Posted:
BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
ive just figured out and a reverse throw out from the opposite direction of the threee staff shower,i can just about get back into the shower afterwards but its very tricky.i am also working on my 3 staff flashes again a bit tricky this is in preparation for four staff shower,yes i have no life...................

SickWithWondermember
56 posts

Posted:
Yesterday I learned Angel Rolls,

and I learned how not to smack myself in the face when matrixing

I also was playing around and did a (1/2) conveyer belt (wow i cant spell that word, wtf) into a halo...

elbow, wrist, halo

oh oh oh, and starting an SNES but after the neck wrap, pivoting and it goes into a halo.

it was a productive day.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
What I am working on right now:

Other way prayer steve.

Other way matrix.

Prayer Matrix.

Meast 'Matrix' / Frontside 'Hula'.

Origami. (throat wrap to a step between the elbows, with your arms folder [gettit] then back to neck spins.)

Cont Minimal Beat Steves.

The low caged part of the caged steve, going the other direction, stopping at the shoulder and back the other way, cont.

4,5,6: from the pivot, 1 - elbow elbow pass, pivot, 2 - jesus, pivot, 3 - 360 halo, pivot. All in a row from the pivot.

6,7,8: 4,5,6 all joined up without any pivots in it.

angel angel. Angel to angel roll turning inwards, so that there are no fishtail beats. the angel travels to your finishing arm, you turn across your body, bending your elbow and pinching the staff slightly and then releaseing it very quickly, letting it roll back the other way. Trying to get it cont, but can't join them up perfectly yet.

Anti-Turn Prayer Steve,

Turning and keeping in prayer while the staff goes up and down your arms, but not around your neck.

In prayer, putting the staff on the back of your neck.

learned from chronos: anti-spin angel. weird halo roll that's actually a neck wrap. and that I really want to be able to do luceros with lowered arms... biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Anti-Turn Prayer Steve,

? interesing, i don't turn ith prayer rolls/steves.
I can go right shoulder to left with extra beat a the prayer then as it comes to left shoulder pop it back up arm to extra beat ... back to right shoulder, sometimes can do this a few times bouncing from shoulder to shoulder without it going round the back of the neck.

I shall have to try it with turns smile

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Errr throat roll or frontside halo (whatever)

well double throat roll reverse into throat roll (and twice followed by a halo so technically jesus)

but Strugz claims 2 forward and 1 back = 1 and I can't argue the maths ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I bent my stick: frown frown frown frown frown

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
thats not a new move meg

I learned how to spin in a plane that i;ve never seen anyone use

and combined it with stick swaps that only i know the secret of... wink

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
btb floor plane?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
crap explanation:

make cross in front of you at 45's.

rotate the whole thing to that the top two wicks of each staff make a circle in the ceiling plane.... and another one at the bottom.... its a stick swap

you can do this over head and make the circles in wall plane front and back...

combine this with a one beat stick swap.. the one that reverses the direction of the staffs seamlesly and some some one beat over head butterfly action and your away on a trippy hack...

Love is the law.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
sounds a bit like drew's immortal "stirring the bowl of love..." ubblol

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
was having lot fun with continually changing planes during contact at the big green. Also I found lots of people were really impressed with jeuses which i've alway thought of as abit of a ugly move, so maybe I'll put abit of effort into getting them smooth.

Apart from that I managed to fall down a ditch and f up my ankle (again)grr. which means I'm not going to be able to play with my new footy stuff for ages.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ouch,
jesus's are great I can almost do them hands in pockets biggrin

A baton twirler in bournemouth was showing me and strugz some of her moves. she'd just won some silver medal, never seen a jesus before and thought it was great... she had this move called a monster roll, and was a bit put out when we told her it was ONLY half a matrix ubblol (round and under arm and across chest)

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Heh.. yeah, those baton twirlers are insane.. watchin them do the matrix with that itty bitty stick.. sheesh. I've decided to watch baton for inspiration now.. just gotta get off my arse and start searchin the vids out.

As far as new moves, I finally found a flow with doubles, so lotsa stuffs. Prolly my favorites parrallel flowers (which don't feel clean at all, but apparently are), basic same direction weave, I can now get the same backspin arial that I do with poi (tryin to find a clean way to do butterfly kick still), various throws, and isolation play.. damn I'm lovin doubles smile.

Peace,
- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Thought I'd finally get up to date with my contact progression.
Since starting around 14th July.
I can:
Paddle. Both directions.
Half fishtail, rerverse, both hands.
Elbow wrap. Both Elbows.
Conveyor belt. Both directions.
Fishtail. Reverse, both hands.
Angel roll, left & right.
Half Steve.
Pivot.

And a couple of semi-nailed moves I'm keeping under my hat.

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I've just learned "the snap" the wood and metal on your staff snap completely and is only held together by the tape attaching the grip.....

frown

dammit.

oh well thanks Strugz for the Tube wink good timing too I shall make it up this very evening biggrin

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yay! finally playing with my stix again - has been a while - worked out a nice little anti-spun quarter steve-backspin-waist-leg-shin-foot thing which feels pretty good.

also slapping myself for only just working out matrix-steve transitions! its so easy i cannot for the life of me figure out why i didnt do this a year ago - so now playing with a whole bunch of variants.

also playing with some base-flyer doubles contact again - im pretty rusty though - but am getting back into it. Im trying to thing a bit more analytically about use of negative space which has helped work out some new transitions.

cheerio!
E ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

Trammel.

light,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I met yoooooooooo! biggrin hug

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
trammel confused

sounds a bit like a triangulated cammel............. havnt seen one of those in a while........ is that how you got to uber europe to meet Meg?

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Archimedes, he was a spinner himself you know wink

i learned some nice antispin/polyrythym one beat variations. freestyle like, but the concept is... oh the concept is... wink

Im really getting into the idea of my left hand and right hand doing completly different things. A thing you dont see alot of in staff...

good for the brain.

Love is the law.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ado-p

Im really getting into the idea of my left hand and right hand doing completly different things. A thing you dont see alot of in staff...

i been messin bout with doing kinda "flatter" style things with both hands doing different things martial arts stylee

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
I just did my first SNES with the staff lit up (been practicing for a few weeks unlit) Bottled out a coupla times, but nailed it super smooth eventually after having worked up the courage. I've shouted ecstatically at all my friends but they've no clue what I'm on about smile So I figured I'd come here.

Joe x

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Nice one Joe! we hear ya biggrin

clap

ive not learnt a thing.....back is buggerd frown

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
well done dude biggrin

strugz..you were right. new "straighter" staff and steves are sooo smooth.

minimal beat steves are now mine biggrin

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
On the contact front:

-One-armed angel rolls and v.steves. Not the easy ones, the hard ones.

-Exiting the matrix (front & back) into leg work. Normally some sort of knee & ankle conveyor belt into a kick-up, or a straight legged roll.

But occasionally a chest to knee roll that spins on the knee then wants to roll back up onto my chest. This is actually really inspiring, makes me think a hand to foot to hand roll is possible....

-Neck to ankle roll (flat), then scorpion kick caught into arm roll.

-Neck/head throws into steves.

-Bunch of really simple contact, stalls, carries and transistions. Stuff I'd left behind in my arrogance, but actually adds loads of variety to my flow.

-V. Chest wraps.

-Triples matrix, two kinds. One like a doubles matrix but with two staffs held in a cross and passed. The other with the staffs being spun in each hand, horizontal fingerspins during shoulder propellers. You can switch between the two styles. Need to get three staffs I can contact as I can see some cool ways to change which staff is being contacted.

-Continuous turning angel rolls linked with throws.

-Contact passing between two people.

On the non-contact front Klodeo, Arthur Brown and myself got a bit silly and started playing around with three man staff patterns. Stay tuned for such delights as:-

-"The gay fairy's crown"

-"Greek translations"

-Claudio screaming "Too gay! Too gay!" whenever our nipples touch....

ubblol

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chrono333

-Claudio screaming "Too gay! Too gay!" whenever our nipples touch....

ubblol

le sigh, guess I'll have to take my camera to leeds again then... biggrin

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Hey Mynci, I just got 'the snap' down too, twice just last week. Its apparently a really easy combi with five stick passing.

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:

You don't have to, it's not like the last video was much good. tongue

@Entheogen- Just seen your segment in MCP's video. Respect.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chrono333

You don't have to, it's not like the last video was much good. tongue

le slap.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
*hopes no one catches me in the staff forum*

i learnt these the past month or so:

i can kinda do the matrix.

and sometimes i can do a half steve

i can do fishtails both ways i think

i can do halo roll 180

i can do SNES

*runs back to the poi forum where i dont suck*