BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
No i'm not mynci - I met up with burningoftheclavie yesterday afternoon after writing that post - and I played with her staff - I don't know what I did but I just spun it round and round anticlockwise with it in front of me, then did some thing where it weaved behind me. I don't know the technical name for what I did but I did it.
so now I'm a staff fledgling with two moves under my belt
So in your face, Lee!!!! tongue ubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mynci

strugz... that anti-turn jesus..well i got it to go over the throat then over the neck and kept it on my shoulders...it WILL be done

dude - sick is all i can say - however im not convinced that the move your doing can be named an anti turn jesus.......... mainly because the theory of the move jesus and anti turn - just isnt practically possible as that norther lady with the funny hair said wink

However - what your doing is still a fine ass move i just think its name needs to be differant. smile - i.e. "the mincey" wink

Written by: Mynci

oh and strugz...6 consectutive jesuses WITH witnesses... is that continuous now... wink

witnesses mean nothing to me unless they can do a jesus themselves ubbloco and besides - was that 6 gracefully or did you look like the tazmainian devil on speed? wink ubblol

Either way - i look forward to seeing your recent learnings smile

So far - ive learnt feck all recently - to much gig work and not enough play time frown

i miss play time rolleyes

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
mincey my ass dude ubblol

and it was more like a tazmanian tamazapaned devil i was pretty slow wink so can I name that move then dude? I shall call it an anti-christ... opposite from everything a jesus stands for...messy and painful. ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
DOes Mynci do *anything* else other than staff?

Seriously... he just keeps learning stuff.... gimp.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Horizontal and vertical SNES both dirrections smile

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
tongue to you FRD I'm a juggler wink and I can't help being more talented than the entire auditionees for x factor (well a nappy wearing chimp has more talent than them) besides i have a good teacher ....
oh and I learnt a new staff position the other night too wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
Written by: TinklePants

No i'm not mynci - I met up with burningoftheclavie yesterday afternoon after writing that post - and I played with her staff - I don't know what I did but I just spun it round and round anticlockwise with it in front of me, then did some thing where it weaved behind me. I don't know the technical name for what I did but I did it.
so now I'm a staff fledgling with two moves under my belt
So in your face, Lee!!!! tongue ubblol

yeah i think a windmill and uhm....oh im useless with names! but was fun playing with your poi and wee steph! i really wanted to show ya what i was trying to do, but just wasnt happening, gotta practise practise practise!! i had a wee burn on a bit of grass down from the castle, facing the river with a mate later that night cos i couldnt resist though.. and mesmerised a little boy, he looked so cute..! biggrin

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Simultaneous jesus & halo with doubles. Have to admit to a bruised head and very few successes. But it's easier than I thought it would be, and can see that with skill/luck it could be done continuously.

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I just learned a new move, but I'm not going to tell anybody what it is.

Just to be contrary.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
Spoilsport. Having seen your videos I'm sure it's worth sharing. Kudos for all your efforts.

Have been playing with the move that got named the "conveyor belt" in another thread. After the elbow-wrists-elbow sequence the bent elbows can be crossed in front of the body transferring the staff back into the conveyor belt, or spun between the points of the elbows. Before I became aware of HOP I used to call this a straightjacket, although I now understand this already describes a poi move.... Anyway, been having a bit of fun doing this move in the horizontal plane above the head, seems to produce lots of random elbow spins and entrances into neck spins/matrixes ect.

Also, wanted to know if anyone else is playing with burn-offs during contact moves, I don't have access to a camera/video and would love to know what they look like!

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
yay! got that seatrix or whatever you guys call it....also forwards and backwards weave. ( much nicer than that crappy poi thingy weave)
no handed staff cartwheels (that hurt my thumb practising)

shuffle the deck over-head turns and some slick contact passing manouvres wink and best of all... the whole session on video...wooo for camcorders now just gotta suss a way to go from vhs to PC to make a little vid wink

ChumpyBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
Me and FlamingDeity shouldn't be left to our own devices....and if we are we need more than 2 staffs.

It started off with the double antispin, which went to behind the head antispins and then just went crwazy (A real typing error, but it works!)
We ended up on wall plane double antispin flower fishtails.....ubbloco
I think?! confused Might have been butterfly instead of flower
I admit I didn't get the fishtails with both hands, but I got it with my left!

Double antispin in wall plane is well entertaining, looks like you're rowing a boat...which is why it should be called the 'Rowboat'

Health is a secondary consideration when you have a lifestyle to maintain

Not seen a Banana do Double staff in the woods? You obviously weren't at that party!

'my guess would be staffers dont waste time talking bollox' - strugz

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

just seen your sig Chumpy - that must make me a hypocrit then ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
I 'invented' a move (I think). Well, since I just started this whole spinning thing, I'm not so sure I did actually. Probably doing something everybody has been doing for years...

Ok.. now lets see if I can explain... and if anyone of you can tell me if there's a name for it.

Hold the staff vertical in right hand, palm inwards.
Throw it between hands keeping it vertical, no swinging, palms inwards.
Do a 1/2 (body) turn while catching the staff in the left hand, but now palm outward
Catch in right hand behind the back
Catch in left hand while doing another 1/2 body turn.

It's really simple. (if you can figure out what I mean, that is)

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I just learned the first half of the Matrix... Now for the second half...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
elbow wrap to vertical steve to the other side elbow wrap. Could probably fit a couple of elbow pops in there too, or an angel roll after the vertical steve if I practised at all.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
nobody cares about my new move! frown :weepingsmiley:

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
*whooooooooo*

sounds good Meg wink

can you chuck a cartwheel in there too!

biggrin

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
anything for you strugz!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Pulled off my first full matrix today... biggrin

Now, to do it more than once a day would be nice...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
I learnt the most valuable lesson today ......

NEVER TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR STAFF !!!!

*My head hurts* frown
EDITED_BY: jc_firetricks (1133930847)

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
arr the old head bounce am still pratising that one.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
got bored, made a video. It's an ok move. https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/media/movies/tutorials/verticalsteveinelbows1.avi

FEAR my updated site also. PHEAR IT! tongue

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

Who cares? You're already too good!

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
I finally after years figured out the right way to do a thumb extension, and I didn't even know I was doing it wrong, either that or I've found a fifth beat

and I've got loads of weird club swinger manipulation stuff that translates well to staff.

plus I pointed my toes so hard I think I got a cramp

Viva UGLY STAFF

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhhhhhh, maybe you've found the fifth elem... sorry beat!

Do tell.

Or have you trancended into a pure energy being already?

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Written by: Zauberdachs

Written by: mcp

Who cares? You're already too good!

Yes, far too good !!!! weavesmiley

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Pokes Ninja of Approval to reveal his majical mysterious 5th beat and wierd club swinger stuff!!! smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
just came up with something.....
probibly not new, and not at all contactly.

from butterfly in front of you (i still dont know my plane names)
wall maybe??
so...kinda butterfly flower tyring things, as you get both sticks to the top, isolate the top pair of wicks and bring them down the center of your body, whilst folding togeather the other ends, when they reach the top, isolate them and split apart the bottom again.

can also go in to butterfly iso's and some other stuff from it biggrin

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

Page: ......