arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
First off... sorry everybody fr not being here more often... but well this tpic may explain abit more...

Now most of you know of the reasons of me moving to Melbourne, but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place now... and it killing me inside. On one hand I no have the friends I've always wanted, careing, loveing, and pretty much the best thing that's happened to me, but, about twoo weeks ago, my mum came down to see me... showed me pictures of everybody, brother, sister, and their kids... I can't take this...

I came down because of her... "HER"!!! (her being an ex)... and I've wondered... how can one other person have such a hold on me to make me leave my family???

I miss my family... but am now afraid to leave my friends... However, I have no job as of yet... and have been looking for a place of my own... and no luck... I need help... and to all friends down here in Melbourne... I'm sorry to break this to you all like this... but I can't hide it anymore... and you deserve to know...

I love you all, why can't we have that island???

P.S. And just TRY to stop me from going to atleast Confest and Lynhurst...

P.P.S Nobody noticed it was my birthday on the 5th... sigh...
-----------------
Hey??? Where's Goku???

[ 13 August 2002, 22:28: Message edited by: Arsn ]

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday for the fifth, hugs and love to you my sweety...

I love my friends, & I have some good ones. But my family, well, they have always been there for me, & always will. I am only just coming to the stage that I know I like my parents as people, & it makes me love them more. You won't lose your friends, even if you aren't near them. But you cannot afford to lose your family either.

Take care & send me a message if you need to chat

Roz

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Arsn, sorry about missing your birthday... Happy Birthday!!!

Your in a tight situation and only you can get yourself out of it. You have to stop and sit on the sidewalk or whatever and just think of all the motives all the pros and cons. Then you must make a rational decision and do it.

My only advice to you is, dont chase a girl. Have some faith and chin up ole chap you'll be fine.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

hairballmember
11 posts

Posted:
first and foremost HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Maybe it would do you good to go
back home for a visit, befor you
make up your mind!

Paul

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
(**Brings in Big Chocolate Cake**)
Happy Birthday man, sorry we missed it........in my defence my crystal ball has been a bit off colour recently and has been into the repair shop for a while now (No courtesy ball either - bloody cowboys.......) anywayz.....
Family is always there, they wont drift, you'll always have their forwarding address and all that but mate.....make your own way in the world.
Your Family love you, you love them, and u can visit whenever you like.
Screw my opinion though, do what you feel you have to in your heart.....Family or Friends???
You can always make new friends, but you'll never lose your family.
Pleeeeez don't stress over the situation, whatever you decide, it will be the right decision and you should live without regret.
(Don't try living without weed, but always live without regret)
Keep Smiling and Stay Green
SmallBoy

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday!

Sorry we missed it And sorry your feeling down... Hope all gets well in your world....

.:* sprinkles some very special birthday fairy dust all over Troy *:.

Now make a wish!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

serina17member
41 posts

Posted:
hello arsn.
you might remember me from such a place called werribee. Anyway us poeples down here miss you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TROY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. i knew your birthday was in august i just didn't know what date. Hey wanna come to my party on the 7th it's on a saturday. My birthday is on the 1st but i'm having it a week later. if you come you will surprise everybody. Sorry about your parents and all but hey they will be around forever and will love you no madder what. ok gtg. bye bye miss ya.

---------------------------------------------I Will Be The Most Powerful Jedi Ever.---------------------------------------------

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Happy-Slappy-Birthday Gorgeous

TeeHee!

I'm with Raymund, it's obviously something that only you can decide. Saying this, you did ask for our opinions so...

Despite the fact that my family has and always will be there for me, I would give anything to be in a position such as yours. I'd love to get out of this city and see other places, especially if I was to be with friends. I've lived here for the majority of my life and I'm begining to crave some diversity.
Now this IS a difficult one, because you moved there for your girl. The fact that it hasn't worked out probably leaves you feeling like it was a wrong move. Like you've been forced to leave your family for no reason. Also, when your feeling low, whats better than a little bit of Mamas TLC and good cookin' to pick you up again?
The fact is, you made a decision to go out on your own, maybe not for the right reasons, but you've done it none the less.
Stick it out. Prove to yourself that you're living for you, and not some girl, who's obviously hurt you alot. I think you'll be suprised at how strong you can be, with or without your family.
Even if you decide to back in a year or so, atleast you've had a taste of what it's like. One thing you must remember when you have a loving family, is that they'll never stop being there for you, and they'll never stop loving you. Girlfriends, friends (even those you think you'll never lose) come and go, but your family's with you for life.

All my love and lots of comfy hugz comin' your way GiggleBoy, I know you'll be happy again soon..

Linds xxx

PS: Ofcoarse there's always the option of us running away togeather, to some beautiful sundrenched island where the natives worship fire and giggle all day...

Az abouve, So below...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY beautiful soul

::hands Arsn a creope with nutella::

Sorry i was not on HOP to post a happy birthday note, but you know how we all love you by the amount of "where on earth is arsn" posted, don't you ?

anyway... may I just tell you one thing. Obviously it is up to you to do what you want but here is my feelign... don't be affraid to be forgotten. I mean... wherever you'll go, your family and friends (even the cyber friends like us) will love you because you are truely a wonderful person. Don't worry so much.
I found that leaving a place does not mean erasing relationships and so your family loves you / your friends do too and now you have to find what YOU want because those two things (friends and family) will NOT change, regardless of the geography, you know ?
And maybe your moving out made you realize things about your family you did not know ? reinforce feelings ? purify thoughts and relationships ??? try to see the positive in what happened to you and be proud of the decisions you made. Maybe you did not only leave to avoid "her" ... maybe there was more to find for you eventually ... look around and see for yourself. And see also all teh happiness and light YOU have brought to others...

I'd love to say more but it'd probably be a bit inapropriate on Hop and I am always affraid of not expressing myself in english teh way I want to...

Have faith in your relationships with people. and have faith in yourself

Much love and respect
shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I am really sorry for missing your birthday... I will remember next time as its the day after me dads...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Everything in life has a reason. Maybe you had to go to melbourne... Maybe 'she' took you there but the move was not for that maybe it was for some step in your life!
I recommend you stay there and see what happens. Give yourself a time deadline say five months... If you still arent happy then move back.

Havign said this it is only YOUR descision... No one but you can decide...
Life is only as tough as you make it!

Much love to all, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Arsn... First of all Happy Birthday...
Since you kinda disapeared off the board heaps of people have been posting "where are you arsn?" topics and we have all missed your bright and cheery sense of humour... you are a funny, funny guy that has made a lot of people smile Arsn.
I understand that sometimes in peoples life they have to make a desicion that reflects what is most important to them... and it seems that you have come to the crossroads right now.
My advice to you would be that you follow what your heart tells you to do. From my understanding you left Qld to go to Melbourne to keep distance between you and the Ex...(is that right?).. Yeah sure it hurts like hell and it will feel like shit if you were to have to face that again, but maybe that is the reason that all this has come up... have you faced the emotion and feelings that are associated with the breakup yet? Do you feel that you have healed or is it all still sitting there under the surface?
Your family are your blood, they will love and respect you regardless of any decision that you make. They love you Troy, of that you can be sure. Otherwise your Mum wouldnt have come down and seen you and let you know how important you are to her by sharing with you.
In another sense your friends are also your blood.They are quite often the ones that see you through the hardest times and stand by you when you feel like everything around you is crumbling. From the impressions that I have gotten off this board you have a "Family Of Friends" in Melbourne, and just like your biological family, your friends will honour and respect any decision that you make for your well being. I mean that is what you have to do right now huh? Make a decision that is going to help you to heal and feel in a lighter and more positive place for YOU. Not anyone else.... Sure we can be there for our friends and family and share good times and bad times, but at the end of the day you have to do what is right for yourself, and if that is moving, then follow your heart. It might not be easy, but it is the hardest tests that help us to grow and learn how to be stronger people.
Your friends and your family will never abandon you Arsn, even if you are not in the same space as them physically, you are still in the same heart space as them... a bond of love is not one easily broken.
If you choose to move, then realise that a choice can be changed, you are not held down by that choice...if you feel that things are not working out for you then, make a new choice. It is never a failure to try something different, if it doesnt happen the way that you wanted it to, then it was a learning experience, nothing more, nothing less.
This post is hitting close to home for me right now because I am in the same position, Do I stay or do I go? I have decided to have faith and trust and believe in myself and do what makes me happy...
See your self for the great person you are Arsn...Honour your essence, meditate on what you need and then make a calm choice. I know that things will work out for you once you give yourself permission to fly..good luck my friend
BTW if ya move to Brissie at any stage... I NEED a flatmate...lol... Ill put you up for as much time as you need ...If you wanna talk at any stage or even just let off steam message me...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Arsn...Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear your troubles at the moment.

However, a new perspective could be sueful at this point.

Imagine if your mum HADN'T come down to see you, and HADN't shown you those pictures. There's a chance you may have gone through the rest of your life not knowing why you felt so rotten and miserable.

Now that you know, you can do something about it!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
bappy hirthday ol' buddy!
dude - you can't leave melbourne, who'll keep those rowdy edinborough possums in line? and who's going to take care of all the abandoned shopping trolleys? they need love too!!
But seriously, i think i speak on behalf of the entire melbourne fire community when i say that we'd love for you to stay here - but in the end it really is your choice. Maybe you could compromise.. spend winters up in warm sunny Brisbane with your Fam, then come back here for summer and spin with us!?
anyway, good luck whatever you decide!

[ 20 August 2002, 14:23: Message edited by: falloutboy ]

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Well, I've decided... I'm going back, Sniff... But, it's not all bad news for my family in Melbourne, I'll be back... honest. You can't get rid of me compeltly, tee hee.

I'll be back for Earthcore, Lynhurst, and confest... and maybe I'll bring down other twirlers...

I've got loverly people (*Cough... Valura... Cough*) helping me, and family still there...

So everybody who isn't at twirling tonight... I'll miss you all... X... I love you all...

------------
To hold somebody is nice, but to be held is even better.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OHHHHH I'll be coming for a visit to Melbourne for some crrraaazzzzyyy doofs... Id love to meet the melbournite sector of the HOP family...Ill start saving now...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
See Troy! Everyone loves ya! Now it's not a matter of where to go.... it's a matter of where to STAY!!!

Hope your feeling all sugur and spice and all things nice with heaps of warm fuzzy hugs and light

(oooh how clever that kind of rhymes! well sorta )

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Glad u made your decision sweets

All my love 'n' hugs to you, hope u happy.

DF xxx

Az abouve, So below...

HOP Newsletter