BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I was taught that conveyor wotsima-thingy! 3 vairiations.

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
mmm learnt some lovley stuff this evening, first time ive propperly picked up my sticks in a while.

Some nice horizontal anti spin stuff with doubles, which merges quite well in to horizontal pivots with the odd grab in there to keep things slightly sensable.

the inside arm and over the throat halo thing meg had in her video, which btw gave me somme much needed inspiration, but doing that i have a nasty gash next to my eye.....i'll have to invent some pub fight to cover it up :P

that and some more unsymmetric stuff with doubles, doing lots of multi beat things with one hand and crossing it into the path of the other stick and alternating this.

oh and doubles halo's kinda convayer starting on the right side, behind the back, and then left stick again in behind the back so it all stays going one way :-D

mmmmm

im going to nursy my bruses

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
halo's somewhat consistent now

and

half steve smile

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

SixthSILVER Member
Devil May Cry
327 posts

Posted:
ive learnt a new move....its called hitting yourself silly until urr IQ drops below average.... ubbloco

I give hope to others but I keep none for myself.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Managed to work out the full steve over the weekend, and also learnt Angel Rolls thanks to Sandy biggrin

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
so who's going to run a staff workshop at the EJC in Cork this year??

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
learnt to do a 'sweep' but doing a horizontal halo instead of a throat wrap. I was trying to get the matrix version of the same, but unsurprisingly this turned out to be 100% easier. Same with doing the 'low' steve transfer, half of the caged version.

stalled snes and trying to work out small vertical anti-spin stuff...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Parralell figure of eights and much, much neater isolations. I like doubles now...

gonna shorten my staffs though. and make short ones too...

meg, why arent you coming to paris? havent you seen the list? thanks again for the vid... tongueunchhug:

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
cos I'm in america? biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
No excuse...

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Woohoo.. MCP's in america and I just payed my dues to get to stalk her!! Err.. I mean.. uhh.. take a day of workshops!

Oh.. and the new moves.. uhh.. conveyor belt, whatever they conveyor belt is with just the elbows and back, can sometimes roll a steve, but steve likes to hit me in the face, the bugger. But quickly noticing that my staffs are a bit too light and far too short. Ahwell, it's still fun despite all the bruising.

Peace,
- Sui

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Jesus roll!
I think thats the right name, the one where it goes across the chest over the shoulder across the back over other shoulder across chest and so on til you fall over (or do another trick biggrin).
Only done it once tho so far, still have a fair bit o practice before its consistant.

Still having trouble getting the conveyor belt to go over the shoulder and across the back looped conveyor belt (where you catch it on the wrist off one side pass it to the other wrist and put it back to the beginning and so on and so forth).

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Wow, not often I post in here! smile

Half angel roll to BTB catch
version 2 propellor (according to Meg's site)

hoping to add angel rolls soon thanks to strugz dropping a few hints this weekend

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
No worries dude smile

Ok so this isnt really a new move - but it is a new combination (for me anyhow) i find it a good little challenge and thought some of you might too smile

Its bases around conveyors and pivots, so:

The idea it that im going 2,1,0 - 0,1,2 and so on where:

2 = elbow wrist wrist elbow into a pivot

1 = elbow (hands together (over bothwirsts at once) ) into pivot

0 = elbow elbow into pivot

playing with this continously opens up many ideas and variations for the same move - essentially. Although it looks really sweet to anyone watching coz they have no idea whats comming next - kinda helps loose that "predicatable" spinning.

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
cool, i've been at this for a few months now myself. To be honest im, still tryin to get perfect 360's each turn. its bang on sometimes but often i'll be just a few inches out of plane when i turn fully. Do it three times and thats alot of inches. The trick seems to be almost skipping the second elbow altogether and launching the staff at the back of your neck as you turn into it. And turning up if thats makes sense. Posture and arm wise i mean.

slipping in the odd chest halo is mighty cool too. coz the never expect that wink

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
sweet dude - yep yep halos and jesuse in the middle will definately help for unpredicatble spinnin - that and some random knocks to the head eh wink ubblol

I do about 5 of these in a row, (2-1-0) counting as one, i start in vertical plane but by the end im way more horizontal ubblol

You can also use reyouts in there too smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
cool, i cant do reyouts, or layouts for that matter. well, maybe i can but i've never tried...

I got a fairly consistant halo... two full 360 spins with a behind the back catch. same hand that released it... it literally rolls up one arm and down the other. once it gets to your left elbow (if you started with right) it just drops into your right hand. just... wink

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
"it just drops in your hand"

ubblol

i know just what you mean dude - although im not quite getting what you mean when you say a 360 halo?

is that with a jesus? or we still in the world of pivots?

as for the falling into the hand from the elbow - sounds like last part of and angel roll? are you doing half angel roll into halo out to other half of angel roll........?

I think sandy calls them 4beat angel roll smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
nope.

im 'just' making the stick do two full beats on my back. roll accross from the edge of one shoulder to the other. and instead of letting the staff roll down the front. like the normal exit for a halo. im keeping straight with my left albow point back. the staff keeps going and can be caught with the right hand.

i'll show you in about 11 days biggrin

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
erm....

redface

dude id love to see what your doing there as it sounds sweeeet!

however - paris i dont think i can make frown frown frown

please do not rub it in frown

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
oh dear

hug

ejc it is then. and if you want to come round to my house for tea first...

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Dude - EJC its going to have to be smile

i wasnt going to make that either - until just now rolleyes

thanks hug

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
wooo paris :-)

Although i am going by national express :-( frown

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
tongue

biggrin

ok so last night i played with what ive just mentioned but rather than doing pivots across the back - ive been turning and taking them across the front of the neck.....

am going way more horizontal than before though........

so many variations now - its great biggrin

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
I was playing with angel+halo double staff rolls...there was some sort of a turn in there somewhere but it got a little confusing......

*goes to find housemates video camera

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
A world of single staff pendulums and assorted related madness. ubblove

New variations on double handed fishtail/elbowroll stuff

This caused me to stay up till 4am and now im like a zombie at work

Chuffed though.

smile

Love is the law.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
sweet dude, sounds cool smile

last night i found a great move - continous doubles pivots, smooth once you get it, i can do about 5 beats.

Doing butterfly movements - As one staff is going across back the other is coming over arm - wrist....you then turn into it, switch arms - and go, essentially each arm is going elbow wrist writst elbow at the same time on opposite sides of your body, its a smooth as feeling smile

*joins ado in feeling chuffed*

(just read that back - pointless trying to write really, ill have to tighten it up and do another video)

smile

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
that sounds like the COOLEST thing in the world strugz. Happily this makes me want to stand back up, unpack my doubles and go and play with them while ignoring my contact staff...

watching too much contact juggling means you want to do really stupid things with a staff. prayer steve with your hands back to back, which is also realy nice hand position to do the extra rotation in there. trying to do a 'bridge' with a steve, which is the weird ass CJ move where you look like your trying to stop the ceiling fall down onto you. Don't know the correct name for it. but it's fun.

Plus I think I've found enough materiel for a new 'stolen/illegal/borrowed' spinning movie... which makes me happier than learning any amount of new moves... biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Mate - it really is the most fun move ive found for a long time - im still only on about 5 beats and i cant help but think that without the staffs there i would look like im spinning on the spot doing some sort of chicken impression ubblol

Its hard to get the timing right, but i have found a way to give yourself a bit longer to get the move right.

If you pivot from left side to right side, as the staff gets to your right wrist (at which point your turning towards it) give it a little push into the air, this gives you enough time to catch on the back of your left wrist (after youve pushed the other staff off into the other pivot)

Make sense?

Hope so biggrin if anyone can nail this its you..... oh and maybe that Tea & Biscuit character wink

Page: ......