what about the other half of a full steve without the throat wrap.

is possible but it's alot more possible to smack yourself in the chin or on the adam's apple whiel trying

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
the second half of a full steve without the throat wrap is a horizontal angel roll. See sandy's post.

I don't get how you smacked yourself in the chin thou...

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
no it not cos this still roll over the throat it maybe a horzontal front side angle roll?

329 posts

Posted:

the second half of a full steve without the throat wrap is a horizontal angel roll. See sandy's post.

I don't get how you smacked yourself in the chin thou...

Surely an angel roll goes behind the head. What I was talking about is bending so far back that the staff misses the usual half spin across the throat. So chin trauma is certainly a risk if your not bendy.

329 posts

Posted:
It just struck me that a matrix is in fact a truncated full steve. So you should be able to miss out the half spins at the throat and on the back of the neck in the same ways that have been discussed above.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: T&B

humm and what about the other half of a full steve without the throat wrap.

my way makes more sense tongue cos your statement is AMBIGUOUS! SILLY!

and yeah it would do a frontside halo acorss the chest / throat so it would be a frontside halo so it would be a frontside angel, but again, with lots of leaning.

chrono: Yes, this is called an andre matrix, that is, if you were refering to taking the neck wraps out of the matrix. thou I can't do the proper andre transfer on the front, as my back wouldn't like me.

Met a baton twirler today, and I learned with "lucero's" were ubblove

329 posts

Posted:

Met a baton twirler today, and I learned with "lucero's" were ubblove

Ahh, so much to learn smile. Would you mind sharing?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Yea that leaning back bit is well hard. Doing it for a cage steve is hard enough but doing it in antispin makes it twice as fast, so yea chin damage a plenty.

So meg what (or with as you put it) are "lucero's"?

"Don't do it naked!"

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Chrono you just beat me to it!

I feel like i should know you from somewhere, do I?

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
they're just called that cos she invented them, but they're the shoulder fishtailly thing we learnt at play that you halo across your back change direction in a circle and halo back to the other shoulder sort of thing.

I only had a fifteen minute chat, and learned the 'proper' way to do fishtails, and kunckletails, which are fishtails on your knuckles. She also did propellors on the underside of her wrist. SUPER clean forwards fishtails.

I almost managed a steve with a baton, I think I could have if I hadn't have been wearing work clothes... I tried to teach her steves... I wonder how that will work out...

She was more into aerial stuff thou, which is to say throws, and so she wasn't best impressed with the juggling room, apparently 60ft ceilings would have been 'ok'. biggrin

Learned the correct foot pattern for cont. neck spins. They make it a lot harder than it needs to be I think, or just because of the size maybe... And how important rhythm is for baton twirling, but that was just by watching...

I also learned some of the scoring system... ubblol

oh and a way to learn frontside angel rolls, which is apparently to take it from your waist, to your opposite shoulder and angel out of that.. (the second half) I was like SHOULDERS! and she was like, yes it's a good way to learn and it's super hard to do it perfectly in the middle... we'll see...

329 posts

Posted:
Oh, I think I've been doing Lucero's for a while then. You can do them forwards as well. You can also take them into a throatside halo after the shoulder half fishtail. Damn parrallel evolution, I thought I invented these. meditate

Sandy- I don't think so, I'm a bit of a recluse. Would be nice though smile.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I mean: annette lucero invented them, not the girl I met. She probably did it sometime back in the 1970/80's or something... I just learned them last summer thou. (at play...)

329 posts

Posted:
I really need to get more baton footage.

By the way you can also link (forwards) shoulder half-fishtales with the jesus in a consecutive pattern. Not just neck rolls.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't link up much of my vertical stuff... I'll have to give it a shot.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Damn, i dont understand half of whats been written on the last two pages.

Caged Steve?

Isolated Steve?

Shoulder Fishtails?

huh?

I learn how to do a proper forward fishtail though. but only on my left hand. which is weird and frustrating. coz im right handed.

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

dont worry mate - your not tottally alone - i still dont get the isolated steve........

caged though - imaginge your hands are together - fingertips touching - back of hands facing you.

Look at the shape your arms are in - the idea is the staff is rolling around that shape with one end always inside your arms..........stick goes down arm for a steve as before but one end of staff is alway on the inside of your arms... rather than outside edge if you like

so as it comes around neck - the leading end goes "inside" the arms as it rolls up smile

i think the rest speak for themselves.....

ive got some footage of a baton twirler and Bams doing the shoulder fishtaily things - your bicept and elbows seem to control alot of the movemet.......

my advise - amputate your arms from the elbow down......... then learn to fishtail wink

Then you'll get the idea.......

or you could just pretend ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Right, I wish i could say that made sense... but it makes enough sense for me to give it a go...

If thats what i shoulder fishtail is then im pretty sure i can do one... A cheaty one anyway wink

Love is the law.

Page: ......