Forums > Social Discussion > Our performance (Apocolyptica)

Login/Join to Participate

LaavelBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Ok, a Haligonian here and me and my two friends are going to be preforming a routine at a Battle of the Bands. The three of us have done one other performance for a talent show at my female friends school. It was a pretty good success, with music, a video playing, fog machine and lights. We met our cues pretty well for a first timer and the only big problems were that our male counterpart took too long on his solo (but we had a backup for my solo which was after his in case he did), my female counterpart tangeled her chains three times because they were longer than she was used to and at her 5 foot stance they were probably at least 3 feet if not more.

We got alot of compliments and it seems were a pretty good group together. So now we want to make a new routine with new music. Were all fans of Apocolyptica, in case you havent heard of it, it's all Metallica music but redone with violin and chello and 10x better. Anyone ever do a routine to them? any tips, just anything! Thanks!

P.S. Its true! After a year of spinning i FINALLY got the 3 beat weave...Aye..I'm a discrase... weavesmiley

Where has my heart gone, trapped in the eyes of a stanger

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Ooooh, a routine to Hall Of The Mountain King would be soooooo good biggrin

And yes, Apocalyptica are just 3 cellos - god knows how, I thought they were a full orchestra when I first heard them!

They're supporting Rammstein in February. I'm so excited about it I can't quite sit still. biggrin

"Take that, math!"

LaavelBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
there has got to be violins. And yeah, Hall of The Mountain king is an awsome song. I also like distraction and Quaato(thinks thats right)

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
Apocalyptica don't use any violins. They use 3 chellos (it used to be four). And they don't just cover songs.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
It sounds a lot like they use violins, but cellos are simply brilliant, so they probably cover it.

If someone could look in their sleeve notes and see if they have "additional violins" in any tracks that'd settle it smile I only have copies sadly, until my money situation sorts itself out I can't buy anything frown

"Take that, math!"

LaavelBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Thanks everybody! I'd LOVE to mix the songs, but as of now I don't have any programs to do that and I have to design a routine and preform it within a month. We don't even know many tricks, so its rather difficult. Our last show was really loose other than moving cues. erg...*hits-head-into-keyboard*

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Written by: puresock

It sounds a lot like they use violins, but cellos are simply brilliant, so they probably cover it.

As a former cellist I can tell you that when you play in fourth or thumb position on the cello (that is with your hand way down the neck) you get some of the same notes you'd get on a violin.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
ditto What he said. Oh, how I loved shifting and vibrato on the cello. So much eaiser, I remember.... But I had to stop because I did the year by ear, couldn't read bass clef redface

Stuck in the middle - viola

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier