BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
*whispers* I've learnt thread the needle (i think, i dunno, same as the urgh poi move) with doubles....well gimme a break I've only had 2 matching staffs less than 1 week

*skulks back out until he's learnt something good*

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
i had that once, fullycontacted as well, but then thought about it and could never do it again, just like my butterfly foward fishies, and lots of stuff.

must stop thinking then i can staff better.

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
really daft idea I managed to do: Prayer Vertical Steve... ubblol

and extra beat steve in prayer a couple times too...

and someting I might call the: Indecisive Steve... It starts off normally, down the first arm, quick spin on the shoulder, back UP the FIRST arm, (full steve style) back down it again, across the shoulders and down the second arm steve style, then back along the second arm full steve style, then quick spin on the shoulder (ducking the head) then back down the second arm. It just doesn't know if it's here or there... biggrin cool

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
prayer vertical steve ...... wtf how is that even possible??? how does the staff go inbetween your praying arms?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
in the normal prayer steve the staff doesn't go between your arms... so the vertical version is much like that...

confused

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
how does it go between you arm and neck?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I dunnoe, my beginning arm has a tendency to go wildly to the side (like the angel roll position) to get it to flow nice, and then my other arm has to really reach to keep with it. I didn't think about much more than that, before deciding it was a little silly and quite a lot stupid, and something to learn tomorrow... Still pretty sure I did it at least once thou...

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
uuuuuh huuuuh ....... video your attempts ....... ive got adobe compressing a video as i speak .....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oooooo...

Yeah I just went outside and did it a few times. Keeping your hands together pulls your arm to the other side of the staff so the staff doesn't go between, your arm going to the other side of it, (and somewhat underneath.) It's the same movement as the horizontal one, your arms start horizontal, go down, then back up again. (But with more sideways action.) It's still a lot silly thou, even if very easy. (silly moves should be very very hard in my book.)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i should add its not a video of me ..... its of poi that was shot ages ago professionally for an instructional dvd but im never going to end up editing it properly so i figured id just put it online *shrugs* biggest waste of money ev. ...... oh wait no no its not

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
no it's not, it's the most super SEXY peice of video... ever to involve poi. Widescreen... hmmmm...

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
how did u know it was in widescreen .....

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
you send a small of clip of it to me! Duffhead! ubblol

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oooooOOOOooh yeah, well i havnt been able to compress it to less than 100 megs so far frown and the quality is crap frown le sigh

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I got bored again. oh wait, that's not a new move. Where is that video mr ben-ja-men? I'll host it for yooooou! hug

Er... so you can do a half steve where you lean back and let it pass over your chest instead of around your neck. I'm going to see if I can do a similar thing in the vertical plane tomorrow for a laugh. I think it will be very much like a frontside halo roll with arms rolls in and out, but it might feel CRAZY good, so I will give it a try.

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Woot ! mcp your the bomb !!!

Just learned the 360 Halo, Jesus & Matrix.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Sweeeet JC smile

Played last night with horizontal conveyor belts - these are real sweet especially for turning....... you can drop it onto the back of your neck for a few/ many as you like rotations then back out into the conveyor biggrin

Also playing with what i think is a horizontal jesus with an under/round the shoulder entry - it involves some rapid turning and your face gets slightly in the way but its fun smile

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmm i got some tasty circular action of late: insides and inversions biggrin

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Some kind of turning one beat. On my leg smile

Was playing aound with steves and chest side spins too. Akward but cool. And it does some weird things. Like going back up the same arm. Works In forward Half steve and Frontside half steve.

So is a full, Full Steve, Down the arm, Spin on the back, Up the arm, down again, spin on the front and back up the first arm?

If its not, what is it?:)

Love is the law.

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
woot, i did the half matrix a few times last night.

i'm not happy its raining atm, i'd love to get the whole thing down

"Quote coming soon..."

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
rain is good at putting out fires tho Jublian. its rainin on and off down here too.

yesterday i learnt a cool contact move, but i cant find the name of it now! its the one that goes around your arm, over the back of both hands, over the other arm, then you turn so it comes over your shoulders and you start again!

YAY for contact! biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
some sort of steve thingy, maybe!?

i practiced quite a while and couldn't stick the full matrix.

i did only start in december

edit- i just stuck the full matrix (left arm, neck, right arm) clap

it was sketchy as hell though, i'm happy though now, too bad i have to work tonight frown
EDITED_BY: Jublian (1138604443)

"Quote coming soon..."

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
good work.

i dont think its a steve, its some hand wrap/pivot thingy i think

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
Mr majestic, i think your on about the convayer belt. smile

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I haven't touched a staff since just after christmas. frown

I miss it so. frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
tongue meg beat him with his unused staff

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
that truely is terrible. i may have one less but i still been doing it at last once a week.

been playing with doubles anti-spin stuff and a bit of dobles contact. hopefully should learn what all this anti-turn malarky is when i go for a trip east

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
i can almost do the doubles pinwheel thing every time now, where you throw one up and pinwheel the other :P

"Quote coming soon..."

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
I just learnt something cool, but i cant describe it now, i have an essay to write

Kyle Mclean-
A) it does feel as good

Page: ......