Posted:
BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Guys, the antispin and non-turning were refering to the anti-spin non-turning horizontalish gay jesus, not the angel rolls.

Horizontal and vertical angel rolls are mechanically non-similar ignoring the obvious horiz/vert difference, so for me they're not even in the same family of moves.

I don't believe in angel rolls anyway.

meditate

@ NeonShaolin- In answer to your earlier demand for videos.... I hate making them. Plus I'm often of the opinion that videos are crap and detrimental to mine and others learning. I learn far more and am more inspired by this thread, just practising and talking to other staffers than any video I've ever watched. Other people disagree with me on this and they're entitled to be wrong of course.

But since it's you asking I'll get on it (Claudio's ass that is wink ).

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah? who said we were talking about your gay moves? tongue

Jesus, not everything revolves around you you know!

wink

:: I think several puns / witty statements could be made out of the last two lines, but for the sake of being charm-less, I'm going to ignore them ::

I'm a Lady don't you know! biggrin

ubblol hug biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Of course you are wink

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
your all gay! biggrin

oh sorry, wrong thread wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
chrono: right gottcha i understand now, ta

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
offtopic Oh wait... ignore me... redface

Written by: Chronofracture333

I'm often of the opinion that videos are crap and detrimental to mine and others learning. I learn far more and am more inspired by this thread, just practising and talking to other staffers than any video I've ever watched. Other people disagree with me on this and they're entitled to be wrong of course.

I suppose it makes sense for people who are already up on the terminology but for staff newbies like myself who haven't yet absorbed the innate understanding of the descript of moves in purely written medium it can get quite confusing... Besides, I'm a visualist... smile hug

But since it's you asking I'll get on it (Claudio's ass that is wink ).

Becareful you don't get blinded by his pan-spectrum boxers... wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
don't worry dave, I sometimes suspect they are just making stuff up to sound clever wink except strugz... he's not clever (see his last post ubblol )

as I don't know what a gay jesus is (appart from that picture of him starting off in the village peoples YMCA) I can't see how you do a jesus without turning??? I imagine something like the continous angel rolls that LOOK like jesuses but aren't in the lab 5?? video with chrono and strugz.

But hell what do I know I'm shite at staff biggrin

edit.

*Waits for witty remark from staff "GODS" ubblol *
EDITED_BY: Mynci (1169670397)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

329 posts

Posted:
*clouds part*

Kneel before DROLYAG foolish mortal and recieve my staff of chastisement!!!

HA HA HA!!!

redface sorry...

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

Kneel before DROLYAG foolish mortal and recieve my staff of chastisement!!!

Get a room! wink

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yes GRAND DAME EKYDREBU... wink

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
um.

can i suggest that the general level of posting in this thread over the past page or two has made people not post in it - it's supposed to be a place where people can be pleased about what they've just learned, not a slagging match (even if i know you're all just being freindly, its a bit daunting i imagine, if you don't know you all)

shrug

so, please remain on topic. ta.

[/headmasterattitude]

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Yeh - what he said ubbloco

I leart a backwards weave with one stick biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I've learned the staff cut biggrin

On friday I will be doing what all the other staffers seem to have done. Yes I'm cutting my hair off wink
Long hair = tangled neck moves

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
non-wrapping wraps (thanks, jay, nearly a year since you showed me them....). essentially, isolating a staff round a point as if it were contacting on you, but its not.

not nearly as exciting as it sounded without the explanation wink
EDITED_BY: bluecat (1169731296)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well if you get to spoil our fun mr bluecat, I think I'm going to do some fun spoilage.

If you post a move that you've learned that you know people won't know what it is / won't know about, you have to post a decent description of it.

You can't just say: I learned to do supernatural jesus's with triple doppelgangers.

Cos that's useless. And gay.

More explanations! ubbangel hug

329 posts

Posted:
I Quite agree...

Horizontal-ish staff move

rolleyes

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Gay! Gay! Gay! *runs off to try it*

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
awesome dude! Just got that tonight, but not as nice as that! Sweeeeeeeet.

biggrin
biggrin
biggrin
biggrin

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
sweet. that wasnt quite how i pictured it, i was thinking it had a front side halo from the chest roll but i think your version is better. gonna learn that one instead.

Just came up with a new one tonight: front side min steve to wings horizontal angel but without wrist proppelors. So basically you do the min steve and turn 180 with the staff and roll back to the h. angel

"Don't do it naked!"

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:
picked up doubles for the first time in over a year... poi seems to have helped teach me a butterfly weave (tq moggin doubles basics a few years ago too... some things starting to sink in... ubbrollsmile )

and even managed to get the hang of uber basic movement (tho my brain still hurt with 1 bt turning with sticks at shoulder and butterfly waistwrap turning things too frown )

even remembered some throwing stuff (tq magical antti workshops)

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
hey there you lot biggrin

been practising all manner of anti-spin goodness like a mo-fo (pardon my abbrieviated profanities) since i got back from edinburgh. had sort of learnt some of it at the ejc but hadn't really worked at it till i spent time emersed amongst all that double-stickiness in meg's playroom biggrin biggrin biggrin

moving into a new place this weekend where me & my new flatmate are going to have a workshop/playspace the same size as yours meg (with ridiculously high ceilings!bounce ) & i've been blagging / scabbing / acquiring a fab selection of mirrors with which i can cover one wall, hee hee!!!

hmmmm... maybe this is too much info for the "new move's" thread but it's 4.10am & i'm sitting here drinking cider so ...mehhhh.... nana

L peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

jaysusnewbie
24 posts

Posted:
hi. its probably olready a move but i figured out like spin the staff in one hand at your right hand side until its in the bend of your arm (in front of your elbow) then leen forwards and let the staff spin on your back and catch it with your left hand when it falls off

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
is that in wheel plane? think i get what you mean if it is. Try turning to your left once its on your back and you will do a halo roll as well (if you are doing what i think you are doing smile)

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Has anyone done back-to-back continuous steve-passes?

Basically two people (preferably of same height) stand back-to-have, staff rolls down Person A's right arm and carries on onto person B's left arm. Perhaps with a helicopter by one or both parties as a transition and carry on?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
nope but may well try that with simon tomorrow... along with chrono's halo-limbo combo..

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Vertical cage over head. The worse horizontal

direction is much better now.

lightning,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

329 posts

Posted:
Horizontal anti-spin may be the most pointless thing ever...

Anyways, the full-neck-anti-wrap thing in the video is three pointed anti-spin. Learnt the four pointed version with two "steps" across the back.

There are others but it seems that a nice way of controlling horizontally anti-spun contact is letting the staff "step" from one 3/4 grip point to the other. Lots of horizontal conveyor stuff can work like this as does Megs origami shenanigans.

It's horribly no-plane, though this stuff might look good if the staff was well controlled and isolated.

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
horizontal antispin rocks my socks.

biggrin biggrin biggrin

forever twirling, twirling towards victory

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
nice, origami should make it a bit less back breaking.

I did think it passing that it should step on your shoulders rather than twice on the front / once on the back. but I'm not sure if I could get my head out of the way enough when it's stepping on my shoulders... something to find out tonight I guess.

329 posts

Posted:
The extra step across the shoulders actually makes it loads easier. Putting theses extra "steps" into the substitution matrix works well too, makes it much easier to do without turning.

New move/sequence for me:-

neck lock-roll down front into hip lock-hop staff across onto opposite leg and hip lock- lean back and roll staff into neck lock

By leaning forwards and giving a donkey kick I can sometimes get the staff from a hip lock across the small of my back and into the opposite hip lock.

Feels a bit staff hackysack really...

Page: ......