BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well he did invent the Gay Vertical Steve...

makes me wonder if it's possible horizontally... as if there wasn't enough steve variations...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I was playing with a antispin buzzsaw fountain t'other day with staff: it's a bit of a headbender, but looks nice I reckon! Makes a kind of eliptical pattern with a smaller eliptical pattern at 90 degrees in the middle. Have to hold my staff fairly close to the end to avoid hitting myself in the head, which gives it the long/short look of a poi buzzsaw hybrid

Usually, done with hands together (to make it easier on the arms0 on a but can be done onehanded to allow for waving your other hands about while going 'look at the pretty fire magic'. Or shaking a fist at the ground while shouting 'Gravity, I defy you!'

wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

well he did invent the Gay Vertical Steve...

makes me wonder if it's possible horizontally... as if there wasn't enough steve variations...

Did I...? confused Is that the one with the chest step?

@-Sandy- Yep, I too have thought of this move. Long way to go, wish I wasn't so crap frown

Plus the ground I walk on has, this morning at least, partially consisted of fresh dog turd.

ubblol
EDITED_BY: Chrono333 (1169118436)

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yup, you KNOW it has to have that name!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

329 posts

Posted:
(Horizontal) + (Roll) + (Gay) + (Angel) ubbidea

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
HRGA?

That's crap. wink

329 posts

Posted:
No, that's a fun night in tongue

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I was thinking maybe if you do the gay steve horizontally, you'd have to use inside BTB planes. (which since it's horizontal, would be the plane under your leaning-back back.) which would be weird. and possibly with turning / caging, even weirder.

possibly requiring a BTB horizontal low pass, for those who are back-bendy...

329 posts

Posted:
We'll have to compare notes at theSJC. But if I'm not mistaken about which move I'm performing the gay steve is pretty simple compared to the vertical version. I realize not everyone is as bendy as me though.

For those completely lost. Imagine a chest roll minimum beat steve but with an extra half spin as it crosses the chest. Both vertical and horizontal versions require that you control the half spins start and end using the armpits.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah the chest wrap is the bit making it a 'gay' steve.

I was think if you let it do an extra half beat of spin on the upper arm, it would get into a proper chest wrap position. (or if you do the arm roll in a certain way.) When I say proper, I mean one end under your back, the other end crossing your upper arm and going out away from your body, then wrap the chest to the same position on the other side.

That's what I mean by weird in the post above... smile

I'm sure a normal horizontal gay steve would be easier...

329 posts

Posted:
Erm... to do the move you seem to be suggesting I'd need to be hung upsidedown by my feet confused

I can bend that far but there's not enough room between my shoulders and my ass for the staff.

Maybe I've misunderstood, you'll have to use me like an action man when I see you and just put the staff where you think it should go.

smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
damn, well you need more shoulder flexibility anyway... that's better.

well if it's hard for you with your monkeylike long arms and ridiculous height, as well as proportionally shorter staff, it's gonna be pretty damn difficult for me...

would be cool thou... like, cos it's btb.

329 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'm the stupid. redface

Just managed to make this work, sort of. trapped in the armpit the staff will do the move. But you do need to be bendy and have a shortish staff. Having it off-center helps for the btb section. Obviously not smooth yet but it's a keeper.

Well spotted. clap

Next?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
for you: make the fully btb conveyor belt smooth... or do it horizontally or something...

or learn the back half of the meast / hula matrix. biggrin

329 posts

Posted:
I is your bitch hug

Yep I should really have those by now shouldn't I?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
nah, just think up some variations instead, that works too!

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Matrix (front start, right to left),

keep on going,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
i know its a really simple move

not really a move at all

but i figured out how to do fishtails today, its been hounding me for nearly a year now

forever twirling, twirling towards victory

329 posts

Posted:
biggrin Fishies are cool!

Playing around with gay steves has led to the gay substitution matrix, and also full steves with a chest spin in both halves.

Oooh, and a nice substitution matrix entry from a horizontal angel roll at the opposite shoulder to the starting hand. You can exit the Sub-Matrix at the other shoulder back into the "same" angel roll.

smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
damn, I think we have a really gay new addition to the staff move naming system.

I don't suppose we can change it before you learn the gay snes?

;D

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
minimum beat antispun steve........ weird coz i cant do the normal one half as good......

what looks cool (otherwise known as "gay" on these boards) wink is if you drop ya head - stick both arms up in the air (btb) drop to one knee and do this move (thats the gay bit) ....... especially as a burn off....... ( thats the cool bit) ubbloco

looks ninja.... or some sort of finishing pose from tekken...

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

329 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

yeah the chest wrap is the bit making it a gay steve.

I'd change it but it's more than me jobs worth mate, you'll have to take it up wit' management... tongue

Suggestions?

We can call a chest wrap variation whatever people like really but it's nice to have a short hand way of saying...

"chest wrap entered from steve/upper arm"

"no not that one, the one that makes you look gay..."

Or something. rolleyes

@Strugz:- Cooool!!!

biggrin
EDITED_BY: Chronofracture333 (1169461978)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about this last night, but due to watching too much battlestar galactica, I was in no fit state to make a coherent post.

firstly: Great idea strugz, shame your gay, so it will take three times as much style to make it cool. wink Yeah totally awesome, but I think you should learn the 'cool' way of kneeling, which is to twist your legs up as you turn and then you end up sat down with your legs twisted under you. Then you should reverse the direction of the staff, do the turning horizontal angel roll again (minimum beat anti-spun steve - say what now?) as you untwist your legs and stand up. Or maybe just do another steve and stand up. Or something. That would be kung fu.

so anyway:

what was I thinking, oh yeah, it's not actually a gay snes, it's a gay jesus.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
"A gay jesus"

man theres room for debate somewhere im sure wink

sounds cool meg - the move is hard - well the second part as the staff loves falling down the arm but you eally have to pop your shoulder at the right time to get it to fly up the arm the otherside......... flatting your arm out to make it easie doesnt look as good smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah I find you really have to be aware of the center point, turn at the right speed, and have enough roll to get it back up the second arm. I don't really pop it with my elbow, I always do it from a steve of some kind, and do the quick transfer, rather than the propeller transfer into the second steve, to maintain the roll.

It is an awesome looking move thou. I think it should have it's own name. Nx? suggested Rolls Royce, cos the arms are reminiscent of the wee silver statue on the bonnet. I'm always in favour of calling a move "flying wings" and this move qualifies... maybe we can call the full minimal steve something other than an oxymoron.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
oxymoron.......

dam if we ae going to use the term morons in a move desciption..... maybe we should just call it "the Meg" and for minimum beats....... "the gay Meg" and fordoing the move right....

"The gay meg - with wings"

wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I'm not gay, I'm crabbity, nippy and acerbic... wink

yeah definitely keeping the arm low helps, I think just have it horizontal and pulled behind you is good, like you is an aeroplane! awwwwww.

You can always lift it at the end... you might have to anyway, to stop it flying off your arm. biggrin Truely, this is an anti-juggler / anti-everyone sort of move to practise... or it was frown now it just works. I'll have to find something harder to kill people standing too close with... biggrin

329 posts

Posted:
Crap, I type so f***ing slow... frown
EDITED_BY: Chronofracture333 (1169466542)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I code for a living.

tongue

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
thats not your full time job tho meg is it..........

she also teaches retardedness to really intelligent people......

ive had a few lessons myself wink

ubbloco

Page: ......