Posted:
BTB Fishtailes.

:],

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Well, I finally went to the park to practice today. Yays!

And I managed to fainally crack full steves. Kick so much ass! biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
haven't done much. Doing doubles jesus's with two plus rotations for a laugh, and trying not to kill jugglers.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Written by: mcp

haven't done much. Doing doubles jesus's with two plus rotations for a laugh, and trying not to kill jugglers.

Your crazy Meg, looking forward to meeting you.

Pitty Ben from UberOz couldn't do a double jesus, though he did do a great impersonation of you. If only you saw Meg. hahaha I am sure Rob has pics. ubbloco

PS : Rob please post those pics. ubblol

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i am working on mid-air swaps, having misspent all this time exploring what to do under a thown staves, thinking that i should be up there with the staves..
i like swaps.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
the disappearing staff tongue

"Quote coming soon..."

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
crosser reels (self-hugs) with doubles bounce

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
All sorts of throws...

Simian

Crossers... Grrrrr... How.... Please... Help...

*Frustrated*

smile

Love is the law.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
How:

in wallplane

figure 8 with left hand on right side of body

figure 8 with right hand on left side of body

when one's in front of you, the others behind

they cross the plane of the body while they're vertical

parallel timing rather than split (eg - thumbs pointed in the same direction, not together/apart) is what cracked it for me. It makes the timing less fussy somehow, not sure why yet.

Definitely more stretchy than the poi version. i can't do it for a long time at the moment, or my shoulders start to feel hazardous...

edit: plus smile and hug for Mr P and his laydee
EDITED_BY: simian (1139410162)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
and hug to you too.

Thanks for the tips. Im not sure how bendy i am. but am mad to get a hold on these....

Though faberge seems to do these things with alarming ease....

hey hey, i made a rhyme smile

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
That's cos she practises lots.

smile

Getting to the other side smile

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
btb staff weave smile

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
The matrix! Well, I can do it *some* of the time, anyway!

And tongue to you guys who think that's an easy move wink ubbangel

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
confusatron to elbow roll

next step is getting into continous elbow to elbow rolls

Viva UGLY STAFF

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
end half steve, i think.

Oh and i have been shown that i can only really do 3/4 of the matrix, it appears the full matrix starts on the in between the neck and the left arm

"Quote coming soon..."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
not sure i've been in here before... but probably have.... anyway, yesterday i was playing with:

-lots of doubles antispinnery learnt from meg an simian, probably done wrong but there seems to be quite a lot of scope for sntispin jiggerypokery
-trying a doubles isolated fountain going behind the head. still need a bit of work to get the last bit clean
-alternating follow time underarm single beat stuff going from side to side 9been doing this for ages but never mentioned it yet)
-a split from two staff together to staff on staff fishtail. a nice start for confined spaces with no ceiling...
-erm... what was that other thing?! damn it i've forgot it already... oh yeah, trying to get a two bet weave to turn from forwards to backwards while keeping parrallel (i'm still struggling with this one)
-the potato chip 940 degree double backside floating lemon meruigne pie (mmm... pie) tongue

biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Behind the neck horizontals more clear. Second part of matrix, got helped with matrix entrance. Refresh of foot staff. 2 times horizontal prayer.

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

scottydogGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
try this out, starting behind your back, keep it spining to get momentum, then pass to right hand and spin eight times on the way up to do a helicoptor thing, eight spins down the left and then pass it through your legs from behind, bringing it up to a buzz saw, it looks awesome if you take a picture with a five second exposure.

anyone ever come to aldeburgh and feel like a beach session, just give me a call.

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Fishtails with a wrist wrap on each side and a half steve to fishtail

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
managed to get steve to horizonal angel roll that sandy and I were working on the other week also got a couple of back to back cage steves with the fingers touching smile

was good fun but I shouldn't really be using my wrist at the moment shrug

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
dude those steve horizontal angel rolls are awsome. ive been playing a bit with putting in a 4 beat horizontal angel roll which is fun but looks almost identical to horizontal pivots but is much harder, esentially making it pointless. Fun though.
Fair play for getting a couple of back to back cage steves, ive been playing but they arnt very smooth yet.

"Don't do it naked!"

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
can you explain what your doing a little better????

video any one???
oh i know now what your on about with the 4beet angel's but the cage steves???

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
basically it's a continous half steve keeping middle fingers touching through out the whole move (like a prayer steve without the extra prayer beat) hope that helps, I wouldn't bother waiting for a vid everyone a there dog will be able to do it in there sleep b4 that happens

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
oh mine are different. Mine are like inside. not like caged fingers but like a caged staff...

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
hehe

i know this one - differant again i rekon though ubblol

Mine is on the inside too but it is horizontal at the neck then kindof goes almost vertical when it hits my hands........

must just be crap planes eh rolleyes

ubblol

Oh and happy birthday Meg hug smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
acturlly I think your right a cage steve is ment to be on the inside so anyone got a good name for what I was doing??? (maybe Jeff)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
"the jeff" is good dude, but i think "the outside frank" also has to be considerd wink

ubblol

Ok so im not sure if what i did last night is correct as far as the terminology im about to use........ but

A vertical jesus........ starting with an under the arm / shoulder entry - almost as if you were going to do a vertical snes...... but leave out the neck........ to get a halo off the back of this seems to make you turn the opposite way....... therefore its an anti spin jesus....... smile a move that i told mynci was impossible........ ubblol

I guess if i still had my hat now is the time to eat it smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I turn the normal way when I do that? I think... You might be doing it the other direction to your normal jesus? That makes it feel uber weird.

Plus it's fun to just do it like a snes but sticking the chest halo roll in there instead of a neck wrap...

I think the hand cage one should have the name caged steve and then we can be poncey and call the other one inverted steve or some stupid thing like that.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
kool, i just got the SNES.

thanks for the tut. vids meg hug

cheers, pete

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Its a wierd one Meg confused

For something that should be so easy - why cant i get my head around it.......

Normal jesus - i find going from a Left side halo - turning to the right as the staff hit the right of your back...... then continue turning as it goes across the front....... that to me is a normal jesus and the turn is going the same way as the stick.

Anti-spun - i go straight into the frontside first.. as mentioned above, only turning into the stick, then into the halo.......... but im going the opposite way........? both moves essentially are the same, but i cant work out why they feel so differant......

I need to step out of this jesus bubble and take a look from the outside smile

i like a cage steve for inside the arms...... inverted cage for outside....... YAY - that will confuse the masses - well done smile

ubblol

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
but if instead of going into a halo starting on the left, you go underarm into a snes start to a jesus, you are doing the otherway Jesus. They both start from reverse on your left. It's quite odd to think about, but true.

Plus anti-turn jesus would still be outrageously hard. I might try working up to it with slightly less turning with the spin jesus...

Page: ......